• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted John Davidson when he was available (damn those Blue Jackets).

I doubt Davidson would ever work for a Canadian team. he is all about the growth of the game in the States. Anyway, even JD can't make that mess in Ohio a winner

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Davidson would ever work for a Canadian team. he is all about the growth of the game in the States. Anyway, even JD can't make that mess in Ohio a winner

I don't know, I see the Jackets as a team on the rise and JD/Jarmo are putting some nice pieces in place.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I see the Jackets as a team on the rise and JD/Jarmo are putting some nice pieces in place.

I agree. I like their defense & goaltending. Not only do they have Bob, but Oskar Dansk has a chance to be a good goalie as well. He's likely to be Sweden's #1 goalie at the World Jr's this year. Jarmo has been waiting for his opportunity for a long time. I'm actually surprised it took this long for him to get it.

Burke will bring even more press to the Flames. Depending on how the team plays that could be good or bad.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. Much of their success last year was due to Bobrovsky, who I still don't think is an elite NHL goalie. He had one great, lockout shortened season. After seeing him melt down in the WHC(yeah I know he was tired from the compressed schedule), he looks as though he could be another Bryzgalov if he gets off the rails

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic though...Maybe the presence of Burke on the hated Alberta rival might actually force Lowe to be somewhat competent?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic though...Maybe the presence of Burke on the hated Alberta rival might actually force Lowe to be somewhat competent?

I actually think the addition of MacT will make Lowe look somewhat competent.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have to agree with both. Burke needs to ramp up the marketing its one of his strong points of getting a team relevant again. lots of blood between him and lowe should be fun

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree there. If MacT gets this ship righted, you can bet that Lowe will be the first to take most of the credit.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree there. If MacT gets this ship righted, you can bet that Lowe will be the first to take most of the credit.

And if MacT gets too much of the credit, then Lowe can just sack him and just bring in another head coach

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter Loubardias is the new colo(u)r man alongside Peter Maher on the Fan 960 (he takes over for Mike Rogers who recently retired).

/Congrats to Peter
//He's sum kinda analyst

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have a poll going on Calgarypuck asking people if they like the Burke hire - With approximately 350 responses thus far, 93% like the hire.

/I think there's a lot of Feaster hatred skewing the vote.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*cough* Garth Snow *cough*

Laugh all you want, but look at the talent Garth has assembled under difficult circumstances. Tavares is a superstar. Moulson is a legit 30 goal scorer he got for nothing. Grabner is a legit 20 to 30 goal scorer. The defense is going to get much better with all the stud prospects coming. Matt Donovan is the most likely to make the team this year. Guys like Reinhart, Pulock, De Haan, Pelech, Mayfield, Pokka amongst others aren't far away. With a potential star in Ryan Strome & a big Center/Winger in Brock Nelson possibly ready this season. The future is very bright for the soon to be Brooklyn bound Isles.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh all you want, but look at the talent Garth has assembled under difficult circumstances. Tavares is a superstar. Moulson is a legit 30 goal scorer he got for nothing. Grabner is a legit 20 to 30 goal scorer. The defense is going to get much better with all the stud prospects coming. Matt Donovan is the most likely to make the team this year. Guys like Reinhart, Pulock, De Haan, Pelech, Mayfield, Pokka amongst others aren't far away. With a potential star in Ryan Strome & a big Center/Winger in Brock Nelson possibly ready this season. The future is very bright for the soon to be Brooklyn bound Isles.

man you are all over your teams management and ownership for years and once they start to look good its back on the wagon. Snow was a laughing stock as a GM. hes got some good picks and assembled a decent team but lets see this team improve for more than one or 2 seasons before you jump up as his #1 supporter.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...l-discussion/73861-hey-snowwang-fuck-you.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ion/65848-serious-question-about-my-team.html

Now the Islanders are the laughingstalk of the league & have been for quite some time.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/.../93001-should-john-tavares-demand-traded.html

with the way the team has been run into the ground should he ask to be dealt?

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ssion/15537-season-over-hasnt-even-begun.html

Being a New York Islanders fan can be very frustrating.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and for old time sakes.... LUONGO

NHL must be close lol

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man you are all over your teams management and ownership for years and once they start to look good its back on the wagon. Snow was a laughing stock as a GM. hes got some good picks and assembled a decent team but lets see this team improve for more than one or 2 seasons before you jump up as his #1 supporter.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...l-discussion/73861-hey-snowwang-fuck-you.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ion/65848-serious-question-about-my-team.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/.../93001-should-john-tavares-demand-traded.html

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ssion/15537-season-over-hasnt-even-begun.html

I'll take my teams future over the Oilers any day. I'm not even worried about the goalie situation long term. They drafted two possible studs in this past draft & there are plenty of good UFA goalies available next year. With almost 11M coming off the books next year Garth won't have a problem replacing Nabokov. The Isles are only going to get better. They might not make the playoffs this year, but that's because of the addition of Detroit to the conference & the probability of Ward staying healthy for the Hurricanes.