• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but they could be starters. RR had a good draft his first year here
i think if they moved AGG to TE as a rookie he would still be here

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the mid rounds picks are usually players that build your team. Backups or not. We got nothing out of this guy. Its just another example how the draft is a crap shoot and even if you have alot of draft picks it doesn't mean you will hit on all of them. Just looking at the 2020 draft, Young, Gibson, Curl and JSW are the hits. Misses are both 4th round picks. Well Charles has a shot to make the team,. Ismael and Hudson are on the bubble right now.

From the article:

Nearly 30% of all starters were 1st round draft picks when drafted into the league;

- Roughly 30% were taken in either the 2nd or 3rd round;

- Roughly 26% were taken in either rounds 4 through 7;

- Undrafted players (14%) were the 3rd most likely group to comprise 2014’s starters…only behind 1st round (30%) and 2nd round (18%) picks.

I did ten seconds of research which was enough to say more correctly that at least in the year quoted in the article, the fourth round produces almost as many starters as the first three rounds

Like all pieces of data, its important to consider context: Teams with a lot of holes in their starting lineup will naturally produce more starters via the draft than teams with less holes in their starting lineup.

Also: while its true that teams sign free agents to be starter, it’s cheaper to work theough the draft.

Clarifying misconceptions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the article:

Nearly 30% of all starters were 1st round draft picks when drafted into the league;

- Undrafted players (14%) were the 3rd most likely group to comprise 2014’s starters…only behind 1st round (30%) and 2nd round (18%) picks.

I did ten seconds of research which was enough to say more correctly that at least in the year quoted in the article, the fourth round produces almost as many starters as the first three rounds

Like all pieces of data, its important to consider context: Teams with a lot of holes in their starting lineup will naturally produce more starters via the draft than teams with less holes in their starting lineup.

Also: while its true that teams sign free agents to be starter, it’s cheaper to work theough the draft.

Maybe you should reread that ? Because what I am seeing is rounds 4-7 and not just 4th round which was being discussed .

Now that would also mean 74 % of 4-7 rounds do not start which would mean they are mostly back ups . Again not knowing what solely the 4th round stat is

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should reread that ? Because what I am seeing is rounds 4-7 and not just 4th round which was being discussed .

Now that would also mean 74 % of 4-7 rounds do not start which would mean they are mostly back ups . Again not knowing what solely the 4th round stat is

Your interpretation would also suggest that 70% of first rounders are non starters, Einstein.

Smart people would provide a context to better interpret the data. You have not proven that you can contextualize data whatsoever in this or any other context, so I provided you and dean with context.

Your implication is simplistic and incorrect and mine is not.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today didn't help. Do we have any idea what Dan said to Congress?

I am guessing he said the following:

"I don't recall"

"Unfortunately, I have signed a non-disclosure agreement and cannot speak to that situation"

" I fired any and all guilty parties ONCE I was advised"

Those were the only answers he gave.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your interpretation would also suggest that 70% of first rounders are non starters, Einstein.

Smart people would provide a context to better interpret the data. You have not proven that you can contextualize data whatsoever in this or any other context, so I provided you and dean with context.

Your implication is simplistic and incorrect and mine is not.
Simplistic? You use 4 rounds instead of one that was talked about to make a point with faulty confirmation ? How about using the right data ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes no sense to trade for Jimmy G now. San Fran showed their hand.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the article:

I agree with you. Skinsdad said 4th rounder were all backups.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simplistic? You use 4 rounds instead of one that was talked about to make a point with faulty confirmation ? How about using the right data ?

Just pointing out that “making a point with faulty confirmation” doesnt make any sense at all, and that i did infact use the correct data.

Read it again. Slowly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out that “making a point with faulty confirmation” doesnt make any sense at all, and that i did infact use the correct data.

Read it again. Slowly.
we were talking about 1 damn round , the data you presented was for 4 rounds total , that makes it incorrect
He did say that. Then, when caught, he changed the narrative
4th round picks are typically BU's so i wont say bust as a player . they should have moved him to TE as a rookie
the 1st time i said" typically " , the 2nd time i sais" usually ". now using the queens english chiller and dean typically and usually do not mean absolute . it leaves breathing room for exceptions so i didnt get caught at anything but you guys got caught on not reading things correctly

so lets recap for you chiller , dean and i were talking about 1 round ,( round 4 to be specific ) your data gave a percentage for 4 rounds ( rounds 4 , 5 , 6 and 7 ) not just 1 round (round 4 ) that makes the numbers skewed for the original guideline which was round 4 making the data you were using incorrect because it used data for rounds 5.6 and 7 which were not in play for purposes of that limited conversation

now if you say 26 out 100 are starters , then 74 cannot be starters , its simple math .

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughably horrible anaylsis.

Specatucular.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughably horrible anaylsis.

Specatucular.
Well interpreting data , knowing what the conversation was about , actually reading and knowing what words actually mean as well as basic math are hard for you , maybe a coloring book and crayons will help ?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Kerrigan retired after 11 seasons with the team.