• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concerns??

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously some injuries need to get healed up. Other than the injuries I think Safety, TE, backup QB are the positions that are a little shaky.

I do like what Woods brings. He provides range on the back end. TE- they are just going to have to play more. Back up QB- hard to judge them because they are also playing with backups.

We have to bring in some safeties this week with the injuries I would think anyway.

Another small concern for me is Jourdan Lewis. AB moving ahead of him on the depth chart didn’t really bother me. They always did that with Scandrick too to keep that chip on his shoulder. From watching him play though so far, there is definitely a reason they moved him ahead. He has not played well this Training Camp.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis needs to beat out brown. Brown will kill us with penalties at crtical moments. Back up o-line help besides looney is a concern.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so concerned with the TE. I think if we cut Rico it ain't no big deal. I have seen enough of the other 3 to be very comfortable if Rico goes. I would also be fine if anyone of the others left and we kept Rico. I am rooting for Rico but keeping 4 here would really hurt us IMO.

What do we do with RB as well. We got Zeke, Smith and Scarborough. Tavon is listed as a RB. That is 4. That seems a ton considering Zeke gets 90% of the running plays and 50% of the passing plays to the RBs. I hope another team comes calling for Bo's services but I just don't see him in our future, much less the other few RB that we currently have. I think Bo has some upside to just about any team. Just not here as he won't get touches unless we let Rico go cause I think he was the short goal line stance TD. I also see Smith as a guy that could get you a tough few up the gut.

And with Heath...we don't need no more safeties. :D

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is. Why do we still have Dez on the banner.

OK, in all seriousness, my concern is depth, especially once they get past a few key #2s.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary depth...OL depth....backup QB....TE

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously some injuries need to get healed up. Other than the injuries I think Safety, TE, backup QB are the positions that are a little shaky.

I do like what Woods brings. He provides range on the back end. TE- they are just going to have to play more. Back up QB- hard to judge them because they are also playing with backups.

We have to bring in some safeties this week with the injuries I would think anyway.

Another small concern for me is Jourdan Lewis. AB moving ahead of him on the depth chart didn’t really bother me. They always did that with Scandrick too to keep that chip on his shoulder. From watching him play though so far, there is definitely a reason they moved him ahead. He has not played well this Training Camp.
Injuries. Those are the biggest concerns right now and are always concern #1, 2 and 3 in the preseason.

I've actually been very happy with the TE play. Ignore the names on the backs and just go by what you are seeing and I think it is hard to criticize. I see pretty good blocking other than a few issues here and there and I see guys that can catch those 5 to 8 yard passes that move the chains and we even seem to be throwing downfield a little to them.

If Woods is out safety went from a question mark to a problem. My concern with signing someone is I don't want to roadblock Woods. So I'd rather figure out who the backup FS is (whether a current Cowboy or FA) and just play him if it's short term. I don't want to overpay for a guy for a week or two nor do I want to see both Heath and Frazier on the field together in passing downs. That was a problem last year almost every play it occurred. Now if the team is talking ET that changes everything as he is such a huge upgrade over what we are playing that you don't worry about anyone else. But I sure as heck don't up my offer for him just because Woods is out for a bit. We will definitely be signing a safety this week, but it could just be a camp body or possibly even two.

AB: Needs to be a lot better if he is going to play. Lewis...yeah, not happy with what we are seeing from him right now or the fact that he isn't playing well enough when we aren't seeing him (practice) to displace Brown. Was one of the guys I loved to build on last year and became a really good player. Obviously he still has it in him. Maybe he is trying to do too much to win the spot from AB. Interesting that to me both of these guys played their best Football on the outside. The team keeps telling us how much better they are as slot guys, but I haven't seen that from either.

Obviously, there are always concerns and there are a ton of good things going on, but since this thread is about the concerns I'll ignore the good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries. Those are the biggest concerns right now and are always concern #1, 2 and 3 in the preseason.

I've actually been very happy with the TE play. Ignore the names on the backs and just go by what you are seeing and I think it is hard to criticize. I see pretty good blocking other than a few issues here and there and I see guys that can catch those 5 to 8 yard passes that move the chains and we even seem to be throwing downfield a little to them.

If Woods is out safety went from a question mark to a problem. My concern with signing someone is I don't want to roadblock Woods. So I'd rather figure out who the backup FS is (whether a current Cowboy or FA) and just play him if it's short term. I don't want to overpay for a guy for a week or two nor do I want to see both Heath and Frazier on the field together in passing downs. That was a problem last year almost every play it occurred. Now if the team is talking ET that changes everything as he is such a huge upgrade over what we are playing that you don't worry about anyone else. But I sure as heck don't up my offer for him just because Woods is out for a bit. We will definitely be signing a safety this week, but it could just be a camp body or possibly even two.

AB: Needs to be a lot better if he is going to play. Lewis...yeah, not happy with what we are seeing from him right now or the fact that he isn't playing well enough when we aren't seeing him (practice) to displace Brown. Was one of the guys I loved to build on last year and became a really good player. Obviously he still has it in him. Maybe he is trying to do too much to win the spot from AB. Interesting that to me both of these guys played their best Football on the outside. The team keeps telling us how much better they are as slot guys, but I haven't seen that from either.

Obviously, there are always concerns and there are a ton of good things going on, but since this thread is about the concerns I'll ignore the good.

I just wonder if Lewis’s size is an issue to Ricard. He always liked the bigger CBs in Seattle. Not that Brown is huge by any means. Maybe it’s a confidence thing. This guy has shown he can play l

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by size I really mean physicality.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder if Lewis’s size is an issue to Ricard. He always liked the bigger CBs in Seattle. Not that Brown is huge by any means. Maybe it’s a confidence thing. This guy has shown he can play l
Maybe, but I always looked at it as you look for certain things when you draft or sign guys, but the guys already on the team you go by how they actually play within your game plan and aren't as concerned with those attributes. Yes, if he wants you to play press coverage and you can't or some other technique or formation issue arises then it becomes a problem and he isn't going to play you. But even though he likes bigger guys if a guy like Lewis is playing well in the defense Richard likes to run he will get his reps.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writter Archer is saying due to injuries they may move jones back to safety. They are not cosidering iloka

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writter Archer is saying due to injuries they may move jones back to safety. They are not cosidering iloka

I would hate that. Arguably the MVP of training camp. Love the 2 big athletic CBs.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate that. Arguably the MVP of training camp. Love the 2 big athletic CBs.
They just signed an undrafted safety for filller like always.:L

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just signed an undrafted safety for filller like always.:L

Dominic Sanders was an excellent college football player. More than likely just a camp body but I was shocked he wasn’t drafted.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised but was thinking they may do that when I first heard week 1 was in question. You don't sign a guy if Woods is only out a couple of weeks unless you have a role for him all year. The problem is then who plays opposite Awuzie? Neither Lewis nor Brown earned a spot. Right now I guess Brown, but that is going to be nerve racking. The other option is start both Frazier and Heath, but that is not the route I would go if I had other options.

We are in need of another safety anyway because as much as we all like Woods he is no guarantee to produce and the other guys should have some competition anyway. So maybe this ends up the impetus to make a move?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be really disappointed to see them move Jones back to Safety. They need to let the guy settle in and do one job. From day 1 the coaching staff has asked too much of the guy, IMO. But if the feel they have to I am not too worried about the other outside CB spot. While Lewis has struggled some this camp - which has really surprised me - I think that is in part due to transitioning to slot CB. Lewis was an outside CB at Michigan and mostly played on the outside for the Cowboys last year (unless I'm not remembering this correctly). I think Lewis would be fine if needed to go back there while Woods is out. That said, don't move Jones - I'd rather see Heath at FS and Frazier at SS before they move Jones back.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be really disappointed to see them move Jones back to Safety. They need to let the guy settle in and do one job. From day 1 the coaching staff has asked too much of the guy, IMO. But if the feel they have to I am not too worried about the other outside CB spot. While Lewis has struggled some this camp - which has really surprised me - I think that is in part due to transitioning to slot CB. Lewis was an outside CB at Michigan and mostly played on the outside for the Cowboys last year (unless I'm not remembering this correctly). I think Lewis would be fine if needed to go back there while Woods is out. That said, don't move Jones - I'd rather see Heath at FS and Frazier at SS before they move Jones back.
If they do move Jones, do it now so this new coach can coach him up. I think Jones has the ability to play the position very well with some proper coaching.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do move Jones, do it now so this new coach can coach him up. I think Jones has the ability to play the position very well with some proper coaching.
Disagree. Jones has had ample time at safety. It does not work. He is not good at safety.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised but was thinking they may do that when I first heard week 1 was in question. You don't sign a guy if Woods is only out a couple of weeks unless you have a role for him all year. The problem is then who plays opposite Awuzie? Neither Lewis nor Brown earned a spot. Right now I guess Brown, but that is going to be nerve racking. The other option is start both Frazier and Heath, but that is not the route I would go if I had other options.

We are in need of another safety anyway because as much as we all like Woods he is no guarantee to produce and the other guys should have some competition anyway. So maybe this ends up the impetus to make a move?

This will just be another year with weakness at the safety position. Jerry will never value the position. Hope our pass rush makes up for the weakness.