• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the only reason that Gary hasn't pulled the plug yet is money, China has ponied up big time dollars as they want the best players at their games, the players wanted to play in 2018, but South Korea didn't line the pockets of enough people and Gary pulled the plug. Now Gary is saying its up to the players and they want to play in China, do another poll Gary, I bet less than half want to go to China. I mean, who wants to be stuck in a rundown apartment in Beijing for 3 weeks if you get COVID :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there are already Oilers fans on certain boards claiming that the Flames should have to call up guys from the minors and treat the COVID-19 outbreak as regular injuries (i.e. they should not have postponed any games). Just a reminder that you should never ever feel sorry for the Oilers and their fans, some of the most arrogant and entitled people you will ever meet.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the only reason that Gary hasn't pulled the plug yet is money, China has ponied up big time dollars as they want the best players at their games, the players wanted to play in 2018, but South Korea didn't line the pockets of enough people and Gary pulled the plug. Now Gary is saying its up to the players and they want to play in China, do another poll Gary, I bet less than half want to go to China. I mean, who wants to be stuck in a rundown apartment in Beijing for 3 weeks if you get COVID :noidea:
Load up on Germany to win the gold if the NHL players don’t go.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary wants nothing to do with the Olympics. They made a deal with the players in order to get the bubble going and they don't want to rile up the league's best players after making that commitment. If Gary and the owners had it their way they'd just keep playing the season like they should.

But the players have to be insane to want to go at this point. TBH I think most athletes are double-thinking it, especially Canadians considering the hostility between the two countries and China's previous willingness to use hostage diplomacy. I get how hard they train for the tournament but I'm not sure risking my freedom for a 5th place showing in luge is worth it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary wants nothing to do with the Olympics. They made a deal with the players in order to get the bubble going and they don't want to rile up the league's best players after making that commitment. If Gary and the owners had it their way they'd just keep playing the season like they should.

But the players have to be insane to want to go at this point. TBH I think most athletes are double-thinking it, especially Canadians considering the hostility between the two countries and China's previous willingness to use hostage diplomacy. I get how hard they train for the tournament but I'm not sure risking my freedom for a 5th place showing in luge is worth it.

Gary wants nothing to do with the Olympics when they are not held in North America. As far as the other winter athletes are concerned, I think every athlete should decide whether or not they want to participate, I mean in the grand scheme of things, a boycott of athletes does very little to sway how a particular country deals with human rights.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary wants nothing to do with the Olympics when they are not held in North America. As far as the other winter athletes are concerned, I think every athlete should decide whether or not they want to participate, I mean in the grand scheme of things, a boycott of athletes does very little to sway how a particular country deals with human rights.
Even if they were in NA I don't think the NHL wants anything to do with it. The terms they negotiated for these are a bit better but the NHL still gets relatively little out of it and owners are terrified of their players suffering a Tavares-like injury.

Personally I'm anti-NHL participation anytime (I'll watch but it does very little for me personally as a sports fan) so I'm kinda with them on it - the only hockey trophy that matters to me is the Stanley Cup - but if your best players are gonna make a stink about it it's a nice negotiating tool to use in exchange for paying them less HRR lol.

And no, a boycott isn't the right way to go. Hard to put myself in an athlete's shoes but I think I'd end up on the "I'm not going" side of things. Less about human rights and much more about personal safety.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shut the Flames down until after Xmas...

but the competitive edge of having a break.... blah blah blah Damian Cox... blah

but yes. shut them down.

cancel NHL to China and use that time to reschedule the games.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
but the competitive edge of having a break.... blah blah blah Damian Cox... blah

but yes. shut them down.

cancel NHL to China and use that time to reschedule the games.
Compressed schedule after Christmas (while recovering) will fuck them.
Goodbye playoffs

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just end the season tonight.

Top 32 teams play in a single elimination one game playoff re-seeded all the way until the finals which is a best of 3.

No hurt feelings.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just end the season tonight.

Top 32 teams play in a single elimination one game playoff re-seeded all the way until the finals which is a best of 3.

No hurt feelings.

make it a march madness bracket....

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL really needs to implement restrictions on players' off-time. If this season's gonna survive guys need to go from home to rink to home. Only way this season survives.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make it a march madness bracket....
Take a page out of the F1 playbook. Just reset the season results so far, have everyone play one game and the first team to score a goal wins the cup!

Have two teams play at 5PM and everyone else plays at 7.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

everyone GIF