• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conspiracy Theory CLASSIFIED Commanders vs Chargers

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think how it was back them. Haskins was coming off a rookie year where his coach didnt want him. RR had no idea at the time Haskins was ahead case. So he took the best defensive player on the board. CY was a slam dunk prospect. The injury could set him back a little but still can be a great player.

I meant to say if we wanted a QB it would have been Tua not Herbert. So ies foolish to say what would of been with Herbert.
1.5 sacks in 9 games isnt a great player

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to write off this guy too?
why are you so extreme ? 1.5 sacks isnt great . his injury hadnt happened yet . he has a ways to go just to be good

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you so extreme ? 1.5 sacks isnt great . his injury hadnt happened yet . he has a ways to go just to be good
players have bad years. he is still young and learning. You dont know how his season would of turned out if he didnt get hurt.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players have bad years. he is still young and learning. You dont know how his season would of turned out if he didnt get hurt.
he is a number 2 overall pick , he should be making pro bowls and all pro's

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but im not writing him off after year 2.
show me anywhere where i have said i am writing him off ? i said he is heading to bustdom . why ? not showing up at OTAS (last year he was making commercials ) . not improving his craft or playing his role on defense . his talent is there but is his head ?

i havent written off anyone but dont tell me davis played like a 1st rounder . dont tell me 12 catches makes you a contributor

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me anywhere where i have said i am writing him off ? i said he is heading to bustdom . why ? not showing up at OTAS (last year he was making commercials ) . not improving his craft or playing his role on defense . his talent is there but is his head ?

i havent written off anyone but dont tell me davis played like a 1st rounder . dont tell me 12 catches makes you a contributor

calling the guy heading towards bustdom is a big overreaction right now. I remember RR saying when we were trying to trade for Wilson that Young was off the table.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calling the guy heading towards bustdom is a big overreaction right now. I remember RR saying when we were trying to trade for Wilson that Young was off the table.
he is at this pace , he needs to get 13 sacks minimum this year to start being worth it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is at this pace , he needs to get 13 sacks minimum this year to start being worth it

Its not all about sacks. He is a good run defender that takes on double teams.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not all about sacks. He is a good run defender that takes on double teams.
i addressed that by saying he wasnt playing the defense he was assigned to play he played hero ball

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Young is doing the same crap he did last year if his play on the field fails again this season he is a bust

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase young is not a bust. He is a young player.
jamin davis is not a bust. He is also a young player.
not all first round picks light it up in their first year.

It IS time for the team to collectively take a big step forward though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that Chase read his own press clippings after his first year. It hurt him last year and then he got hurt. I think it is way too early to call him a bust. I have hopes that he turns it around.

Also way too early to call Jammin Davis a bust. It takes some guys a year or two to adjust/learn.

It took a guy named Cousins a couple of years to get there. Ironman was all iron his first year.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really gets to sit, could Howell perform similar to Cousins, that would be my thought

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let’s put it this way , at this point and time CY isn’t a bust . He is entering Yr. 3. And I expect he won’t be close to himself till mid season . Now his last 8-9 games are important because if he doesn’t prove he is a top flight DE like Bosa then you have a problem . Do you give him yr 5 for substandard production ? Because face it his 9 games last year were substandard . Sportster is right about what he said and yes his rookie year showed promise. But a substandard 1st 9 games followed by a substandard last 9 games ( potentially) means I would have to think long and hard about a team option for yr 5

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, i won't sway too much, but, i think I'm starting to wish my team, i mean the skins drafted Justin Herbert over Chase Young. I didn't expect Herbert to be this deadly this soon but......he ain't a winner.
Chargers have a better squad than the skins but still can't even make the playoffs with a Franchise QB.
While Chase Young is getting real old, is it possible he goes Bosa Brother from another mother, and does numbers like his college buddies?
With both the commandalorians and Chargers seeing their division rivals upgrade, who do you think ends the season with a better record?
I wanted Herbert over Young, though RR has already made clear that Herbert was never on the Skins radar even if they had decided not to take Young. That said. While I want to argue against your premise that Herbert isn't a winner..........I really can't.....At least not now...........Because......

There's some merit to your opinion about Herbert not being a winner. Or at the very least, there appears to be some merit there and there's only one way to put the smash on it.

Herbert at this time seems afflicted with the same intangible or lack thereof that I thought afflicted our boy Kirk Cousins. when he was here and seems to have risen its head at times during his stint in Minny. He's not a winner. Now you can look at that "He's not a winner" perspective from a few angles. Enough of that for now though and on to reasons, whether they were Herbert's fault, Herbert's teammates or coaches fault or nobody's fault.

In Herbert's rookie year, which was very impressive from a stats perspective. NFL record setting for a rookie QB impressive. The Chargers also happened to become the first team in NFL history to blow leads of 16 points or more in 4 straight games.

Last year the Chargers started out the year strong and in the AFC West driver's seat. After 5 games they were 4-1 with 2 wins coming against division rivals, KC and the Vegas Raiders. Putting them 2 games up on the division favorite, KC who was 2-3 and a game up on the surprising Broncos n Raiders who were both 3-2. From there though the Chargers just fizzled out. Going 5-7 in their remaining 12 games including 1-3 in their 4 remaining division games.

Winners don't blow 16 point leads in 4 straight games. Nor do they go 5-7 the rest of the season after putting themselves in the driver's seat after 5 games to start the year. At least not very often and lets face it. Its simply not a good look if these things occur in a QB's first 2 seasons. So despite the very impressive 2 year start of his career from a stats perspective, arguably the best 2 year start ever for a NFL QB, though I'm just guessing here.

Herbert's W/L record stands at a not so impressive 15-17 no postseason appearance as of yet. And considering how its went down. Its not unfair, at least imo, for anyone to say Herbert is not a winner. I'm pretty sure that will change. Time will tell.

Far as the other questions. Yes, I'd agree the Chargers have a better squad than the Skins.

Its possible Chase has a big year. What classifies a big year though.

In his 5 year pro career Joey Bosa has 58 sacks. His season high for sacks is 12.5 sacks and he'd had 2 seasons cut short by injury. starting 7 games and playing 6 full games in 1 season and playing in 12 ghames starting 10 in another season.

In his 3 year career Nick Bosa has 24.5 sacks. 9 sacks his rookie season, only playing 2 games due to injury his 2nd year and coming up with 15.5 sacks in 3rd year.

The biggest thing about the Bosa bros though might be the pressures they put on QBs. I only have stats on QBPs for the last 3 seasons and they go as follows. N Bosa 25 QBPs in 19, 1 QBP in 20 (injury year) 32 QBPs in 21. For J Bosa 31 QBPs in 19, 27 QBPs in 20 and 20 QBPs in 21.

The brothers are also both good against the run.

From what i've seen and I'm not trying to be a hater (I don't think) The brothers are both better than Chase in all aspects of what a DE has to do. Maybe I'm thinking 2nd year Chase and not rookie year Chase. As rookie year Chase looked to have the potential to be as good as anyone in the game at times. 2nd year Chase just looked blah, predictable. So I'm gonna say, yeah, it's possible, but we'll see.

Chargers end the season with a better record.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Herbert over Young, though RR has already made clear that Herbert was never on the Skins radar even if they had decided not to take Young. That said. While I want to argue against your premise that Herbert isn't a winner..........I really can't.....At least not now...........Because......

There's some merit to your opinion about Herbert not being a winner. Or at the very least, there appears to be some merit there and there's only one way to put the smash on it.

Herbert at this time seems afflicted with the same intangible or lack thereof that I thought afflicted our boy Kirk Cousins. when he was here and seems to have risen its head at times during his stint in Minny. He's not a winner. Now you can look at that "He's not a winner" perspective from a few angles. Enough of that for now though and on to reasons, whether they were Herbert's fault, Herbert's teammates or coaches fault or nobody's fault.

In Herbert's rookie year, which was very impressive from a stats perspective. NFL record setting for a rookie QB impressive. The Chargers also happened to become the first team in NFL history to blow leads of 16 points or more in 4 straight games.

Last year the Chargers started out the year strong and in the AFC West driver's seat. After 5 games they were 4-1 with 2 wins coming against division rivals, KC and the Vegas Raiders. Putting them 2 games up on the division favorite, KC who was 2-3 and a game up on the surprising Broncos n Raiders who were both 3-2. From there though the Chargers just fizzled out. Going 5-7 in their remaining 12 games including 1-3 in their 4 remaining division games.

Winners don't blow 16 point leads in 4 straight games. Nor do they go 5-7 the rest of the season after putting themselves in the driver's seat after 5 games to start the year. At least not very often and lets face it. Its simply not a good look if these things occur in a QB's first 2 seasons. So despite the very impressive 2 year start of his career from a stats perspective, arguably the best 2 year start ever for a NFL QB, though I'm just guessing here.

Herbert's W/L record stands at a not so impressive 15-17 no postseason appearance as of yet. And considering how its went down. Its not unfair, at least imo, for anyone to say Herbert is not a winner. I'm pretty sure that will change. Time will tell.

Far as the other questions. Yes, I'd agree the Chargers have a better squad than the Skins.

Its possible Chase has a big year. What classifies a big year though.

In his 5 year pro career Joey Bosa has 58 sacks. His season high for sacks is 12.5 sacks and he'd had 2 seasons cut short by injury. starting 7 games and playing 6 full games in 1 season and playing in 12 ghames starting 10 in another season.

In his 3 year career Nick Bosa has 24.5 sacks. 9 sacks his rookie season, only playing 2 games due to injury his 2nd year and coming up with 15.5 sacks in 3rd year.

The biggest thing about the Bosa bros though might be the pressures they put on QBs. I only have stats on QBPs for the last 3 seasons and they go as follows. N Bosa 25 QBPs in 19, 1 QBP in 20 (injury year) 32 QBPs in 21. For J Bosa 31 QBPs in 19, 27 QBPs in 20 and 20 QBPs in 21.

The brothers are also both good against the run.

From what i've seen and I'm not trying to be a hater (I don't think) The brothers are both better than Chase in all aspects of what a DE has to do. Maybe I'm thinking 2nd year Chase and not rookie year Chase. As rookie year Chase looked to have the potential to be as good as anyone in the game at times. 2nd year Chase just looked blah, predictable. So I'm gonna say, yeah, it's possible, but we'll see.

Chargers end the season with a better record.

Now this is what I call a professional response. No shots at anyone else, but the "not a winner " label was not a shot at Herbert. He is amazing, and this is undeniable. But the record, and stats showing blown leads support, the terminology. Very thorough stats, i may even have to look at Cousins again, and perhaps agree, while he took the brunt of the failures here, he isn't completely responsible, its unfair, just like to put all failure on Herbert.

I totally agree the Bosas are outplaying Young, i feel like 15 sacks would be an above average season. Thats just IMO.
I don't think 10 is impressive anymore, and thats crazy to say since only a defender can tell you how hard it can be to get 1 per game.

I could see a scenario where the Chargers and Skins finish with same record again. Good stuff Breed