• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck has happened to Dougie Hamilton?

Here's an honest question:

I didn't understand why the Flames wanted Hamilton in the first place. I thought defense was a strength anyway. They traded a 1st & 2nd's for Hamilton. Something tells me they could have gotten a good top 6 forward for that. Yes or No?

He's been a lot better in the last several games - 22 year old defenseman with his skating ability and point production, those type of guys don't come along very often. He needed some adjustment time to Hartley's system and the Western Conference, I think he'll be okay.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a lot better in the last several games - 22 year old defenseman with his skating ability and point production, those type of guys don't come along very often. He needed some adjustment time to Hartley's system and the Western Conference, I think he'll be okay.

Do you think the Flames would have been better served to add a top 6 forward instead? There's so much youth up front. I know the Flames apparently tried to acquire Stamkos & were turned down, but a player similar would have been a nice fit. I realize they are rarely available, but a young vet up front is what I think the Flames need.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Flames would have been better served to add a top 6 forward instead? There's so much youth up front. I know the Flames apparently tried to acquire Stamkos & were turned down, but a player similar would have been a nice fit. I realize they are rarely available, but a young vet up front is what I think the Flames need.

I'm not sure that there was similar value available up front. If there was the Flames may have gone that route.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Treliving couldn't believe that Hamilton was available and once it was determined that Dougie was on the market, he pulled the trigger. That said, the Flames do need more top-6 talent up front.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Treliving couldn't believe that Hamilton was available and once it was determined that Dougie was on the market, he pulled the trigger. That said, the Flames do need more top-6 talent up front.

Obviously this season isn't over, but Calgary is off to a tough start. What's the plan? Trade a vet or two for picks? Wait until the offseason & see what's available at forward from other teams at the draft? Wait & see who's available on the free agent market at forward on July 1st?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this season isn't over, but Calgary is off to a tough start. What's the plan? Trade a vet or two for picks? Wait until the offseason & see what's available at forward from other teams at the draft? Wait & see who's available on the free agent market at forward on July 1st?

It's tough because the Pacific Division is so mediocre this year that the Flames are still not out of it (I don't like their chances, mind you, but other teams are helping them hang around). That said, I've had enough of Dennis Wideman on this team, I hope he gets moved at the trade deadline regardless of the Flames playoff chances.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any lip readers out there?

/That smile on Johnny's face - Priceless.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any lip readers out there?

/That smile on Johnny's face - Priceless.

Yup.

He said: You're a much better hockey player than I am, so next chance I get I'm going to act like the massive douche that I am and try to injure you because I am a pile of human garbage.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can put a man on the moon, but we can't determine if a vulcanized rubber disc has crossed a red line. I hope the league can get this figured out before it costs a team a Stanley Cup...oh wait.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Hockey's PP marker is the 100th point of his NHL career.