• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commuter Driving Pet Peeves

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who know a lane is closed or ending and still rides it to the end, backing everyone up. There is an exit only lane I deal with every day and every day there is some jackwad who stops everyone trying to get on I-35 so he can try to jump over and avoid 30 seconds worth of traffic.

I blame the people that let them in. I don't let them merge, although that's during the rare times that I'm not doing it. It saves a ton of time if you do it everyday.

The worst are the ones that ride it till the end then have to wait for someone to sit there and let them in, I normally just cut someone off without slowing traffic much...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys on crotch rockets speeding in and out of lanes to pass everyone.

Too much power for 2 wheels..they really belong on a track imo...when they wreck, it's almost always bad.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything everyone has mentioned use to irritate the crap out of me.

but I decided I wasn't going to drive like that anymore. you know, somebody constantly irritating you,,,, because it always happens. If you want everyone to drive like you do, or want to be the only car on the road, you are shit outta luck.

now, I just go with the flow. leave plenty of distance between me and the next car, don't care if someone moves over in front of me. don't care if traffic is moving to slow. don't care if someone is tailgating I just put more distance between me and the guy in front of me.

Remember that half of everyone on the road is in front of you, and half are in back of you and that will never change no matter how many people pass you or how many people you pass.

It's not a contest.

Since I corrected my frustration, driving doesn't bother me one bit.
I am in the car way to much to be angry and frustrated, and those 2 things I see as the most common denominator for people behind the wheel.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much power for 2 wheels..they really belong on a track imo...when they wreck, it's almost always bad.

For them. Let the ones who are idiots and can't drive weed themselves out. It's not like you're going to get hurt of they cut you off and get drilled.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the people that let them in. I don't let them merge, although that's during the rare times that I'm not doing it. It saves a ton of time if you do it everyday.

The worst are the ones that ride it till the end then have to wait for someone to sit there and let them in, I normally just cut someone off without slowing traffic much...

The big problem with designed bottleneck mergers is they do exactly what they're supposed to do...create bottlenecks. I let them in...call it karma or whatever, but I always seem to get let in too...trying to not let people in just backs it up more I think.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For them. Let the ones who are idiots and can't drive weed themselves out. It's not like you're going to get hurt of they cut you off and get drilled.

That's right...when I see them flying up on me, I don't react...I assume they will react to me. My point is, those things have so much torque (my brother in law is 40+ y/o...pushing 80 mph in 1st gear) that in order to really have fun with it without risking a super speeder tkt is tracking it.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but I decided I wasn't going to drive like that anymore. you know, somebody constantly irritating you,,,, because it always happens. If you want everyone to drive like you do, or want to be the only car on the road, you are shit outta luck.

now, I just go with the flow. leave plenty of distance between me and the next car, don't care if someone moves over in front of me. don't care if traffic is moving to slow. don't care if someone is tailgating I just put more distance between me and the guy in front of me.

Remember that half of everyone on the road is in front of you, and half are in back of you and that will never change no matter how many people pass you or how many people you pass.

It's not a contest.

I am in the car way to much to be angry and frustrated, and those 2 things I see as the most common denominator for people behind the wheel.

I've become much more patient lately, I used to get so pissed off at people but now I just take everything in stride and I do feel much better when I get home.

EXCEPT FOR THAT FUCKIN' OLD LADY THIS MORNING... HATE YOU. Besides that I had a great commute in this morning.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a contest.

I drive more like you now...the texting really bothers me, but the rest I can deal with.

About 8 or 9 yrs ago I got into a road rage situation, basically weaving in front of each and jamming of the brakes...in the middle of it I caught myself and said WTF are you doing? Clearly started by the other dirver, but it took two to tango...since that day...live and let live.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who know a lane is closed or ending and still rides it to the end, backing everyone up. There is an exit only lane I deal with every day and every day there is some jackwad who stops everyone trying to get on I-35 so he can try to jump over and avoid 30 seconds worth of traffic.
This ^^^ I see these assholes every time I switch between I-30 and I-35 :mad2: They know the exit is coming. They know they need to get over. Nothing makes me road rage worse than this. Kind of like when I'm coming up on construction or an accident and a lane is closed. As soon as I figure this out I move over to the open lane and for like a mile or so I see car after car speed by me all the way to the bottle neck. People like this are why I DON'T own guns.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a rule. I'm polite enough to allow just one car cut in front of me in those situations. BUT JUST ONE!!! The rest of them are fucked.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Half of my commute is a suburban arterial road. People that try and cut across 4 lanes for an intersection at the very last second kill me. They know that exit has been coming up for miles. I've seen three wrecks in the same location, and many more across the entire commute this year of people failing at this maneuver.

The other half is rural highway with several turns, hills, left turning cars, trucks, farm equipment, etc. I can't well tolerate people that tailgate on that stretch, as there's just too many breaking scenarios. I'll drive reasonably over the limit if the conditions allow and stay in lane 1 unless passing, so if there's someone on my tail, its usually because there's a car in front of me, waiting to turn left. In fact we'd all get there faster if we spread out. Patience is just a fact of life in rural areas.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived in So Cal this would happen almost daily.
I think I saw it today actually!!...maybe just never was paying attention before...then I did go a different route today...drove by a college campus.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half of my commute is a suburban arterial road. People that try and cut across 4 lanes for an intersection at the very last second kill me. They know that exit has been coming up for miles. I've seen three wrecks in the same location, and many more across the entire commute this year of people failing at this maneuver.

The other half is rural highway with several turns, hills, left turning cars, trucks, farm equipment, etc. I can't well tolerate people that tailgate on that stretch, as there's just too many breaking scenarios. I'll drive reasonably over the limit if the conditions allow and stay in lane 1 unless passing, so if there's someone on my tail, its usually because there's a car in front of me, waiting to turn left. In fact we'd all get there faster if we spread out. Patience is just a fact of life in rural areas.

Sometimes bad road engineering coupled with bad driving causes accidents to stack up one location...there's a really weird intersection on my route to work...5 streets intersect...cars have a green left arrow, but also a yield sign (yielding to cars doing a designed u-turn)...drivers routinely ignore this yield sign...which I can see why, you are turning on a green arrow signal...if you're making the u-turn, you have no signage at all making you think you have the right of way...bam from a driver making the left on the arrow and ran the yield sign..I seen several rear end jobs there in the last 2 years.

It's a busy intersection at rush hour...the DOT is aware of the intersection...a cheap fix would be to give the yield sign some flashing lights I think, but so far...nada.