• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Confused as hell.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears made 14 cuts today.
Chicago Bears Blog - ESPN Chicago

Fendi Onobun wasn't 1 of them. Had a dropped TD & a penalty vs SD, Had 2 drops & a penalty vs Oak.
How is this guy still on the roster?
Hell, Kellen Davis looked better than this piece of crap.
Is he a coaches work in progress? My only guess. But how can you fix somebody's mind set?
Just Like your thoughts.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears made 14 cuts today.
Chicago Bears Blog - ESPN Chicago

Fendi Onobun wasn't 1 of them. Had a dropped TD & a penalty vs SD, Had 2 drops & a penalty vs Oak.
How is this guy still on the roster?
Hell, Kellen Davis looked better than this piece of crap.
Is he a coaches work in progress? My only guess. But how can you fix somebody's mind set?
Just Like your thoughts.

The Bears still have to drop 1 more than a whole bunch more on Sat. Not to concerned that Fendi will make the 53 roster, I believe there is a trust issue at this point in time.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are things that are in the works. There are players the bears invested in a signing bonus that will probably get a longer look, there are players that might be able to be traded the last week for a draft pick.
This is a courtesy cut for vets that will have a chance to sign elsewhere. I wish Aromashadu would have stuck around though, when Cutler goes down, its nice to have a receiver that can mesh with a backup and Aromashadu did pretty good for special teams in minny.

If Scott is ready week one I think they try to get Webb to the practice squad too.

C

cubzzzfanincali

it's also possible he is being kept for Special Teams, same way Costanzo has survived. I don't know that's why Onobun is still here, but it's a possibility.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scott is ready week one I think they try to get Webb to the practice squad too.

I don't believe Webb is eligible to go onto a practice squad. I think you have 3 years only max you can be on a practice squad and they count regular season play towards the years.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Webb is eligible to go onto a practice squad. I think you have 3 years only max you can be on a practice squad and they count regular season play towards the years.

I believe that is correct as well- his time on the 53 man roster deems him ineligible for the PS.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about keeping all your best reserves at the 1st cut. Often players are released who have no shot at making your roster but who have a chance to hook up with someone else. Also you need some people on the roster who you know won't make the team but who can act as tackling dummies and general cannon fodder. That's how younger healthier players who have an upside survive the cut at this point. Onobun has always been an intriguing project that hasn't come to fruition - at least yet.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about keeping all your best reserves at the 1st cut. Often players are released who have no shot at making your roster but who have a chance to hook up with someone else. Also you need some people on the roster who you know won't make the team but who can act as tackling dummies and general cannon fodder. That's how younger healthier players who have an upside survive the cut at this point. Onobun has always been an intriguing project that hasn't come to fruition - at least yet.

Your quote makes sense. But I can't figure out why he's playing w/ the 1s.
The guy is a physical specimen for a TE. But has head issues, that other teams haven't figured out.
From what I've read , he's a great practice player. Just can't get it done game day. That's his MO.
I hate to see him take reps away, from somebody that can put them to use.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasnt the last guy to 75, blanchard got an injury settlement, cant be resigned by the bears til after week 10.

dont know why you would go with only cutler and mcnown, you would at least think edwards could get to a #2.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasnt the last guy to 75, blanchard got an injury settlement, cant be resigned by the bears til after week 10.

dont know why you would go with only cutler and mcnown, you would at least think edwards could get to a #2.

My best guess is Edwards will be #3. He's got alot of catching up to do. Funny T-man didn't let Palmer throw a pass. Game 4 will be intersting. To see how the 2 QBS picked upped the O. And what T-man wants to see from each.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago Bears welcome TE Fendi Onobun to their practice squad. :yahoo: