• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Complete List of Rule changes Approved By the Comp Committee

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain 19 to me please?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a chop block and why is the NFL considering eliminating it?

Excerpt

A Chop Block is a legal block in the following situations on Running Plays:

(a) Offensive players A1 and A2, who are initially aligned adjacent to each another on the line of scrimmage, may chop a defensive player.

(b) Offensive players A1 and A2, who are initially aligned more than one position away from each other on the line of scrimmage, may chop a defensive player when the flow of the play is toward the block.

(c) A1 is lined up in the backfield at the snap and subsequently chops a defensive player engaged above the waist by A2, and such block occurs outside the area originally occupied by the tight end on either side.

No way that will confuse the refs....

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I think it's stupid. However I understand the thought process. The difference between a QB and the others is it can appear the QB is giving himself up. Thus defenders caught in a catch 22. Especially now with the two PF ejection rule.
Anyone can go to the ground and give themselves up, that's not exclusive to a quarterback.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 is unnecessary. Change for the sake of change. Not a big deal I guess, and I do like being able to return a blocked PAT.

3 and 16 are a bad idea. Just going to cause more confusion, more flags, and more ref involvement in the game.

The rest I don't really take an issue with.

Agree on 16.

They already fuck it up when a guy grabs or doesn't grab a handful of dreds.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can go to the ground and give themselves up, that's not exclusive to a quarterback.
I should've worded it differently. If you look at the play that started this, one might think he was giving himself up? Keeping it within context of that play, no one would think a WR or RB were giving themselves up.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC's proposal is ridiculous....
  • The Kansas City Chiefs are proposing a rule that would prohibit a quarterback from falling to the ground, getting up, then throwing a forward pass. The Seahawks might not like this proposed change.

If a QB is not down by contact and he get's up and makes a play it's exciting and absolutely not an issue... It's not like it happens very often...

Problem with this rule related to the QB vs other position players, is that defensive players are already on eggshells as to what they can or cant or when they can or cant touch a QB.......Now you have to throw in the added dimension of whether that QB is down by contact, is he trying to get up and throw? Did he give himself up or not? Seems there is a lot of room for error/injury if you dont address it

Either way, Peyton Manning doing it in the playoffs is like the only time i saw this as an issue

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And everybody giving themselves up should stay down, not like Peyton Manning and get back up once everybody else stops on the play....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should've worded it differently. If you look at the play that started this, one might think he was giving himself up? Keeping it within context of that play, no one would think a WR or RB were giving themselves up.

They can still touch him though on those plays. As long as they don't just come charging in on those questionable plays and just lay into him. Just tell your guys just always make sure to get a hand on the QB. If it isn't a violent hit my guess is they won't call anything they will just view it as the player having some momentum going towards the QB and just bracing a bit for impact.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everybody giving themselves up should stay down, not like Peyton Manning and get back up once everybody else stops on the play....

Russell Wilson had a similar situation in the playoffs where he fell down got back up and made a big play. It happens sometimes. That is why so many teams are loving Running QB's because they know that a broken play can still turn into something huge for them.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Manning didn't give himself up, and everyone else didn't stop on the play.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Manning didn't give himself up, and everyone else didn't stop on the play.

Dunno..Watching in real Time, I thought the play was dead....But maybe thats cause Im not used to Peyton Manning bouncing back up like that

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson had a similar situation in the playoffs where he fell down got back up and made a big play. It happens sometimes. That is why so many teams are loving Running QB's because they know that a broken play can still turn into something huge for them.

I also recall the Wee Ones effort. I think somebody got a penalty on his trying to trip him up??? Maybe not.

But Peyton really looked like he was down.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very very close, this is Manning "sacking himself" to avoid a hit
scaredmanning.0.gif

And this is Manning stepping up to avoid a sack and falling down
manning2.0.gif

I can see how there's confusion but just teach your players to make sire they get a hand on a guy and not let up until then.

You can tell he wasn't trying to give himself up in the Steelers clip.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very very close, this is Manning "sacking himself" to avoid a hit
View attachment 100544

And this is Manning stepping up to avoid a sack and falling down
View attachment 100545

I can see how there's confusion but just teach your players to make sire they get a hand on a guy and not let up until then.

You can tell he wasn't trying to give himself up in the Steelers clip.
The biggest difference? In the Jets game, the defender hit him and made sure he was down. And look, no penalty!

It's almost like there's already a rule in place that covers the situation.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The horse collar rule is guaranteed to cause a stir next season.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Carolina proposal didn't get passed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The horse collar rule is guaranteed to cause a stir next season.

Y'all can thank Dallas' Ronnie Lott wannabe and overrated safety Roy Williams for that one....

Guy was so slow it was all he could come up with.

Mind you he may have cost Philly a SB when he performed his legendary feat on TO causing a high ankle sprain, which semi hobbled him in the SB.