• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im fine with him as a rental. Hes going to be 30 and last time I checked he was looking for Horvat dollars (and beyond).

I hope he finds his 80 point, Selke nominee game from 2 years ago by playing with Petey, helps us win and he cashes in next season ... if its somewhere else so be it.
Perspective is funny. You're looking at that line and saying "nah. But thanks".

I'm like "If he'd sign for 8.5, I would be all over that". Maybe a bit more if he would go less term.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perspective is funny. You're looking at that line and saying "nah. But thanks".

I'm like "If he'd sign for 8.5, I would be all over that". Maybe a bit more if he would go less term.
Youd be ok giving that number right now AND term to a guy who has 32 points through 49 games this season? I mean maybe if he lights it up down this stretch ... but right now? hoping he would rekindle the magic with Gaudreau???

Regardless of what he does going down the stretch if its more than 6 years it has a high risk of aging poorly. We already have the JT contract that might be scary in 4 years.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thinking about it I dont think we can sign him, petey and hronek and I dont think we are at all good enough to win it all even tho there is no clear cut contender in this league right now. I love the trade and I dont think we really gave up that much as the 2 prospects were ok and the picks will be so late. Kuz contract is up next year and I would rather get something for him now than wait. he will want ALOT of money and I dont think he will recreate his first year with us again (he probably will somewhere else and light up the Canucks like Toffoli) so to me it's a solid trade and we really didn't get fleeced but calgary prob got more out of this at the start.

as jstew says. if he returns to form and we get a massive run out of this then lose him so be it. at least we have cap room to sign someone else.

I have more faith in our management now than at the start of the year.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Read somewhere that one of the Canuck benefits of the trade was Kuzmenko's cap space for next year will allow us the room to sign Petey.

See what's left after that.
Certainly don't offer high term and dollars to anyone before that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect scenario, Kuzy re-finds his goal scoring touch and the Flames flip him at the trade deadline next season and bring back more picks/prospects. Conroy needs to stay the course here.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read somewhere that one of the Canuck benefits of the trade was Kuzmenko's cap space for next year will allow us the room to sign Petey.

See what's left after that.
Certainly don't offer high term and dollars to anyone before that.
also glossed over that Kuzmenkos cap hit for this year was 650k higher than Lindholms ... canucks have more space to add another player before this years deadline

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right Conroy, you get a passing grade for this first trade. Let's see how well you do with the Tanev swap.

I like this trade fro both teams, but Calgary did really well for a player in his second straight season of decline (statistically at least).

Kuzmenko score 74 points last year and should get plenty of opportunity in Calgary moving forward.

Jurmo is a decent prospect, IMO. 6'3 and can really skate. I could see him being a very good #4-5 D in the NHL eventually.

Hunter <insert every consonant here> looks OK as well.

The 1st will be in the late 20s (yeah I said that Vancouver fans), but still a good asset. This is nice first step towards rebuilding for the Flames.

Conroy knocked it out of the park if you ask me.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this trade fro both teams, but Calgary did really well for a player in his second straight season of decline (statistically at least).

Kuzmenko score 74 points last year and should get plenty of opportunity in Calgary moving forward.

Jurmo is a decent prospect, IMO. 6'3 and can really skate. I could see him being a very good #4-5 D in the NHL eventually.

Hunter <insert every consonant here> looks OK as well.

The 1st will be in the late 20s (yeah I said that Vancouver fans), but still a good asset. This is nice first step towards rebuilding for the Flames.

Conroy knocked it out of the park if you ask me.
He has shown nothing in the rookie and training camps he has attended over the years. He had the opportunity to come over and play in the A and didnt take it. I dont see him as an nhler

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has shown nothing in the rookie and training camps he has attended over the years. He had the opportunity to come over and play in the A and didnt take it. I dont see him as an nhler

Didn't know that he was offered to come over and declined. That's not a good look.

Still has some nice tools though (the toolbox could be a question mark).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know that he was offered to come over and declined. That's not a good look.

Even though they share the same initials, he's no Jyrki Jokipakka :D

/or Josh Jorris

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when I called him a washout in the Vancouver comedy thread yesterday ... I was about to also call him the defensive equivalent to Patrick White (legendary Canucks first round flop traded for Ehrhoff) but thought it was probably a tad harsh lol

who knows change of organization might help with development :noidea:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youd be ok giving that number right now AND term to a guy who has 32 points through 49 games this season? I mean maybe if he lights it up down this stretch ... but right now? hoping he would rekindle the magic with Gaudreau???

Regardless of what he does going down the stretch if its more than 6 years it has a high risk of aging poorly. We already have the JT contract that might be scary in 4 years.
With how dry our cupboard is and with our only legit 1C prospect not having gained the faith of the coach and having the lower half of his leg sliced off, yes. We need to fill that role with experience to shore up the on-ice product AND teach the kid. Johnny or no Johnny Lindholm looks like he ticks all the boxes. History with our slumping star is only extra gravy. We have way too much Kuraly/Roslovic/Jenner and not enough real centermen.

I am having a hard time thinking of who could realistically be had that would fit better than Linholm right now for what we need. Zibenijad? Barkov? Hintz? Larkin? All pipe dreams. Lindholm fits, and the price is what the price is.

Next year with a new coaching staff, a new front office and a new #1C and maybe this team can finally do something.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I was about to also call him the defensive equivalent to Patrick White (legendary Canucks first round flop

i still marvel at this draft pick. but man did it turn into an amazing trade

1706815755512.png

his uni numbers didnt even warrant being drafted even in the 2nd round... nonis was on crack when he drafted him

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still marvel at this draft pick. but man did it turn into an amazing trade

View attachment 353129

his uni numbers didnt even warrant being drafted even in the 2nd round... nonis was on crack when he drafted him
you left out the best part ... his final season !!! ... He didnt play for a team called Dijon ... he actually spent the year eating mustard in his basement! (Best wishes Patrick! :thumb: )

1706816343685.png

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you left out the best part ... his final season !!! ... He didnt play for a team called Dijon ... he actually spent the year eating mustard in his basement! (Best wishes Patrick! :thumb: )

View attachment 353130
he just drove around doing this

pardon-me-mustard.png

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that's not ideal

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that's not ideal

Yeah, supposedly they gave Johnny Hockey everything he asked for and he still left the Flames high and dry. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can't get fooled again.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, supposedly they gave Johnny Hockey everything he asked for and he still left the Flames high and dry. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can't get fooled again.
george w bush door GIF