• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*scans list*
*doesn't see Moneyhands, Bennett or Gaudreau*
*grabs phone*

Milano, Wennberg, Korpisalo and Nutivaara for Moneyhands, Smith and Bennett

There's a Trade Gaudreau article on The Atlantic this morning and it's from a local Calgary guy. It has begun.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a Trade Gaudreau article on The Atlantic this morning and it's from a local Calgary guy. It has begun.

I would ask for Gaudreau except for two things:
1) We already have a miniature underachiever who wears 13
2) He no like da cannon

tumblr_pj8miu9fSa1qdy56ro1_400.gifv

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a 30 goal scorer Dash... You need ..

images

We will take that little Johnny off your hands.

He may have scored 30 goals total in the last Three years combined (don't fact check)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
3. I do think, however, that GM Brad Treliving will try to breathe new life into the group.

images

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brad, what did you expect when you brought a bunch of Oilers onto this team?!?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take.babcock?

Bill Peters is a Mike Babcock protege (worked with Babs in Detroit) so no, I don't think Babcock is the answer. I think the coach is fine, the GM failed miserably this past off-season and made this team worse.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Peters is a Mike Babcock protege (worked with Babs in Detroit) so no, I don't think Babcock is the answer. I think the coach is fine, the GM failed miserably this past off-season and made this team worse.

Even all the way back in juniors at Spokane, Bill followed Babs. And won a Memorial Cup in the process.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on how the Flames went about acquiring players this offseason maybe GM Brad thinks Craig MacTavish is the answer. Spengler Cup is just an audition.

/Sorry dash

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on how the Flames went about acquiring players this offseason maybe GM Brad thinks Craig MacTavish is the answer. Spengler Cup is just an audition.

/Sorry dash

It's funny Kenny, I mean sure I want to see the Flames do well, but as I get older, I find myself becoming less and less of a fan of the NHL. There's several reasons for this, but I find myself watching more amateur/university sports or sports where your compensation is determined by how well you perform (like tennis). I see several guys just going through the motions game after game for the Flames and I think, why should I bother tuning in to watch these chumps when I think I care more than they do?!?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny Kenny, I mean sure I want to see the Flames do well, but as I get older, I find myself becoming less and less of a fan of the NHL. There's several reasons for this, but I find myself watching more amateur/university sports or sports where your compensation is determined by how well you perform (like tennis). I see several guys just going through the motions game after game for the Flames and I think, why should I bother tuning in to watch these chumps when I think I care more than they do?!?

Fair enough. I still love watching the NHL even when my team has the worst roster in the league (or at least bottom 3) but I get what you're saying. At some point we're just cheering for coaches to get these players in gear.

Don't know what the problem is in Calgary but it looks bad. Reminds me of the 2007-08 Sens. So much talent on that team but they limped into the playoffs after starting like 19-3. Turns out that the team had become developed cliques. One liked the glamour and the partying and the other was a dedicated group of guys. Wonder if that's the case with the Flames. I kind of got that vibe from Tkachuk in his statements.

For what it's worth I love team sports (playing and watching) but I've always preferred the pressure of individual sports like golf and tennis (both playing and watching).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see TJ Brodie back in the lineup and he just scored his first goal of the season :thumb:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the Flames have been this season, they are still tied for 3rd in the division (although other teams do have games in hand).