• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comment Thread 2019 Mock

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing mockers fail on is taking a position just to fill a position.

NFL draft teams often neglect needs because of value... NFL mockers often neglect value for need.

You just can't reach to fill a position with someone who you feel won't help ya much.
That’s why I took Dieter even thought tackle isn’t a huge need now

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RD1 - Quinnen Williams DL Alabama
RD2 - Dalton Risner OL Kansas State
RD3 - Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M
RD4 - Mecole Hardman WR Georgia
RD5 - Ryan Finley QB NC State

I'm happy with this draft for the Cardinals. Rosen was really shaky last year but I think Kyler Murray is a massive injury risk and Quinnen Williams is a freak. This draft will never happen just looking at their roster. It looks like the pick is Murray or Bosa based on their roster and honestly I should've picked Bosa. Risner is one of the most flexible oline players in the draft and should probably be a solid starter at C from day 1 if I had to guess. I liked the value a lot on Hardman and Finley. I pretty much had to pick a top 5 TE. Seals-Jones was the lowest ranked TE in the NFL according to Football Outsiders and Charles Clay was the 3rd lowest ranked TE in all of the NFL. Thats an embarrassing combo.

But that whole draft comes down to Rosen. If he does well in the NFL then I'll feel pretty good about that.

Chiefs

RD1 - AJ Brown WR Ole Miss
RD2 - Justin Layne CB Michigan State
RD3 - David Montgomery RB Iowa State*
RD3 - Charles Omenihu DE Texas
RD4 - Cameron Smith LB USC*

I feel like I pulled that out of my rear. AJ Brown is an insurance pick and ultimately a replacement for Sammy Watkins if/when he leaves the team at some point. I really like his talent. Layne is a Goldilocks pick at CB. A bit of a project but tons of upside. I traded down thinking RB and was thinking someone would pick the Alabama RB but he was still there after trading down and I still picked Montgomery. Definitely my favorite pick. Omenihu has been hyped up by a lot of Chiefs fans so thats one that would be popular. Cameron Smith is a hustle guy who might be able to start if Reggie Ragland is too slow to play ILB. LB is imo the shakiest position on the Chiefs right now but I feel like there is a distinct drop in talent after the Devins leave the board.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does everyone like their draft so far?

For Broncos- I feel I hit on value and got some much needed positions. Problem with my draft is A. Denver has so many needs right now so can't fill them all. B. A few of the glaring needs the value hasn't been there. OG had a run on round 3, in which a lot of those guys I had grades on after round 3 so I missed out on them in the middle rounds, ILB the value was never really there for me... TE after the first few rounds I don't see many that I like much better then Troy Fumagalli who we took last year. That being said Denver can still use another TE with Jake Butt being undependable, but might have to look the street free agent route. Still a few I will consider with my last two picks, same with ILB. But I refuse to reach on a player I don't see helping much over value late. So we will see. Still a few left I think can help, just not sure they will be there when the value strikes to take them.

Bengals- Filled a huge need at LB... Wasn't expecting Daniel Jones to be in there in round 2, for the better of the mock and value I took him for the Bengals. Rd 3 was a bit stuck needing to fill OT, took MCGary. Wasn't crazy on the value but it was about where I had him going and a major need. Didn't wanna miss out and wait until round 4 where I had OT's rated much lower, didn't think the valeu would be there. Love the value on Khalen Saunders in round 4 who I think could go as early as round 2. Filled a need at a decent value spot in LSU TE Foster Moreau in rd 5. After I took him I sorta regretted not taking Iman Marshall who was also great value at a need, but it also makes round 6 and 7 more fun for a DB lover like myself. ;)

I wish I would have grabbed a CB earlier, my only disappointment. I don't love my draft but whatever lol. I filled every need so far pretty much, just wish I would have done it in a different order. There were some picks that surprised me early that messed up my plans.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints @eaglesnut are OTC

Chiefs finally pick up a Safety. Honestly not sure how big of a need this is for the Chiefs but after it was leaked that they were heavily interested in Earl Thomas then its pretty obvious that they'll draft one at some point.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints @eaglesnut are OTC

Chiefs finally pick up a Safety. Honestly not sure how big of a need this is for the Chiefs but after it was leaked that they were heavily interested in Earl Thomas then its pretty obvious that they'll draft one at some point.
I like the one you got too. Above average athlete for the position, a bit undersized. . . Heart of a lion and a born leader. Definitely had him on our shortlist.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great value on Johnson. I couldn't pass if he was still there.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all set to take Johnson. Will pick in five mins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Jackson has left the building

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all set to take Johnson. Will pick in five mins.
Blame Draft Crazy because I had Te'von Coney lined up and Johnson was my plan B

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB value galore cause everyone was wanting OL early in draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Giles? The names in this draft are great