• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congratulations.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you all, but congratulations. You outplayed us this series and the better team moved on.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks vadered.... you've got a hell of a lot of upside on that team.... lots of under 25 promising players, you're corps going forward should be impressive for a good while.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the team you root for, but like you. Looking forward to next years GNTs

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes congrats Devs. Completely surprised me, I had the series going the complete opposite way. You guys got a real shot at getting to the SC. Especially with the Rags and Caps probably both being exhausted by the time they play you guys.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Vands, of course I am happy to see philly lose but in all good spirits. Philly put up a better physical fight in gm 5 but one REAL unlucky break on that Clarkson goal ruined it IMO.

I honestly have no idea how this series happend, if you(and I did) judge by performance in the first round, obviously the results should've gone the other way but fuck, our Devils really shocked us and froze the Flyers all series. No one saw this coming...

Good luck next year.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to say Congratulations. Don't know if I am the kiss of death, but I am now cheering for the Devils to win it all. Good luck and enjoy!

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 class acts there guys... even for Flyers fans. LOL

I think we all hate the Rags, so whether it was Philly or NJ advancing, I'd pull for anybody but the NYR.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 class acts there guys... even for Flyers fans. LOL

I think we all hate the Rags, so whether it was Philly or NJ advancing, I'd pull for anybody but the NYR.

+1. Even with the rivalry, I have never hated the devils. Even as a Flyer fan, I alway liked stevens and Daneyko. Those were 2 old school guys. I really hate the Rags and hope you all kill them if they get past the Caps.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to say Congratulations. Don't know if I am the kiss of death, but I am now cheering for the Devils to win it all. Good luck and enjoy!

Whoa. WHOA.

WHOA.

Let's not get crazy here.

On the other hand, let's. Post 3000.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. WHOA.

WHOA.

Let's not get crazy here.

On the other hand, let's. Post 3000.

I like hockey and the Devils are the lesser (evil) of the remaining teams. I really don't want LA. Phoenix would hurt as we took their "best" player. The rags are obvious and I don't want the Caps. I could not take hearing that you don't need a #1 goalie to win. I have nothing against the devils (unless it affects us!).

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Devils fans, it didn't work out all the way, but you had a hell of a run. I know it's not quite the congrats you might have been hoping for, but making the finals is a great accomplishment. It's not really something you can expect to do five times in twenty yea - <checks history>

Okay, fuck you all.

(Seriously though, a great run, guys).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Devils fans, it didn't work out all the way, but you had a hell of a run. I know it's not quite the congrats you might have been hoping for, but making the finals is a great accomplishment. It's not really something you can expect to do five times in twenty yea - <checks history>

Okay, fuck you all.

(Seriously though, a great run, guys).

thanks vadered on the bright side fucking the rangers and killing the ghosts of 94 is a memory i will always cherish

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Stanley Cup was against the Rangers... I think we all knew that deep down.

Beating LA Kings wouldn't have the same effect than beating the Rangers. Although would luv to bring home the cup.... darn it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah started the series with a serious ranger cup hangover.

shame though once we got our game going we got back into the series. only wish we didnt have the hangover and kovalchuk was healthy

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think we had any hangover. The kings were the better team and Quick was a hot goalie. I'm not gonna take games 1 and 2 from them. They won those games with us playing well, not bad. I actually wonder how good the team would have been if Sutter would had been the coach all year.

We all know I'm the biggest Kovy hater here, but his injury didn't hurt us much, neither did his lack of hustle (....), the Kings were just that good of a team. Saying otherwise is to downplay their playoff run. They didn't get through the West on luck, and we didn't lose because we were hungover. After game 3 they started cooling off and the games were still close, the refs helped them (ALOT) in 3 and 6, but don't discredit the work the team did. The refs helped the Rangers the entire series as did the Flyers, we beat them because they weren't as good/deep as the Kings. I'm fine with the loss, just not how we loss.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that was my 3,000th post......guess I made it a good one!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Tilo.... to say that not haveing Kovy 100% didnt hurt us? His lack of hustle didnt really hurt us? Are you kidding me? You mean all the bad passes that got intercepted, the lack of shots when he normally would shoot (even on the PP) his slowness in not being able to keep the puck in the zone (many times due to lack of hustle) that REALLY didnt hurt us...??? How can you make a statement like that. The Speedy Kovy of regular season who could lazer the puck into the net and make great passes on the PP and move the puck great was GREATLY needed this series... and it wasnt there the whole time... with the exception of game 1 (our worse effort in my opinion and we still took them to OT) he would of really been an asset instead of a hinderance... I just dont know how you can say it really didnt matter and it didnt hurt us. Thats like saying our star wide receiver didnt playing the superbowl even though he has the most touchdown and yards a game this season, but it didnt hurt us because we have other receivers...

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it didn't hurt us because we had others, I said it because the Kings were that good/hot in the playoffs. I could jump on him since I hate him but sniping wasn't beating quick, the dirty goals were. If Quick was giving up snipes I would say the lack of a healthy Kovy hurt, but I don't think it would have made a big difference