• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cora ...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... should be the next white sox manager! that is if the sox have any brains at all.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May we assume you said this in jest?
you know what happens when you assume?

i'm dead serious. in 2021 (assuming he's only suspended for 1 year) cora should become the sox manager. he's talented.
you, thinking i might be jesting, apparently see evil where none exists.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm dead serious. in 2021 (assuming he's only suspended for 1 year) cora should become the sox manager. he's talented.
No, I assume you were jesting because of the distinct possibility that Cora will likely be banned for more than a year. There's already a groundswell calling for him to be banned for life. The other reason I assume you were jesting is because of the relentless media & fan storm that would definitely follow ANY team who would be stupid enough to hire this cheater. There's a reason Pete Rose, Sammy Sosa and the other major PED cheaters are not employed by MLB in any capacity years after being caught in their transgressions. Think Biggles, think!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I assume you were jesting because of the distinct possibility that Cora will likely be banned for more than a year. There's already a groundswell calling for him to be banned for life. The other reason I assume you were jesting is because of the relentless media & fan storm that would definitely follow ANY team who would be stupid enough to hire this cheater. There's a reason Pete Rose, Sammy Sosa and the other major PED cheaters are not employed by MLB in any capacity years after being caught in their transgressions. Think Biggles, think!
it's you who needs to think! thruout the history of baseball teams have stolen signs. every team is guilty. most just aren't as clever at it as others. comparing doping to stealing signs is ludicrous.
in a year no one will care that cora or hinch were let go because of it and i assure you they will both be in baseball once their suspensions are lifted.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's you who needs to think! thruout the history of baseball teams have stolen signs. every team is guilty. most just aren't as clever at it as others. comparing doping to stealing signs is ludicrous.
in a year no one will care that cora or hinch were let go because of it and i assure you they will both be in baseball once their suspensions are lifted.
LOL, you really do seem to enjoy always being in a group of one, id. I'll give you that much.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you really do seem to enjoy always being in a group of one, id. I'll give you that much.
it's clear to me that sign stealing isn't going to stop. remember the teams that were chastised in the 70's for sitting guys in the bleachers with a pair of binoculars stealing signs? remember when the white sox themselves used their scoreboard to steal signs from the opposition in the 80's? how is what hinch or cora did any different?
imo .... teams should be clever enough to convey to their players what they want them to do without just waving their hands and arms around. this IS the 21st century isn't it?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you hire him in 2021 - he wouldn't be able to manage until (at least) 2022. From what I understand, the suspensions would not start until they are back in baseball. Cora and Hinch's next jobs likely will not be managerial for this reason.

I'm not a choir boy with this stuff. I played and would steal signs from opponents. They both took it to another level... but still... I understand where this sort of thing comes from. High school teams do it.

But I also don't know if the importance of managers is enough to willingly walk into a mess like that. They have value, of course. Enough to invite a situation like Cora/Hinch on? Probably not.

I do support most other ideas to get RR out from the clubhouse, though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's clear to me that sign stealing isn't going to stop. remember the teams that were chastised in the 70's for sitting guys in the bleachers with a pair of binoculars stealing signs? remember when the white sox themselves used their scoreboard to steal signs from the opposition in the 80's? how is what hinch or cora did any different?
imo .... teams should be clever enough to convey to their players what they want them to do without just waving their hands and arms around. this IS the 21st century isn't it?
I've never said stealing signs hasn't been around since kingdom come. I'm taking issue with your insistence that the Sox will or should hire Cora. This is NEVER going to happen and I don't care how many ways you try to spin it otherwise. But I will make you a deal. Assuming we're both still around till the year 2025 - I'll give you 5 whole years before you must finally concede that the Sox will NEVER hire Cora. If in those 5 years they do, I'll be more than happy to concede your sheer genius. 5 years, I think that's fair.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next manager hire will probably a player that was on the 2005 team. That's how we roll.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next manager hire will probably a player that was on the 2005 team. That's how we roll.

Yeah, based on our history. That would seem about right.

I say go and get Carl Everett.

Kidding... kidding... lol

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said stealing signs hasn't been around since kingdom come. I'm taking issue with your insistence that the Sox will or should hire Cora. This is NEVER going to happen and I don't care how many ways you try to spin it otherwise. But I will make you a deal. Assuming we're both still around till the year 2025 - I'll give you 5 whole years before you must finally concede that the Sox will NEVER hire Cora. If in those 5 years they do, I'll be more than happy to concede your sheer genius. 5 years, I think that's fair.
why do you talk so much and say so little? quote me exactly where i said the sox were going to sign cora? i stand behind 'should'; i never suggested "will".

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you talk so much and say so little? quote me exactly where i said the sox were going to sign cora? i stand behind 'should'; i never suggested "will".
Fair enough, I'll remove the "will" part of my of my original statement and just stick with the "should". So the Sox should NOT even contemplate whatsoever the thought of hiring Cora. Better?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just the sign stealing - it was the systematic, organized, digitized sign stealing that went all the way into upper management. IMO - that's not the same as the runner on 2nd base flashing signals to the batter.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'll remove the "will" part of my of my original statement and just stick with the "should". So the Sox should NOT even contemplate whatsoever the thought of hiring Cora. Better?
at least it's truthful. still kinda stupid. after all, you say nothing with this post.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just the sign stealing - it was the systematic, organized, digitized sign stealing that went all the way into upper management. IMO - that's not the same as the runner on 2nd base flashing signals to the batter.
that's my point! different means but the exact same goal. why punish anyone? figure out a new way to transmit signs.
this is akin to the first curve ball being throw and batters saying it's not fair! or the forward pass in football. stealing signs is a fact that won't go away ... so figure out a way to defeat it.
no wonder baseball gets a bad rap. it's too stupid to change with the times. so keep the 3 hour games and the inaccurate umpire calls.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, based on our history. That would seem about right.

I say go and get Carl Everett.

Kidding... kidding... lol
Carl doesn’t believe dinosaurs existed and wanted to blow up Wrigley Field. Manager material if you ask me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl doesn’t believe dinosaurs existed and wanted to blow up Wrigley Field. Manager material if you ask me.

I'm just saying... it would be really colorful and fun. lol

Has a manager ever been thrown at? I bet he could make it happen.