• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cora ...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least it's truthful. still kinda stupid. after all, you say nothing with this post.
My point being that it would be utterly ridiculous for the Sox to even so much as contemplate hiring Cora at any position within the organization, especially as a manager. Assuming he beats the banishment for life, and at this point it's not a given, he'll nonetheless receive a stiff penalty, which will likely bleed over into at least a couple of years. Plus he'd be a lightning rod for negative coverage by the media and opposing fans. So no id, it's a terrible idea to hire this guy in any capacity at any point in time. And since that's only my opinion vs yours, I've taken it one step further by going with a prediction, which is even assuming MLB doesn't banish Cora for life, he will not find a job directly with any ballclub for at least 5 years. Maybe that's a stretch, but here's what isn't: The White Sox will NEVER hire Cora.

Your turn.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point being that it would be utterly ridiculous for the Sox to even so much as contemplate hiring Cora at any position within the organization, especially as a manager. Assuming he beats the banishment for life, and at this point it's not a given, he'll nonetheless receive a stiff penalty, which will likely bleed over into at least a couple of years. Plus he'd be a lightning rod for negative coverage by the media and opposing fans. So no id, it's a terrible idea to hire this guy in any capacity at any point in time. And since that's only my opinion vs yours, I've taken it one step further by going with a prediction, which is even assuming MLB doesn't banish Cora for life, he will not find a job directly with any ballclub for at least 5 years. Maybe that's a stretch, but here's what isn't: The White Sox will NEVER hire Cora.

Your turn.
seeing as how i suggested the sox are too stupid to hire him i have to agree with you. they won't hire him. but certainly not for the reasons you state, that it was such a horrific scandalous crime. it most certainly was not! are you even aware how many times this issue has happened before? it's much ado about nothing and it will drift from memory just as all the others have.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your turn.
i'm taking a double turn here. before your sox halo gets too bright, here's a reminder of what the sox did once:

1. back in the 1980s the White Sox used their scoreboard to steal signs from the opposition.

Armed with a 25-watt refrigerator bulb and a toggle switch, a member of the White Sox organization would sit in the manager's office and watch the camera that had a view of the catcher from center field.

Flipping the switch on meant either a fastball or breaking ball was coming, and no action from the light meant the other was coming.

Simple, effective and incredibly shady all wrapped into one.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about rotating Alomars for manager - to keep up with the White Sox innovation and stunt reputation?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm taking a double turn here. before your sox halo gets too bright, here's a reminder of what the sox did once:

1. back in the 1980s the White Sox used their scoreboard to steal signs from the opposition.

Armed with a 25-watt refrigerator bulb and a toggle switch, a member of the White Sox organization would sit in the manager's office and watch the camera that had a view of the catcher from center field.

Flipping the switch on meant either a fastball or breaking ball was coming, and no action from the light meant the other was coming.

Simple, effective and incredibly shady all wrapped into one.
Cool, fascinating bit of information, no doubt. But that was then, this is now. What's your prediction about Cora and his future regarding MLB employment, and specifically employment with the White Sox?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about rotating Alomars for manager - to keep up with the White Sox innovation and stunt reputation?
Sandy desperately wants to manage. Lord knows Kenny would love to bring an Alomar back into the mix.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone here be surprised if this Cora managed the White Sox one day? Would be the most Reinsdorf move ever:

upload_2020-1-15_19-12-20.jpeg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but certainly not for the reasons you state, that it was such a horrific scandalous crime. it most certainly was not! are you even aware how many times this issue has happened before? it's much ado about nothing and it will drift from memory just as all the others have.

This I most certainly agree with. These type of scandals are a part of every decade and as new technology emerges. It is used to sign steal.

By the way, sign stealing, in itself? Not illegal. It is commonly accepted and practiced at every level. High school, college, pro... It's only illegal to use technology to assist you in the endeavor.

In high school and college ball, we used to have a bullpen pitcher assigned to trying to steal the opposing pitching coaches signs. Then, when we had runners on 2nd, if we could figure out the sign or they did a poor job of disguising them. We would relay what was coming to the batter with a tug of the belt, etc.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, fascinating bit of information, no doubt. But that was then, this is now. What's your prediction about Cora and his future regarding MLB employment, and specifically employment with the White Sox?
i believe he'll manage again. as for who he manages ... i can only hope.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See post #27
source.gif