• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concerns??

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be really disappointed to see them move Jones back to Safety. They need to let the guy settle in and do one job. From day 1 the coaching staff has asked too much of the guy, IMO. But if the feel they have to I am not too worried about the other outside CB spot. While Lewis has struggled some this camp - which has really surprised me - I think that is in part due to transitioning to slot CB. Lewis was an outside CB at Michigan and mostly played on the outside for the Cowboys last year (unless I'm not remembering this correctly). I think Lewis would be fine if needed to go back there while Woods is out. That said, don't move Jones - I'd rather see Heath at FS and Frazier at SS before they move Jones back.
I was giving you a "like" until the last sentence. As you all know I think a lot more of Jones as a safety than most and still feel all they had to do was put him as a true FS and he'd excel instead of asking him to do something he isn't made for. BUT...I've always felt he'd be a good CB too, so let's move on and keep him in one role. He is off to a great start. Let's build on that instead of going backwards. I worry about trying to fix one problem and causing others. For a game or two I'm fine with whatever they do but long term I think they need a plan and need to stick with it. If an injury to a young player that has never even started a game at the position and hasn't even played it much causes such a problem, it means the roster structure is flawed.

IMO Heath stinks at what he was asked to do in prior years (and could be OK at what he was going to be asked to do this year) and moving him back into that role would likely yield the same results and Frazier is poor in coverage, but sans a roster move I do think the team is going to do just that and start Heath and Frazier. But I don't like it. You can make a case that in week 1 it's the right move against Carolina and their style of offense, but I am not sure I want to see those two as the safeties against the Giants week 2. Short term you just fight through it, but there is still the possibility that Woods isn't ready to start or the team feels he was better in the slot. So I'm worried about what we do all year long if Woods is not our FS due to injury or something else. I am hoping we have a better scenario than Heath at FS and Frazier at SS. Maybe one of the kids steps up in the next week, maybe we make a move or maybe Woods comes back quicker than I am thinking.

Oh and friggin hamstrings:gaah:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will just be another year with weakness at the safety position. Jerry will never value the position. Hope our pass rush makes up for the weakness.
I think we tried to do some things and they just didn't work out and we got caught with pour pants down a little and no real depth. If Woods were to not get hurt and played how most of us expected he would and Heath/Frazier manned the SS spot we would be in the lower half of the league talent-wise, but we'd be OK. Thin but OK. Now we seem to be in a little trouble. I'd like to see us bring in a guy that can start at FS in a pinch and compete for the other spot, but that is cheap enough to play STs and be a backup if need be as well. If we bring in a guy that costs us more then I hope it doesn't roadblock Woods.

I agree with you that we need the pass rush to step up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Frederick situation is very concerning.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the Cowboys like heath so much. Safety position is the weak link of the defense.

Depth on the OL is a major concern to me as well. I do like the receivers,tight end's and running backs more than most. Gallup will prove to be a major steal. Gallup is impressive.

Lastly the defensive ends we got can flat out get after qbs. We are two deep at both LDE and RDE. If Irving comes back there will be qbs getting hit

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to hear that about Fred. Definitely one of my favorites.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does this mean? I've read he's out indefinitely.
@jarntt if you didn't run off our board nurse we'd be more informed.

I’m not sure myself. Read the same thing you did but I’m not familiar with the disease.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Archer , the Dallas writer, was diagnosed with it when he was 18. He describes it on Twitter. That was 30 yrs ago though so I’m sure things are different now.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I means we are fucked...:sad2:
I reading everything I can on it. Nothing sounds promising for at least early to mid 2018 season.

I did read this on National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke

"The recovery period may be as little as a few weeks up to a few years. Some individuals still report ongoing improvement after 2 years"

Regardless I hope he worries more about his health over a game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. When talking about restructuring guys to free up cap space I said Frederick was about the only guy I would restructure and kick money down the road for. Young, top of his game, never injured, reliable, great character, great talent...you never know in life what's around the corner. I hope he is able to beat this and live a normal live.

Now it may seem classless to think about Football right now, but that's what this board is. We better hope Looney steps up for as long as we need him to start or we bring in someone else. Not only did we need Frederick in the middle of the line but we needed him next to Williams to make his job easier too.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
01rIW.gif

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks big time, but his health is most important at this point. Jerry's deal with the devil has come due in spades:L