• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats Nikola Jokic

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many in this thread truly think had Murray & MPJ been healthy this season the Nuggets would have only gotten a 6 seed?
Are they better than Memphis Suns or Warriors? I don’t think so. MPJ is incredibly overrated and he’s always going to be hurt. That’s why he slid to Denver. They gambled. They’ve had mixed results. So best case scenario they’re a 4. I’m not convinced they’re better than the Mavs either with that group.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a lesser schedule.
Nuggets vs .500 or better 20-23
Sixers vs . 500 or better 26-22

Sixers tied for 2Nd best record in the deeper East while Denver was the 6 seed in the top heavy West.

West had 4 teams with a better record or better than the 3 teams at #2 in the East.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they better than Memphis Suns or Warriors? I don’t think so. MPJ is incredibly overrated and he’s always going to be hurt. That’s why he slid to Denver. They gambled. They’ve had mixed results. So best case scenario they’re a 4. I’m not convinced they’re better than the Mavs either with that group.

You don't think having those 2 players back gives them 5 more wins lol?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West had 4 teams with a better record or better than the 3 teams at #2 in the East.
And that’s why I referred to it as the top heavy West.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you've also convinced yourself that Jokic is fat & sloppy & the only stat that matters is points per game. And that's being a biased homer.

I'm actually surprised Jokic repeated as MVP. I thought Embiid leading the league in scoring would have been enough for him to win. But I have to wonder if him crying to the media that nobody likes him changed the opinions of some voters.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think having those 2 players back gives them 5 more wins lol?
I don’t think that makes them better than the Mavs Suns Warriors or Grizzlies. Jokic didn’t have to play a regular season game with pressure all season. They were counted out and not supposed to do anything. They went like 3-1 vs the Warriors and in all 3 wins caught them without Draymond. It’s a different story when you’re a name team or you rank highly in the standings. Add Murray and MPJ and Denver is still not a good defensive team and Jokic is still getting hunted in a playoff series.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you've also convinced yourself that Jokic is fat & sloppy & the only stat that matters is points per game. And that's being a biased homer.

I'm actually surprised Jokic repeated as MVP. I thought Embiid leading the league in scoring would have been enough for him to win. But I have to wonder if him crying to the media that nobody likes him changed the opinions of some voters.
He lost because NBA media is a joke that doesn’t watch games. Everything I said for months was shown in his playoff series. He is a liability defensively. He can’t move. He’s slow AF. He got hunted and he got cooked in two straight playoff series. I don’t know what to tell you dude. I was right and if you watched that Warriors Denver series and you had any integrity you’d be saying you know what Fightin funbags you were completely right on this guy being a fraction of what Embiid is defensively and he’s a liability for his team at the defensive end. You’d be saying that if you had integrity. But it bothers you that I know what I’m talking about and called that shot a month before it actually played out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always a player that puts up extra empty stats when the other players on his team are too weak to do it themselves. There's nothing valuable about putting up stats on a team that has no shot to win in the playoffs.
empty stats that lead to 48 wins and the 6th seed without the 2nd and 3rd best players?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, regular season award. Second of all, proof positive that Embiid had more help, right?
No. Embiid's team lost every playoff game without him.

A team of 4 shopsons and one eaglesnut would mean I automatically get the MVP just because you suck so much?? That doesn't make any sense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
empty stats that lead to 48 wins and the 6th seed without the 2nd and 3rd best players?
Just like Michael Carter Williams. ROY!!! Wow I can't wait for his tremendous career! He did so much while there was no one else out there to do anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that, especially about MPJ, but Murray would have been a huge help.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put their stats up next to each other and it is damn near impossible to vote for the center who shoots under 50% and gets 4 assists per game and the center who shoots 58% and gets 8 assists per game.

That is just reality.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Michael Carter Williams. ROY!!! Wow I can't wait for his tremendous career! He did so much while there was no one else out there to do anything.
Cannot say I know what MCW did as a rookie and who he beat out.

But, to me, empty stats is more like when you do things that don't really even help your team win games....like maybe you score a bunch of points, but do so taking a bunch of shots and only making, say, 40-42% of them?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I know what MCW did as a rookie and who he beat out.

But, to me, empty stats is more like when you do things that don't really even help your team win games....like maybe you score a bunch of points, but do so taking a bunch of shots and only making, say, 40-42% of them?
It doesn't matter. He didn't get the stats again because they were fucking empty. It was the situation around him, not him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter. He didn't get the stats again because they were fucking empty. It was the situation around him, not him.
If his stats help his team win games how were they empty? Plenty of teams with PGs who are not very good but the center is not a 500+ assists guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)He lost because NBA media is a joke that doesn’t watch games. (2)Everything I said for months was shown in his playoff series. He is a liability defensively. He can’t move. He’s slow AF. He got hunted and he got cooked in two straight playoff series. (3)I don’t know what to tell you dude. I was right and if you watched that Warriors Denver series and you had any integrity you’d be saying you know (4)what Fightin funbags you were completely right on this guy being a fraction of what Embiid is defensively and he’s a liability for his team at the defensive end. You’d be saying that if you had integrity. (5)But it bothers you that I know what I’m talking about and called that shot a month before it actually played out.

1- still being a homer I see. You refuse acknowledge he did something this season that no player in league history has done.

2- here are his numbers from that playoff series. 31.0 ppg, 13.2 rebs, 5.8 asts, 1.6 stls, 1.0 blk on .575 shooting. It seems you think the Nuggets missing their 2nd & 3rd best player meant nothing

3- see # 1

4- referring to yourself in the 3rd person is always a very bad look (and not once have I ever said Jokic is the defensive player Embiid is, you gotta stop that incorrect nonsense)

5- how am I bothered at all? If anyone says something you don't like all you got left is say is someone's bothered. That's weak stuff right there. I think your seasons long Embiid ass-kissing is hilarious. The only other person that homers like you in the NBA threads is wiggy. Don't be like him.

You've gone the complete homer route this season. You gotta issue with me because I don't agree with the homeristic stuff you've been spewing.

Jokic had the better all around season. The numbers back it up. And that burns you up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put their stats up next to each other and it is damn near impossible to vote for the center who shoots under 50% and gets 4 assists per game and the center who shoots 58% and gets 8 assists per game.

That is just reality.
Exactly. The people who vote on these awards don’t watch games. They just read box scores and formulas. Both guys are elite offensive players in different ways. The vast discrepancy comes on the defensive end. NBA media types don’t value the defensive end when it comes to this award. That’s why we now live in a world where Joker has two times as many MVPs as Shaq Kobe and KD. They’ve made a farce of this stuff. All you need to do is see that 3 out of every 4 players and former players who have commented on this say Embiid is their MVP.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his stats help his team win games how were they empty? Plenty of teams with PGs who are not very good but the center is not a 500+ assists guy.
Yes, the stat dildos loved MCW's rebounding lol.

OMG a point GUARD getting dem boards sheiiiit my homey so nice

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think that makes them better than the Mavs Suns Warriors or Grizzlies. Jokic didn’t have to play a regular season game with pressure all season. They were counted out and not supposed to do anything. They went like 3-1 vs the Warriors and in all 3 wins caught them without Draymond. It’s a different story when you’re a name team or you rank highly in the standings. Add Murray and MPJ and Denver is still not a good defensive team and Jokic is still getting hunted in a playoff series.

5 more wins puts them even with the Warriors, unless one or more of those wins was vs the Warriors (then they would be ahead of them).

All your dodging doesn't change that. This team had essentially the same record as the Sixers all year long. If the pressure was greater on Philly, it was because of their past failings in the postseason. Embiid has a part in that as well.

Jokic may get hunted defensively, but they score more with Murray playing especially to counter that. Regardless, playoff series don't matter; MVP IS A REGULAR SEASON AWARD.