• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooter

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give him credit. In his two games as OC since the bye (throwing out the London game), he's done a nice job mixing run/pass, and won the time-of-possession battle in both games - something we had done only once in the previous 8 games. I had read that he has a super high football IQ, and though the offense still isn't good, it's definitely looking a bit better (of course, 2 games is a small sample). Pleasant surprise, even if only for 6 more games.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire with 10,18 and 18 points but there have been a few new wrinkles and you can tell he is finding ways to exploit matchups at least.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire with 10,18 and 18 points but there have been a few new wrinkles and you can tell he is finding ways to exploit matchups at least.

He also seems to make in game adjustments so when the opponents come out and stymie us in the 3rd qtr we are not dead in the water like Lombardi.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also seems to make in game adjustments so when the opponents come out and stymie us in the 3rd qtr we are not dead in the water like Lombardi.

Schwartz was notorious for that too. There was a long stretch where we would come out blazing and then the other team would make adjustments at halftime and the Lions would look bewildered.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions' Caldwell: No regrets waiting to fire Lombardi

Quarterback Matthew Stafford praised Cooter's aggressive play calling after the game, and he said Sunday that players seem to be fitting better into the offense under Cooter.

"Obviously, we're just playing a little bit better," Stafford said. "Our guys up front are playing better. Those guys were in some new spots early on in the year, and it takes a while, as an offensive line, to learn to play together and play better. And they're doing that as of late, which, obviously, helps us a lot."

BB_72; couple posters here spoke about this very fact. helped that Cooter changed/simplified blocking scheme but still many expected instant change. O-Line needs more chemistry, cohesion and continuity than other units as a whole to be successful, imo

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cooter has put more emphasis on pass blocking and running the ball, with the Lions logging two of their three highest rushing totals of the season the last two weeks. And Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said in a conference call Sunday that he can see some differences in the Lions on film.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"What I saw earlier was a lot of close games," McCarthy said. "You've got to be realistic, and some of those are real tight, down-to-the-wire type things, and big plays made in the fourth quarter. So I think the direction the offense has gone has been productive, and the defense is very talented and playing very well, really, for the most part, all year. Special teams doing a hell of a job, so we have a lot of respect the way the team is built and the way it's playing "

BB_72; speaks volumes when your division rival spits the above out

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just jealous cuz I iz a flip flopping mofo

It was nice to see the offense clicking for a change, but I'm going forward with cautious optimism. If they chew up the Packers defense, I'll be a believer.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in Detroit does a guy named Lombardi bomb, and a guy named Cooter doesn't stink.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Detroit in my pick ems'. Only the Lions can sweep the Packers in a non playoff season.

They run the table and suddenly Smitty gets his wish and the Packers win that first one by default somehow.