• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those days are long gone of "hating" your opponent - particularly from the players position.

I think the only place we can still find that is the Ravens/Steelers If Oakland was worth a damn, maybe the Broncos/Raiders..but with Al gone, the common link of Shanny gone, it's just not there. Still a rivalry, but not the bloodbath that we fans want it to be. Hell not even the Cowboys Eagles is a real slug fest any more

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After another disaster by my Bears, I visited the Bears SportsHoopla board. It is out of control. Everyone wants to blame someone and if you disagree with who is to blame, then you're thrown into the circus. It is classic cannibalism. Not pretty.

Some of the rhetoric is directed at the players for not being more "vocal" or sounding more competitive. (And if any of my Bears brethren are reading this, I may be off base with my presumption which opens myself up for a verbal beat-down.)

Even some of the best "media" guys in the game today, like Peyton, Brees, and Brady, they just aren't going to say something that could lead to "bulletin board material" for the other team. And for the players who are not as eloquent as PB&B, well, the spew line after line from the nearby thesaurus of cliche and political correctness in front of the microphone.

Even after blowing out the Jets, Manning was as gracious as ever. Those days are long gone of "hating" your opponent - particularly from the players position.

They won't throw their teammates under the bus either. Or coaches. Or management. Work harder. Study film. Execute. Blah blah blah.

Forgot where I was going with this? I guess, just to add that if you're looking for solace or wisdom from the players in their post-game press conferences, it ain't happening. At least not intentionally.

Yeah Russell Wilson is going to give you much of the same, but Sherman is more then happy to hate on opponents, and Lynch will just give the finger to the media. Still a lot of colorful players IMO.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Russell Wilson is going to give you much of the same, but Sherman is more then happy to hate on opponents, and Lynch will just give the finger to the media. Still a lot of colorful players IMO.

True. With my apologies to Duff, I think some here in Chicago wish there were more Bears players like Noah:

He's the exception not the rule.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I thought this thread was for completely non-football thoughts!

Oh wait, we're talking about the Bears. :pound::pound::pound:

Sorry, Joe...it was a cheap shot, I know. :sorry:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I thought this thread was for completely non-football thoughts!

Oh wait, we're talking about the Bears. :pound::pound::pound:

Sorry, Joe...it was a cheap shot, I know. :sorry:
ZZuDNXigqNKs69HxaLblSWXile8ofO8VBNPnAadtJsyuajnkwASCjOE2HaCZo58fvpcYOTeSGQDLq3FFSuFntEwGzVfcCI6fgt4=w400-h290-nc

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Chef, if the Bears fail to beat your Vikes Sunday (& I can see that happening) it will just go from bad to worse in the media and on the message boards.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Bears were bad at tackling. Watching the MNF Saints-Ravens game. Forsett is shedding "Who Dat" tacklers left & right.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come to expect no respect from the NFL Network towards the Bills. A sad reality created by nearly two decades of ineptitude. Still, they are a team in the NFL. After just torching the Browns, what are the post game comments? Johnny fucking Manziel. Not the Bills intercepting Hoyer out of the game and forcing Johnny football in. Not a look back of the Bills season, or any mention of Houston and KC losses where the Bills totally dominated both, but came up empty. Literally three plays away from being 9-3. Yes, they are what they are, but I'm sick of them acting like the Bills are 2-10.

Unfortunately, we go @Den, GB, @Oak, and @NE to finish out. So I don't expect change.

#frustrated wagon circler.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give your Bills props, TKO. They made my Brownies look putrid yesterday. Hell of a DEF you guys had yesterday. And the JFF fumble for a TD that was overturned, the refs made the wrong call. Should have been a TD.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pk Subban had a nice tackle during the Blackhawks game. Can he play for the Bears?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

So, was thinking of the movie Back to the Future. In BTF2, the Cubs won the world series in 2015. As a non-baseball fan, is there even a remote possibility that this has steam with all of the changes going on?

Looks like I wasn't the only one to have this thought...

Washington Post
Yahoo Sports

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kate Upton is truly a bad actress. I mean, of epic proportions.

I wonder what it is that everyone sees in her...:rollseyes:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Cubs beat "Miami", who was Florida at the time of the movie. That's probably the crazier part!

We better start looking for hover boards.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad that SF has given Gore 20+ rushes three times this year, including tonight....THREE! What the he'll were they thinking all year?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad that SF has given Gore 20+ rushes three times this year, including tonight....THREE! What the he'll were they thinking all year?

I didn't see the game, but it looks like Kaepernick finally did what he should've been doing all year, is this correct?

If so, no flies on him! ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Joe! Just saw this. Brilliant idea!

I know people get attached to their mascots, but I have been through this before. Growing up as a Bullets fan and also working at a High School who had their mascot changed from the "Red Devils" to the "Mavericks" has given me some perspective here.

People will always resist change on something like this for the sake of resisting it, but the bottom line is that once the Redskins do change their name (it will happen someday), everyone will get over it pretty quickly.

Snyder is fighting this so hard because it is about the only thing he has done that is generally admired by the fan-base. Ironically, despite the support, I think it is difficult to argue that he is on the right side of this one either. I say get it over with already.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting is overrated anyway.

kate-upton.jpg