• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Lead out of Ottawa

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude saved the Sens and then did the bare minimum to make them a good team while Bryan Murray made chicken salad out of chicken shit. That’s about as much good as you can say about him because as bad as an owner as he was he was a much worse pharma exec. and seemed to be an asshole in general.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62 is too young. All hockey and business aside I feel for his family.

RIP

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, 62 is way too young especially when it's just around the corner for me.

Buddy, that was about four corners in your rearview mirror. :heh:

But back to Melnyk; he saved the franchise in 2003. No matter what else he did after, he deserves some gratitude for that.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t give him the the Dollar Bill treatment and just say RIP.

/That being said, did the forensic investigation conclude he did in fact pass away?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/That being said, did the forensic investigation conclude he did in fact pass away?
Not .. not gunna lie . I snorted

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty confident that I know the forensic story genesis. I have it from a good source that when Karlsson came in with his severed Achilles that the attending doctor (who I may or may not have talked to) said that that an Achilles would not have been so thoroughly severed without force that suggested intent.

Melnyk heard this and went down the forensic route. No questions asked.

While it's possible that a shithead like Cooke would intentionally sever a player like EK's tendon, I think the truth is slightly less malicious. I think Cooke went in for a hard slew foot on a star player and missed. He should never have planted his foot against another player like that but I doubt he meant to cut an Achilles.

My source tells me Melnyk never bought that (at least early on) and just wanted blood because EK was the Sens meal ticket.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t have an Athletic subscription so don’t know what else this article has in it (my understanding is it’s pretty damning on ol’ Gene, including lots of misogyny and homophobia because he was a true fucking asshole of the highest order) but this is fucking hilarious.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t have an Athletic subscription so don’t know what else this article has in it (my understanding is it’s pretty damning on ol’ Gene, including lots of misogyny and homophobia because he was a true fucking asshole of the highest order) but this is fucking hilarious.

Oh someone needs to get the rest of these details .. wow

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh someone needs to get the rest of these details .. wow

It's a pretty long read, but here's a pretty funny snippet...

Melnyk then made a memorable vow to the players, promising if they ever won the Stanley Cup, their rings would be the size of animals. “He started by saying they would be the size of beavers. Then he said they would be the size of deer,” says a former player. “And then it was (that) the rings would be the size of a moose. It just got progressively bigger.”