• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Continue to start Maguire

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think FSU needs to start Maguire the rest of the season, even despite the fact that he was not that sharp today against Clemson. The whole reason for starting Everett Golson thus far was because his ceiling was thought to be higher than Sean Maguire and he gave FSU an outside chance at a national title if he played how he did in 2012 with Notre Dame. He never really played poorly this year, but it's pretty clear that he did not have the stuff we needed. Season maguire being a redshirt junior and no shot at getting drafted needs to get all the experience he can the rest of this year so that next season FSU can make a playoff run. That also gives Malik Henry the opportunity to redshirt his freshman year next year and have a Jameis-like year in 2017 ;).

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Deondre Francois will probably start next season.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, they need to start Maguire! Golson just doesn't have the stuff some of us thought he would.

I think Deondre Francois will probably start next season.

I think that depends on how Sean finishes out the year. Now that he has clearly established himself as the better QB (or in this case, Everett blew it), he can assert a bit of a hold on the position. I think his game experience, and being a 5th year senior will win him the job to start, and then depending on how he plays at the start of next season could be replaced.

Either way they are not going to be in a difficult spot and will have lots of options at QB. It also works out that they can then redshirt Malik Henry next season. Then the battle between he and deondre for 2017 will be huge as well.