• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree:

Dean did think it was a great trade, where most everybody else was either annoyed by the trade or worse.

I think the team is now better off with Wentz NOW then when he was on the team.

Go be a backup elsewhere.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wince tried to call them back but the call was intercepted

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Wentz was released thread?

Thought I might have missed the party.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Wentz was released thread?

Thought I might have missed the party.
Here ya go!

2h
Washington Commanders Release QB Carson Wentz After One Year
Commanders release Carson Wentz as downfall continues originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia. INDIANAPOLIS — As the ...

1h
Commanders release Carson Wentz one season after trading for QB: Top landing spots for veteran signal-caller
The Carson Wentz era in Washington is over. The Commanders officially released the veteran quarterback on Monday, just one ...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And good riddance to McCain as well.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Payne doesn't want to sign longterm I believe it's best to tag and trade him to the highest bidder

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go!

2h
Washington Commanders Release QB Carson Wentz After One Year
Commanders release Carson Wentz as downfall continues originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia. INDIANAPOLIS — As the ...

1h
Commanders release Carson Wentz one season after trading for QB: Top landing spots for veteran signal-caller
The Carson Wentz era in Washington is over. The Commanders officially released the veteran quarterback on Monday, just one ...
Sty for the win!!
Not speaking on behalf of everyone, but I believe we are all waiting for the headline to read:

Snyder Sells Washington Commanders!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Payne doesn't want to sign longterm I believe it's best to tag and trade him to the highest bidder
They absolutely, positively MUST put the non-exclusive tag on Payne! Doing this gives them two first-round draft picks, allows Payne to negotiate with other teams and possibly sign an offer sheet, or failing that gives them real intel on which teams are interested. If those teams are interested and unwilling to relinquish two first-rounders Washington can then negotiate the terms of a sign and trade or trade him outright for whatever they would be willing to otherwise take in exchange for his services. The non-exclusive tag is a win-win-win for the Commanders.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1677595161752.png
Urine

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 322296
Well haven’t stirred this pot in awhile

Is there anybody on this message board that would take wentz over cousins besides dean maybe?

I know I wouldnt.

We knew that Wentz was gonna suck moose dong when the “Football Team” beat the snot out of him in his last year in DC

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anybody on this message board that would take wentz over cousins besides dean maybe?

I know I wouldnt.

We knew that Wentz was gonna suck moose dong when the “Football Team” beat the snot out of him in his last year

in DC

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I wouldnt.

We knew that Wentz was gonna suck moose dong when the “Football Team” beat the snot out of him in his last year in DC
View attachment 322296
Is it really stirring the pot or an honest look at how pathetic this organization has been?

Geeez, what horrible choices and my answer to any given the choice-type questions coming from it is... Wince! (and it's not even close)

It is beyond pathetic to see the better choice whomever that happens to be, as aspirational because neither gets you anywhere close to where you want to be... that is of course unless you're a Washington fan who's comfortable with serviceable and see that as the better choice.

So why Wince you ask, well first let me explain to all of you who seemingly have little perspective in history why Cousins isn't the better choice. Historically, Washington has been a 7,8, or 9-win team with all iterations of those outcomes ending in either a one-and-done playoff appearance or completely missing the playoffs altogether. The resulting draft position has been near the draft order's middle and when factoring in an additional win or two with Cousins at the helm you'd get if you're fortunate one playoff win if you made the playoffs and a much lower draft pick.

With Carson Wince during that same period of time your chances to get exponentially better improve by a factor of 1000. Why? well because being awful improves your draft position and gives you an almost immediate chance to move away from awful (Wince) and serviceable (Cousins) toward having one of the best QBs in the league and/or the flexibility that comes with having a top of the order selection. You get this with Wince because your draft position moves from the middle of the pack to the top pick or very near to it. Don't believe me? Kirk Cousins left here in 2018, and Carson Wince came into the league in 2016, we know what's happened to both during their time in the league. Is anyone here honestly willing to take Cousins or Wince over a possible top-five QB or the flexibility that a top draft pick gives you? I doubt it!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really stirring the pot or an honest look at how pathetic this organization has been?

Geeez, what horrible choices and my answer to any given the choice-type questions coming from it is... Wince! (and it's not even close)

It is beyond pathetic to see the better choice whomever that happens to be, as aspirational because neither gets you anywhere close to where you want to be... that is of course unless you're a Washington fan who's comfortable with serviceable and see that as the better choice.

So why Wince you ask, well first let me explain to all of you who seemingly have little perspective in history why Cousins isn't the better choice. Historically, Washington has been a 7,8, or 9-win team with all iterations of those outcomes ending in either a one-and-done playoff appearance or completely missing the playoffs altogether. The resulting draft position has been near the draft order's middle and when factoring in an additional win or two with Cousins at the helm you'd get if you're fortunate one playoff win if you made the playoffs and a much lower draft pick.

With Carson Wince during that same period of time your chances to get exponentially better improve by a factor of 1000. Why? well because being awful improves your draft position and gives you an almost immediate chance to move away from awful (Wince) and serviceable (Cousins) toward having one of the best QBs in the league and/or the flexibility that comes with having a top of the order selection. You get this with Wince because your draft position moves from the middle of the pack to the top pick or very near to it. Don't believe me? Kirk Cousins left here in 2018, and Carson Wince came into the league in 2016, we know what's happened to both during their time in the league. Is anyone here honestly willing to take Cousins or Wince over a possible top-five QB or the flexibility that a top draft pick gives you? I doubt it!
but would we take KC with a team built around him ? because top 5 qbs just dont fall into your laps . in fact it can be argued that only twice in the teams 90 plus years have we had a elite qb baugh and jurgensen