• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Commanders vs. Giants Game 1 2023

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but is the oline as bad as you think it is? 38% is a high number for sacks.

Yes it is. They contribute those sacks to SH but how or why? If it is based strictly on time holding the ball, then it is a flawed stat because some plays take longer to develop, especially when we have been well behind in every game except Atlanta. Even if you attribute every sack properly to SH, he has still been sacked 20 times.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. They contribute those sacks to SH but how or why? If it is based strictly on time holding the ball, then it is a flawed stat because some plays take longer to develop, especially when we have been well behind in every game except Atlanta. Even if you attribute every sack properly to SH, he has still been sacked 20 times.

that is the issue we are always behind in games except last week. Plus, EB tends to pass more than run. It can get cleaned up. Do you want Lucas in the starting lineup?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think both howell holding the ball far too long and the pathetic line play are about equal blame in the number of sacks.did,nt atlanta score first this sunday?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think both howell holding the ball far too long and the pathetic line play are about equal blame in the number of sacks.did,nt atlanta score first this sunday?

yes but we had the lead starting from the 2nd qtr on. it went to a two score lead early 3rd.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but we had the lead starting from the 2nd qtr on. it went to a two score lead early 3rd.
i watched the whole game and i thought atlanta scored first.my nurse,s father went down to the game from here.he is a lifelong falcon fan.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched the whole game and i thought atlanta scored first.my nurse,s father went down to the game from here.he is a lifelong falcon fan.

yes atl did score first. not disputing that. Then we took control.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep…but want him in for Wylie.

so you want Lucas at RT, bench Wylie. I voted for Wylie at LG and Lucas at RT. Gates stays at Center. I dont think anything will change Sunday

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. There have been a few sacks that were completely on SH but not 38%. If this OL was not a complete abomination, we would not be having this conversation and we wouldn’t notice most of these little sacks where SH held it for 2.8 seconds instead of 2.7.

All people have to do is watch a game of ours, a game of Seattle’s, and a game of Philadelphia’s to see how bad our OL is. It is a comparison of abomination, mediocrity, and beauty.

While there are times when you say the pocket was clean, but then you notice it was a ten yard pass. You watch Cindy and say it was a clean pocket and see the pass was 25 yards. Then you see Philly and see a clean pocket for ten seconds. I would say there is pressure on SH by the time his back foot hits the ground on a three step drop at least 70% of the time.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you want Lucas at RT, bench Wylie. I voted for Wylie at LG and Lucas at RT. Gates stays at Center. I dont think anything will change Sunday

I don’t want Wylie at G…why would you? Cosmi has been our best OL. Hell, I would almost say put Cosmi back at RT, Lucas at LT, and Wylie at guard but I think the other is better for now.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. There have been a few sacks that were completely on SH but not 38%. If this OL was not a complete abomination, we would not be having this conversation and we wouldn’t notice most of these little sacks where SH held it for 2.8 seconds instead of 2.7.

All people have to do is watch a game of ours, a game of Seattle’s, and a game of Philadelphia’s to see how bad our OL is. It is a comparison of abomination, mediocrity, and beauty.

While there are times when you say the pocket was clean, but then you notice it was a ten yard pass. You watch Cindy and say it was a clean pocket and see the pass was 25 yards. Then you see Philly and see a clean pocket for ten seconds. I would say there is pressure on SH by the time his back foot hits the ground on a three step drop at least 70% of the time.
makes sense.new coach has to get oline help next draft.just like gibbs did with bugel,a decent coach would help out a lot.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want Wylie at G…why would you? Cosmi has been our best OL. Hell, I would almost say put Cosmi back at RT, Lucas at LT, and Wylie at guard but I think the other is better for now.

wylie at LG