• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Compare: This is really interesting IMO

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to show you something that happened yesterday- Almost an exact duplicate in stats (and yes I understand that you can bend stats to say anything you want them to say, but when looking at this I was kinda shocked... And the league and national perception of two different players: Especially on this board.

This team has been talked about playoff contenders for this season- They also lost yesterday.

Play calling- They had 53 pass/ 14 run. Vs Bears 49 pass/18 run
They had 70 total plays vs Bears 69
They 408 total yards vs Bears 427
passing 1st downs: They 20 vs Jay 19
passing yards: They 354 vs Jay 349
12 drives for each team
35 completions vs Jay's 34 comp.
Interceptions: Each had 2- Each had the second int. in a KEY drive that could have changed the game.
Touchdowns- Each had 2 passing touchdowns.
They had 27:36 TOP vs Bears 34:42
They were sacked 3 for 18 vs Jay was sacked 2 for 8 yards
They only gave up 103 rushing yards vs Bears 193

They were praised for his guts and great play... Jay has been hammered all day (cause he spoke his mind in an interview?)

Andrew Luck is a great player- A much younger player, I get it. He also had a Rushing TD and a few scramble yards... but his stats are almost exactly the same as Cutler. Luck was playing the Broncos, Jay was playing the Bills... I get it. I'm not knocking Andrew Luck. I'm just pointing out how bias, and jaded some people are towards Jay Cutler. It's sad. Confusing to me.

Jay shouldn't have thrown the second INT... Absolutely stupid throw. He should have known better.
I understand that losing will bring out the blame- That's how it is... (and rightfully so)

Being the first game I'm still impressed about this offense- That they lost two starting Olineman, and a probowl WR for the second half- is even more impressive. (hoping Jeffery will be ok for next week)
It's a very tough schedule for the next 6+ games...I'm not sure what the record will be when we get to the bye week... I'm not sure it will be what we want.

Just wanted to point this out... do with it what you will. Don't agree? That's fine. Want to still bitch and complain about Jay Cutler? Ok that's your right/opinion. Just know that he's here for at least 2 more years. And I can hope that he can put up numbers similar to these throughout the year. Without the stupid interception of course.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh- and the sky is falling in Chicago- in Indy... it was just a tough loss... Perception.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many balls did Luck throw right to defenders? Cutler had 4.
How many balls did Luck throw away? Cutler had zero.

Those were my only complaints about him. And I bet Luck beat Cutler in those areas.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy played Denver.

Chicago played Buffalo.

One of those teams lost to a championship caliber playoff team. HINT: Not Chicago.
It wasn't supposed to be a rout, but the bears played themselves into a struggle and lost. Not a good way to start a season in which this was easily the best matchup in the first 5 games...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many balls did Luck throw right to defenders? Cutler had 4.
How many balls did Luck throw away? Cutler had zero.

Those were my only complaints about him. And I bet Luck beat Cutler in those areas.

Nope- Luck had about the same- Luck had at least 3 that I saw that were dropped or very questionable potential INTs... (I know we, as Bear fans, are close to it, and remember the dropped Ints... and use that as a tool to criticize, sometimes rightfully so- I also know that when watching other games- we are not as close to it- and only remember or focus on the stuff "our guy doesn't do!" I know I did that a lot with Orton- Hated how he played.)

And watch that Bears game again- I know Jay had at least 2 throw aways that I can remember.
he also had, I think 3 or 4, passes where the Defender had P.I. on our WR... we can play the what if game all day- But WHAT IF those were Caught? What if The defender didn't PI and he completed the pass? Does that change the game? Change the opinion of Jay's day?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy played Denver.

Chicago played Buffalo.

One of those teams lost to a championship caliber playoff team. HINT: Not Chicago.
It wasn't supposed to be a rout, but the bears played themselves into a struggle and lost. Not a good way to start a season in which this was easily the best matchup in the first 5 games...

Absolutely- I get that, Chicago SHOULD have won the damn game, No question. If Indy had won their game many would have been surprised.

Would The bears have won the game if they limited the Bills to 103 yards rushing?

Is Indy's Defense better then Chicago's?
Would people be as pissed if the Bears lost to Denver w/this exact Jay game? Would that make it better for in fans eyes for Jay's game?

Guys, I'm just playing devils advocate- I just want to flip the coin a little and SHOW a different perspective. That's all I'm doing... I'm still pissed, I do think Jay could have played better.
I like debate and thinking. I think a message board gets boring when everyone just agrees and says, "God, Jay sucks"- OR Ahh The Defense SUCKED... or the sky is falling.... whatever it may be.
It's one game. The season isn't over.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember that Bears don't call Dallas their home or have Tony Romo as their QB. ALL Bears fans should feel a little better after thinking about that. Plus, The Bills defense isn't the usual shit defense everyone is used to. Bears can play much better and they will.

Aussie77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills defense is quite good actually their front 4 is up there with the best in the league if not at the top of the list. It is for that reason that I didn't feel the need to bag the line I was actually impressed with how it held up given the injuries.

The defense was really disappointing for me I expected better and maybe it will take a couple of weeks but that was a pretty ordinary start especially the LBs I doubt the could have played worse even if they tried to.

Mikefive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another comparison point... Age.

Andrew Luck is 24.
Jay Cutler is 31.

What is the upside for each?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBs are non existent. Briggs needs to sack the fuck up and cut the entitled veteran bullshit and get to fucking work.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to show you something that happened yesterday- Almost an exact duplicate in stats (and yes I understand that you can bend stats to say anything you want them to say, but when looking at this I was kinda shocked... And the league and national perception of two different players: Especially on this board.

This team has been talked about playoff contenders for this season- They also lost yesterday.

Play calling- They had 53 pass/ 14 run. Vs Bears 49 pass/18 run
They had 70 total plays vs Bears 69
They 408 total yards vs Bears 427
passing 1st downs: They 20 vs Jay 19
passing yards: They 354 vs Jay 349
12 drives for each team
35 completions vs Jay's 34 comp.
Interceptions: Each had 2- Each had the second int. in a KEY drive that could have changed the game.
Touchdowns- Each had 2 passing touchdowns.
They had 27:36 TOP vs Bears 34:42
They were sacked 3 for 18 vs Jay was sacked 2 for 8 yards
They only gave up 103 rushing yards vs Bears 193

They were praised for his guts and great play... Jay has been hammered all day (cause he spoke his mind in an interview?)

Andrew Luck is a great player- A much younger player, I get it. He also had a Rushing TD and a few scramble yards... but his stats are almost exactly the same as Cutler. Luck was playing the Broncos, Jay was playing the Bills... I get it. I'm not knocking Andrew Luck. I'm just pointing out how bias, and jaded some people are towards Jay Cutler. It's sad. Confusing to me.

Jay shouldn't have thrown the second INT... Absolutely stupid throw. He should have known better.
I understand that losing will bring out the blame- That's how it is... (and rightfully so)

Being the first game I'm still impressed about this offense- That they lost two starting Olineman, and a probowl WR for the second half- is even more impressive. (hoping Jeffery will be ok for next week)
It's a very tough schedule for the next 6+ games...I'm not sure what the record will be when we get to the bye week... I'm not sure it will be what we want.

Just wanted to point this out... do with it what you will. Don't agree? That's fine. Want to still bitch and complain about Jay Cutler? Ok that's your right/opinion. Just know that he's here for at least 2 more years. And I can hope that he can put up numbers similar to these throughout the year. Without the stupid interception of course.

Luck has Trent Richardson......jay has Forte.
Luck has an old Wayne.............Jay has Marshall.
Luck has Allen........Jay has bennett
Luck has TY..........We got Alshon.

Which players would you rather have?.........See the difference?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood20ks-
The main point I was making with all this was how each player, with almost identical stats, are perceived by either Fans or Media.
I know they are different players with many different team pluses/minuses... Focusing on two losing teams- where the losing QB throws picks in key situations, and still have decent numbers.
One is looked at as "gutsy, tough, competitor" the other is looked at as "weak, stupid, jerk"
That's all I was doing.

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood20ks-
The main point I was making with all this was how each player, with almost identical stats, are perceived by either Fans or Media.
I know they are different players with many different team pluses/minuses... Focusing on two losing teams- where the losing QB throws picks in key situations, and still have decent numbers.
One is looked at as "gutsy, tough, competitor" the other is looked at as "weak, stupid, jerk"
That's all I was doing.

It's because Jay comes off as an ass and the media hates him for it. Luck plays the game with the media Jay doesn't. If Jay threw 6 ints like Payton did a few years ago we all would call for his head. Payton does it it's bc he just had an off day...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is my starting QB in FFL, glad he had such a "bad" day. I'll take his 25pts all day long.

Mikefive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another comparison point... Age.

Andrew Luck is 24.
Jay Cutler is 31.

What is the upside for each?
I really did a poor job of communicating here. The point I was trying to make is that Andrew Luck is still learning the NFL game. So there's reason to believe the he will improve on the mistakes he made as he matures and experiences more. But with Jay Cutler, he has the benefit of 8-9 years of starting NFL experience and continues to make these mistakes. I really don't know why you'd think that Cutler will learn to throw the ball away any more than on the rarest of occasions or be more careful with the football, particularly when the OL isn't playing great.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is my starting QB in FFL, glad he had such a "bad" day. I'll take his 25pts all day long.
I thought you never played FF? We could not get you to join our league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why anyone is upset with Jay. Sure there were some bone headed throws mixed in with a bunch of great ones. Who here was surprised by that. That is his M O. That will never change. Brett Favre is going into the HOF and he always played that way. Cutler is Cutler and were lucky to have him.

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is the type of QB that has all the talent in the world but something is just off inside his head. He can be very successful in the NFL but only if everything is near perfect i.e. Perfect pass protection, big WR's that can cover the errors of poorly thrown balls etc.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more confirmation the hard-on that analysts and the media have for Luck, and also the way they'll leap at any chance to bash Jay.