• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is Nurse trying to kick Tkachuk as he's falling down? That's pretty terrible if true and luckily he missed.

PartialSerpentineInchworm-size_restricted.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is Nurse trying to kick Tkachuk as he's falling down? That's pretty terrible if true and luckily he missed.

PartialSerpentineInchworm-size_restricted.gif
Maybe not so much a kick as trying to hook his foot and take Tkachuk down with him. Either way: Bush league.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt played a pretty inspired first period, but was MIA for the final 40 minutes (along with pretty much everyone else on the Flames). That in a nutshell sums up the team this season, spurts of okay play followed by longer spurts of dreadful play.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep Lindholm, Mangiapane, and Dube as far as forwards are concerned. On defense, Tanev, Hanifin, Valamaki, and Andersson. Obviously, Markstrom in goal. The rest of the guys you can move and I honestly wouldn't miss them. I don't think Ward is a good coach, but this team has severe character issues and Treliving needs to be axed as he's had more than a fair chance to fix this mess.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep Lindholm, Mangiapane, and Dube as far as forwards are concerned. On defense, Tanev, Hanifin, Valamaki, and Andersson. Obviously, Markstrom in goal. The rest of the guys you can move and I honestly wouldn't miss them. I don't think Ward is a good coach, but this team has severe character issues and Treliving needs to be axed as he's had more than a fair chance to fix this mess.
I would offer to trade Savard and a second for Monahan, but there is no point in adding any skilled forwards to this Jackets roster if all they're gonna do is get moved to the 4th line wing if they fail to cover when yet another defender pinches and gets caught.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably best to move Monahan and Gaudreau at this point. I'd hold Tkachuk unless there is something wrong in the room and he isn't a good fit anymore.

But Treliving probably isn't the guy you want doing these deals anymore and moving them before the deadline might be much more beneficial to the team (offseason is going to be about teams protecting themselves from the expansion draft and moving money out now puts Calgary in good position to take advantage of that).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Second round pick and Gudbranson for Tkachuk. We'll throw in a conditional 3rd if we win back-to-back Cups in the next 4 years.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not, Ottawa is closer to a Cup than Calgary is at this point.

dash sad.

Seriously though they should retool the forwards and keep their core D. Keep Lindholm and Chucky Sr.. Maybe Breadeater as well. Try to get some good hungry young forwards to grow with Andersson, Vali and Hanifin on the back end.

That team has more talent than it's shown.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dash sad.

Seriously though they should retool the forwards and keep their core D. Keep Lindholm and Chucky Sr.. Maybe Breadeater as well. Try to get some good hungry young forwards to grow with Andersson, Vali and Hanifin on the back end.

That team has more talent than it's shown.

They just play dumb hockey though, it's like these guys have never heard the phrase "protect the puck". This team makes more turnovers than a bakery.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just play dumb hockey though, it's like these guys have never heard the phrase "protect the puck". This team makes more turnovers than a bakery.

Agreed but I think some of that rests with the coaches.

Anyway, I found it amusing to hear Lucic going off about that stuff. This fuckin' guy serves up so many pizzas he's sponsored by Domino's and Little Caesar's.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of twitter talk about Darryl Sutter this morning...

I do admit that after the turnaround job he did in LA it's a little surprising he never got another look anywhere.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geoff Ward certainly isn't making it any easier to trade Sam Bennett by scratching him. The only reason it would make any sense would be if a trade is imminent.