• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooter to the wing!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I thought this said "Cooter to the wings"

I was like oh shit... Philly is falling apart.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I thought this said "Cooter to the wings"

I was like oh shit... Philly is falling apart.

cant fall apart to the wings though, the wings are doing the same thing we are! :L

hint: it rhymes with nothing.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol That may be Awazy, but we're looking damn good doing it! :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol That may be Awazy, but we're looking damn good doing it! :)

true. i guess it's unfair to say we're doing nothing, just not landing on anything.

i really dont think homer has any intention of moving couturier, schenn, or voracek, so if anybody wants them they're going to get a big ole "no" from homer

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. 100%.

I believe he'd do that deal Bandit was talking about for Ryan, but.....yeah, that's about it. I've watched his interview on CSN twice (third time is on right now. lol) already this morning and though he's def pissed he/they didn't land one of the big prizes this off season he's not about to take any of the current pieces away just to make a move.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the Chairman of the Preds is an ass. He was like "we got the last laugh on the Philadelphia Flyers!" and Poile is on air spouting off about how happy Weber is to be playing for the Preds for the next 14 years. lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the Chairman of the Preds is an ass. He was like "we got the last laugh on the Philadelphia Flyers!" and Poile is on air spouting off about how happy Weber is to be playing for the Preds for the next 14 years. lol

weber himself was spouting about that too.. i think the agents comments were a little overblown.. it seems that weber would've rather played in philly, but had his agents say it to get in the head of poile.. because in reality, he's ok playing at either place

if he really, truly, wanted out of nashville, all he had to do was make those comments himself.. then the fans in nashville hate him and poile can be a hero for getting rid of him

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O C T O B E R

Where art thou?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weber himself was spouting about that too.. i think the agents comments were a little overblown.. it seems that weber would've rather played in philly, but had his agents say it to get in the head of poile.. because in reality, he's ok playing at either place

if he really, truly, wanted out of nashville, all he had to do was make those comments himself.. then the fans in nashville hate him and poile can be a hero for getting rid of him

Agreed.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, my lines would be as follows:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek

Read-Briere-Simmonds

Fedotenko-Couturier-Talbot

Wellwood-Schenn-Rinaldo

I think there are a lot of interchangeable parts here though. Several of our players are capable at center and wing. You could swap Read and Schenn or Talbot and Schenn. You could start Shelley over Rinaldo or perhaps even a rookie takes that 12th spot instead.

I wouldn't say that there's a hole at left wing, but we really don't have a designated second line left winger. I feel like Read is most ready to fill that role, but Schenn could certainly take that position if he continues to grow. Regardless, that's a spot where Homer could potentially be looking for an upgrade (1st or 2nd line wing).

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, my lines would be as follows:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek

Read-Briere-Simmonds

Fedotenko-Couturier-Talbot

Wellwood-Schenn-Rinaldo

I think there are a lot of interchangeable parts here though. Several of our players are capable at center and wing. You could swap Read and Schenn or Talbot and Schenn. You could start Shelley over Rinaldo or perhaps even a rookie takes that 12th spot instead.

it looks like the second line is going to be schenn.briere.simmonds.. i dont think they'll give schenn the 'couturier treatment' ont he 4th line.. even while couturier was having an incredible season they continued to put schenn higher on the depth chart.. schenn is going to be special.. probably bumps read to the 3rd line and moves talbot to center the 4th (unless they put wellwood there to keep talbot w/ couturier, then move fedetenko down to the 4th)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like the second line is going to be schenn.briere.simmonds.. i dont think they'll give schenn the 'couturier treatment' ont he 4th line.. even while couturier was having an incredible season they continued to put schenn higher on the depth chart.. schenn is going to be special.. probably bumps read to the 3rd line and moves talbot to center the 4th (unless they put wellwood there to keep talbot w/ couturier, then move fedetenko down to the 4th)

There are so many ways you could go with it. I think even Voracek on the top line won't be set in stone, especially if we make a move for another forward. I mainly put Read on a prime scoring line since he netted 24 last season, which is pretty damn impressive for a rookie, albeit a 25 year old.

I like Couturier with Talbot on the third as a line that "fucks their shit up" no matter who plays with them...rofl...I guess you'd have to put Read in that spot and give him significant time on the second power play unit, possibly even at the point if necessary.

That pushes Fedotenko to the third line with Wellwood and Rinaldo/Shelley or someone else. I'm not sure who the center is there. It possibly evens things out more to split up Couturier and Talbot, but they'll probably be put back together for the playoffs one way or another when we lean more heavily on just three lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber will get dealt after 1 year, I'm sure it will happen. Just a bad move on there part. I can't see them holding that contract. They may be dumb enough to shell out all that cash now, but I can see a team like Boston or Detroit trying to package a big deal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber will get dealt after 1 year, I'm sure it will happen. Just a bad move on there part. I can't see them holding that contract. They may be dumb enough to shell out all that cash now, but I can see a team like Boston or Detroit trying to package a big deal.

lol That would be a fucking disaster if it comes true. Pay him $27 million and then have to ship him away...

He would definitely be highly sought after by other teams though considering 25% of his $110 million contract would already be paid for.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol That would be a fucking disaster if it comes true. Pay him $27 million and then have to ship him away...

He would definitely be highly sought after by other teams though considering 25% of his $110 million contract would already be paid for.

they think they are very broad chested standing up to a big market but it will end up being a terrible decision on their part and may result in them bankrupting the team.

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOCKEY I NEED YOU!!!!!
Fuck weber! He was going to a great team(us) but now is on a not so great team. Play offs maybe...cup? Hell no!
Bleed orange and black and you will live...bleed any other color = dead. Flyers ftw!!!!