• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders vs Cowboys predictions

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 23-10 Cowboys. The Commander's defense is a little better than a High School team. Rivera did a great job of addressing issues with the defense....

*Parsons should have 4 sacks
*Game should be over by halftime
*Wentz will be sacked 8 times
*Wentz will throw a TD with about a minute left
*Cowboys will go on cruise control in the 2nd half
*Commanders fans will still believe Rivera and Wentz are the future of the team

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each game brings a different challenge. Have to believe that Washington puts a strong emphasis this week on protecting Wentz , considering they allowed 9 sacks Sunday. With that being said, I still think Dallas will find ways to disrupt the Qb.

Offensively - This is a question mark for me. I dont think Rush can play much better than he did last night. Against the Bengals , he put a few up for grabs. Last night i thought me made one bad throw. Peyton Manning talked about his footwork before the game. He was dead on. When Rush can set his feet - he can be really effective.

I never like the messed up week - meaning coming off Monday night. At least its at home. Anything goes in a division rivalry , but I feel pretty good about it right now.

Dak also hinted he may back. I really doubt that but I do expect Gallup. We will see.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling good but...

Ya never know
Geez, the defense will feast on the Commanders OLine. It will be ugly. Parsons will have a field day.

The Commanders defense is awful as well.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each game brings a different challenge. Have to believe that Washington puts a strong emphasis this week on protecting Wentz , considering they allowed 9 sacks Sunday. With that being said, I still think Dallas will find ways to disrupt the Qb.

Offensively - This is a question mark for me. I dont think Rush can play much better than he did last night. Against the Bengals , he put a few up for grabs. Last night i thought me made one bad throw. Peyton Manning talked about his footwork before the game. He was dead on. When Rush can set his feet - he can be really effective.

I never like the messed up week - meaning coming off Monday night. At least its at home. Anything goes in a division rivalry , but I feel pretty good about it right now.

Dak also hinted he may back. I really doubt that but I do expect Gallup. We will see.
Wentz thinks he is Farve 2.0. I think DAL will get to him early and often.

Rivera weakened the OLine and DLine and it shows. Rush should be fine and will find the open receiver.

The Commanders OC is a joke and will continue to call 7-step drops. WSH is the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL and the fans still believe they will get to 11 wins.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict I will watch the game.

And I'll probably pick our heroes (as I did last night) in the family pickem league.

Beyond that - let's hope the defense continues its strong play and makes life miserable for the former apple of Jerry's eye - Wentz.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz turns the ball over a few times and gets sacked 3-5 times. Game likely a close game. Hope cowboys win

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week to week league

Cowboy fans can't assume anything.
I blame Jerry for all that
Having been a Skins fan for so long, I didn't know Cowboy fans didn't have much faith in Jones. I thought Skins or Raiders fans were the only one that has a lack of faith in their owners.

Snyder is literally the worst pro sports owner. Getting a non-Commanders fan opinion, why has the league not booted him out? In light of the Sarver situation, I would think the heat would be turned up on Snyder?

IMO, Sarver, Stirling, and Richardson are choir boys compared to Snyder.

The Cowboys generally draft well and sign solid free agents. They always appear to be challenging for the NFC East title. Skins/Commanders on the other hand only succeed when the other NFC East teams have a down year. 2020 is the prime example.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz turns the ball over a few times and gets sacked 3-5 times. Game likely a close game. Hope cowboys win
I think DAL can match the Philly sack total but I might be wrong. Parsons will be in face all game.
If Wentz has time, he will look downfield to Dotson, Samuels or TMac. I don't think he will have the time though and I think the DAL secondary will provide good coverage on the WSH WRs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having been a Skins fan for so long, I didn't know Cowboy fans didn't have much faith in Jones. I thought Skins or Raiders fans were the only one that has a lack of faith in their owners.
You're missing our problem here.
We're conditioned to owner Jerry and his marketing look at us BS. Our problem is GM Jerry. Worst thing was putting him the HOF, now he's convinced himself he's a football guy

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing our problem here.
We're conditioned to owner Jerry and his marketing look at us BS. Our problem is GM Jerry. Worst thing was putting him the HOF, now he's convinced himself he's a football guy
Gotcha.

Jones the owner is ok; Jones the GM is the concern?

That is why I didn't want Rivera to be hired. Same type of issue if I am understanding you. Rivera the coach is ok; River the GM/front office head is a disaster.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha.

Jones the owner is ok; Jones the GM is the concern?

That is why I didn't want Rivera to be hired. Same type of issue if I am understanding you. Rivera the coach is ok; River the GM/front office head is a disaster.
I admit I was shocked all redskin fans were so sure Washington had the better head coach when these two were hired. All seem to still think that today. The certainty BLOWS MY MIND.

I will tell you this on this board. Ten years here and I've seen maybe 5 washington posters who know the game enough to be objective if it's Cowboys.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's not even close. Just looking at the history, McCarthy is head and shoulders above Rivera.

Rivera = 3 winning seasons out of 12
McCarthy = 10 winning seasons out of 15

Also, you talk about Jones the GM, he is much more knowledgable and seasoned than Rivera. Rivera is clueless. I think the only reason he took the job was because he would have total control.

There are a lot of good folks on the Commanders board, but some are delusional. Some of them think Mark Rypien and Art Monk are walking through the door. Or, they think that Wentz is the next savior of the team. They cannot deal with the fact that the Commanders are a has-been organization owned by an abuser. They cannot fathom that the glory days are gone and will not return. They cannot even admit that they are the worst team/organization by a long shot (players, coaches, fans, owner) in the division. NYG, PHILLY, and DAL have hope and a future...WSH has none.

The team cannot find a home for a new stadium, they are last in attendance, and they have no cap to build a solid team....then there is Snyder.

They are jealous of the Dallas history, present, and future. It's really that simple. The ones that think WSH will win the division have a disorder at this point. Terry McLaurin and Jonathan Allen will regret signing on to stay with the circus. It is sad to be honest.

DAL, Philly, and NYG at least know you must build through the draft. Rivera and Snyder are lost and haven't figured it out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's not even close. Just looking at the history, McCarthy is head and shoulders above Rivera.

Rivera = 3 winning seasons out of 12
McCarthy = 10 winning seasons out of 15
Washington fans say that's all Aaron Rodgers

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. It's the Washington fans I've always known and that is darn near all the seasons
Well, I believe you and it makes sense.

I think you have to consider the source here. I am guessing Redskin/Commanders fans are much more obsessed with the Cowboys than the other way around. I could be wrong.

I am guessing that Redskins/Commanders view the Cowboys as the rival gang, like the Greasers or Socs, where Cowboy fans view the Redskins/Commanders as the annoying little brother. Especially over the past 20 years. This isn't the 70's or 80's anymore.

Any measure of success by the Cowboys will be mocked or discredited obviously. You understand that though.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, the defense will feast on the Commanders OLine. It will be ugly. Parsons will have a field day.

The Commanders defense is awful as well.

Ive been around a long time. I once saw Roger Staubach lead a comeback in the final two minutes being 2 TDs down in the final 2 minutes to beat the Skins for the division title. I once saw Dallas set up for a game winning FG in Washington with a few seconds left- only to see the Fg blocked to send the game to a probable OT, BUT we grabbed Sean Taylors facemask on he return and the Skins kicked the game winner with no time on the clock. I saw Aikman get knocked out of a game early @ Washington, and Steve Beurline come in and ruin a perfect Skins record. I think yall were 11-0. Went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. The only other loss was to philly to the last game when you played your backups. Ive seen Colt McCoy come into Arlington one night and beat one of Romos best teams on a MNF. These are just a few on the many. I could go on and on. What I have learned though - throw the records out the window. This is Cowboys / Skins to me, noT Commanders. Anything can happen.