• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Consecutive Season Opener Wins Standings

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
openers.JPG

Wisconsin and LSU both on this list. One of y'all is back to square one this weekend!!

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's more of a stat to show who has strung together the most consecutive doormats for season openers.

Just read the article. Looks like Nebrasky threw in some decent competition in the streak. Kudos

Last edited by a moderator:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Florida fan, I wouldn't be too proud of this statistic, since the Gators haven't left the state for an OOC game in well over 20 years, and usually open up with FCS teams, low end FBS schools, and almost never travel to begin the year. They have elevated cowardly scheduling to an art! Nebraska is much more legit.

I will say this about the Huskers also, they have as dedicated a fan base as in all college football.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1986 Florida State
1987 Utah State
1988 Texas A&M
1989 Northern Illinois
1990 Baylor
1991 Utah State
1992 Utah
1993 North Texas
1994 West Virginia
1995 Oklahoma State
1996 Michigan State
1997 Akron
1998 LA Tech
1999 Iowa
2000 San Jose State
2001 TCU
2002 Arizona State
2003 Oklahoma State
2004 Western Illinois He who shall not be named was coach
2005 Maine He who shall not be named was coach
2006 La Tech He who shall not be named was coach
2007 Nevada He who shall not be named was coach
2008 Western Michigan
2009 Florida Atlantic
2010 Western Kentucky
2011 Chattanooga
2012 Southern Mississippi
2013 Wyoming

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZou11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC's is pretty impressive. Their streak includes Auburn (x2), Virginia Tech, @ Arkansas, Penn St, @ Virginia, and Purdue (with Drew Brees).

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Florida fan, I wouldn't be too proud of this statistic, since the Gators haven't left the state for an OOC game in well over 20 years, and usually open up with FCS teams, low end FBS schools, and almost never travel to begin the year. They have elevated cowardly scheduling to an art! Nebraska is much more legit.

I will say this about the Huskers also, they have as dedicated a fan base as in all college football.

Peanut gallery chimes in again!
UF's SOS over past 18 years (that's how long BSU has been pretending to be FBS) is in the top 10! BSU is above 90! THAT'S the definition of cowardly scheduling.

Don't believe me -- look in your dictionary under cowardly and you'll find Boise State's Football Schedule.
nod.gif
Come back when BSU's SOS cracks the top 25 for even ONE season.
lol2.gif

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's more of a stat to show who has strung together the most consecutive doormats for season openers.

Just read the article. Looks like Nebrasky threw in some decent competition in the streak. Kudos

LSU has as well

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really an important stat considering the majority of competition were doormats. The ACC screwed up the BEST first weekend game of all time. FSU and Miami. :gaah:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season opening win streak for South Carolina ends today!

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bwahaha, a Boiseian talking about a school playing weak teams. Hello pot!

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU has as well

:nod:

LSU has been the SEC’s standard bearer in the past decade when it comes to these marquee nonconference openers. LSU's aforementioned 45 straight nonconference wins in the regular season is the nation’s longest streak. That includes wins in 11 straight openers, against such opponents as TCU, Oregon, North Carolina, Washington, Oregon State and Arizona State. LSU beating Wisconsin would be another feather in the SEC’s cap, solidifying its status as the nation’s best conference.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UF's SOS over past 18 years (that's how long BSU has been pretending to be FBS) is in the top 10! BSU is above 90! THAT'S the definition of cowardly scheduling.

Don't believe me -- look in your dictionary under cowardly and you'll find Boise State's Football Schedule.
nod.gif
lol2.gif

What Gator said. And oh yeah, show us your crystal footballs and/or rings BSU........:whistle:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia drops out.

South Carolina drops out.

Nebraska extends to 29 with a mighty win over the FAU Owls who are coached by a Partridge.

Alabama, Ohio State, and Missouri extend.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nod.gif
lol2.gif

I don't dispute your point, UF plays a lot of tough schools. But Florida only has control over 3 games. They can't help their conference, indeed, it makes the university shiploads of money. Their budget is 4 times bigger than my school's. The FSU game is set in stone. That leaves 3 games. With the rare exception of a Miami or one of the top FBS schools in the state, the Gators CHOOSE, key word here, to fill up the rest with patsies, almost always in Gainesville. They play FCS teams and really bad FBS teams, year after year.

Those numbers can't be argued. It's in black and white. Look it up.

Boise State plays in a different conference. They can't help that, and if you haven't noticed they are doing everything they can to find a better fit. It isn't like they can pick up the phone and join the SEC. They have a smaller market, smaller budget and use 2 and 3 star recruits to get 4 and 5 star results. And their scheduling practices put you guys to shame. They have voluntarily gone on the road each and every year to play a name team, usually in their house or in a "neutral" site that favors the opponent.

When they play teams from other non top 5 conferences, they do it fairly, as a home and home deal. You Gators don't travel, you Gators don't do home and homes with those sad sacks you sign up either. Hell, go to Idaho if you want to play them so bad.

Like I said, no one can control the conference schedules or those long standing rivalry games. And you bet, I won't begrudge an occasional cupcake game. But not three of them.

Besides, Boise would LOVE to play you guys, but they ain't stupid, like Idaho is. They want more than a paycheck, they want a legitimate shot. And they'd prefer having a return trip to the Blue. Why not, Gators? After all, every thing is in Florida colors up here. Hell, we'd let you guys wear the blue jerseys if you want. But we all know that won't happen. Not enough money and a damn good chance that you'd lose. So go ahead, pound your chest about decisions that others make for you. In the decisions that your school actually controls, I'll say it again, mostly cowardly and greedy.

Like I said, cancel the Idaho game, and come on up to our fair state and play a team that won't just lay on their backs for you. And the weather will be much nicer. Come late in the year, and we'll try for some snow, you know the way the game is supposed to be played.:suds:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dispute your point, UF plays a lot of tough schools. But Florida only has control over 3 games. They can't help their conference, indeed, it makes the university shiploads of money. Their budget is 4 times bigger than my school's. The FSU game is set in stone. That leaves 3 games. With the rare exception of a Miami or one of the top FBS schools in the state, the Gators CHOOSE, key word here, to fill up the rest with patsies, almost always in Gainesville. They play FCS teams and really bad FBS teams, year after year.

Those numbers can't be argued. It's in black and white. Look it up.

Boise State plays in a different conference. They can't help that, and if you haven't noticed they are doing everything they can to find a better fit. It isn't like they can pick up the phone and join the SEC. They have a smaller market, smaller budget and use 2 and 3 star recruits to get 4 and 5 star results. And their scheduling practices put you guys to shame. They have voluntarily gone on the road each and every year to play a name team, usually in their house or in a "neutral" site that favors the opponent.

When they play teams from other non top 5 conferences, they do it fairly, as a home and home deal. You Gators don't travel, you Gators don't do home and homes with those sad sacks you sign up either. Hell, go to Idaho if you want to play them so bad.

Like I said, no one can control the conference schedules or those long standing rivalry games. And you bet, I won't begrudge an occasional cupcake game. But not three of them.

Besides, Boise would LOVE to play you guys, but they ain't stupid, like Idaho is. They want more than a paycheck, they want a legitimate shot. And they'd prefer having a return trip to the Blue. Why not, Gators? After all, every thing is in Florida colors up here. Hell, we'd let you guys wear the blue jerseys if you want. But we all know that won't happen. Not enough money and a damn good chance that you'd lose. So go ahead, pound your chest about decisions that others make for you. In the decisions that your school actually controls, I'll say it again, mostly cowardly and greedy.

Like I said, cancel the Idaho game, and come on up to our fair state and play a team that won't just lay on their backs for you. And the weather will be much nicer. Come late in the year, and we'll try for some snow, you know the way the game is supposed to be played.:suds:

blahblahblah.gif

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Bamabear. I keep forgetting that using more than a couple of sentences tends to lose you. I'll try to keep it under three lines. A mind's a terrible thing to waste, but in your case, we'll make an exception. :nod: