• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats from a Sharks fan

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never posted on another teams board until now, but I just wanted to say...

That was one of the craziest stanley cup runs ever!

The most heart and will that you will ever see in a team.

And they completely deserved to be holding that cup up tonight

Enjoy the Euphoria

I can only hope my Sharks will someday make it to.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys were remarkable for sure! Hope your team never wins:lol:

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bdave. Your guys gave the Kings all they could handle for sure. I was more worried about that series than the series against the Ducks and that was before the first round even started. It got worse after those first 3 games.

Ox

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Kings fans. A lot of heart on that team.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks raptor. Yeah Philly West did better than LA East for sure this season.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 on FS-Prime ticket - Kings vs Sharks

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, now they are showing the Kings vs Stars 2007 - they are getting their asses handed to them.

Is this the game they came back from 5-0 ????

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It only got to 4-0 then the Kings tied it and even went ahead 5-4 but Modano tied it up late and it went to overtime where Kopitar won it with a nice move and put it "tweeners" on Turco. Really interesting watching who was on that Kings team. Names like Nagy, Thornton, Handzus, Moulson, Stuart, and of course Cammalleri, Blake, Armstrong, Frolov. The goalies were even more interesting. LaBarbera and Aubin. It was an exciting comeback win but that was the season the Kings ended up with the 2nd overall pick and got Doughty.

Ox

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an exciting comeback win but that was the season the Kings ended up with the 2nd overall pick and got Doughty.

Ox

Yup - the Lightning and the Kings both finished with a league-worst 71 points but the Kings won against SJ in the second to last game of the season. The Lightning lost their last 4, including a questionable 4-1 loss to Atlanta - yes THAT Atlanta that absolutely sucked and continued to be so dysfunctional in Winnipeg now - so they ended up with one less win, securing the 1st overall and taking Stamkos.

Some people say they threw that game against the Thrashers to make sure they got the 1st overall pick because both the Kings played the Ducks (lost 4-3) and the Bolts played the Thrashers at 1pm PST but the Kings game was close where as their game was not. I would like to believe that is not the case, I can't see a professional athlete with any type of pride throwing the game. I get pissed losing playing in my beer leagues, I can only imagine how these guys feel after a loss.

I don't think it would have mattered if the Kings had the 1st overall pick, Dumbo was going to take Doughty regardless because his plan was build from the net out so Stamkos would have ended up a Bolt anyway even if 2nd overall. I also think he had the plan in place for LA to become a defensive team and doing so would take away from Stamkos' natural talents so I don't think he was the pick for LA even though Dumbo said "yeah, he's a possibility" when asked about who he would take leading up to the draft.

Looking back since that draft, it was the right call because no defender has been drafted who has succeeded more or controls the game more than Doughty.

Last edited by a moderator:

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It only got to 4-0 then the Kings tied it and even went ahead 5-4 but Modano tied it up late and it went to overtime where Kopitar won it with a nice move and put it "tweeners" on Turco. Really interesting watching who was on that Kings team. Names like Nagy, Thornton, Handzus, Moulson, Stuart, and of course Cammalleri, Blake, Armstrong, Frolov. The goalies were even more interesting. LaBarbera and Aubin. It was an exciting comeback win but that was the season the Kings ended up with the 2nd overall pick and got Doughty.

Ox

Yeah that was the season that Deano signed several of those players just to get to the salary cap floor. Nagy had a few decent offensive games, including a hat trick if I recall, but he was injured for most of the season. Zeus was just coming off his ACL injury, and just wasn't up to speed that season. Brad Stuart got traded to the Redwings at the deadline. Blake being the "team player" that he was refused to waive his no-trade clause and stuck around to suck up the rest of his 2yr/$12mil contract. The goaltending that year was a giant mess if I remember correctly. LaBarbara was so horrible to watch, especially on shootouts where he would just back up and then lie down allowing the shooter to just lift the puck simply right over his "defense," how he's still a backup in the league is amazing! I think the Kings set a franchise record that year by playing 7 different goalies that year. But yeah, you can just see the amount of roster turnover (thank god) from that year.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was the season that Deano signed several of those players just to get to the salary cap floor. Nagy had a few decent offensive games, including a hat trick if I recall, but he was injured for most of the season.

Dumbo went on a spending spree that summer, I was in Vegas and kept checking the web on UFA day and saw the Kings signed Preissing, Handzus, Nagy, Stuart and Calder for a combined $18.7 million for 2007-08 alone.

People laughed but didn't quite understand that there would be over payments for UFAs on younger teams whose players were mainly on ELCs or lower second contracts, like the Kings were at the time (Quick for example, had a $770,000 cap hit in 2007-08 with $560,000 as actual salary and a $290,000 bonus cushion).

The cap was designed that way so two Cups and three WCF appearances later for the folks who didn't understand back then...JOKE'S ON YOU!

=)~~

Zeus was just coming off his ACL injury, and just wasn't up to speed that season. Brad Stuart got traded to the Redwings at the deadline.

He looked horrible his first and last year of that 4 year/$16 million deal. Years two and three he was pretty effective, I remember he got a hat trick too (Dallas? Phoenix? One of those two). Dude looked slow as dirt his last year here, I was shocked SJ signed him.

Blake being the "team player" that he was refused to waive his no-trade clause and stuck around to suck up the rest of his 2yr/$12mil contract.

Shocker.

The goaltending that year was a giant mess if I remember correctly. LaBarbara was so horrible to watch, especially on shootouts where he would just back up and then lie down allowing the shooter to just lift the puck simply right over his "defense," how he's still a backup in the league is amazing! I think the Kings set a franchise record that year by playing 7 different goalies that year. But yeah, you can just see the amount of roster turnover (thank god) from that year.

Seven goalies indeed - Bernier, Cloutier, Quick, Aubin, LaBarbera, Ersberg and Taylor.

I also remember Kings fans upset that Ersberg was not given a shot to be a number one. Management was right about him.