• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Lead out of Ottawa

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again it's all Eugene's fault. He'll only pay for one Uber per schedule stop.

What do you expect when you pile 7 guys into one ride?!?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after reporting to his new team, an appreciative Carter was told the private driver for Capitals general manager George McPhee (now GM of the Vegas Golden Knights) would take him to his condo in New York so he could grab some belongings before the team's next game in Philadelphia.

Sitting in the back seat, Carter says he was on the phone with his hairstylist to help arrange her flight to New York from Edmonton, where he had played the previous season. When you have dreadlocks and find someone who does your hair properly, says the Toronto native, you go to great lengths to have them see you.

About two weeks later, Carter was summoned to Capitals head coach Glen Hanlon's office.

"He was ripping me about something and later said, 'We do you a favour to let you get your stuff in New York and you're taking advantage of flying in broads and partying?'"

Shocked at the accusation, Carter left the meeting to join his teammates at practice but couldn't stop thinking about his coach's words. He later infered that McPhee's driver must have twisted the story and told the GM and/or Hanlon.

"He probably heard 'Female, flying in early, on a day off,'" Carter says of the driver. "He's not hearing about her doing my hair. I was pissed. This was an invasion of my privacy. Someone was eavesdropping on the conversation and [the Capitals] either planted this guy … and that was not a good look."

Carter, who was dealt to the Los Angeles Kings less than six weeks later, said he never discussed the matter further with either McPhee or Hanlon and hasn't had the opportunity to do so since. Hanlon now coaches in Hungary.

'I don't trust any of these Uber drivers,' says former NHLer Anson Carter | CBC Sports

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maxresdefault.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Citizen: Sens denied reporter from charter - TSN.ca

I'd like to think this is because some of the players involved are pissed at the Citizen for hosting the video and management wants all involved to just cool down. However, I'd be willing to bet this is just more of Melnyk's ego and all the pettiness that comes with it. Either way they should have kicked Garrioch, and or, Brennan off to save on Eugene's catering bill.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking good tonight up 5-1.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa Citizen, who broke both the Uber story and the Twitter campaign investigation, is a very strange name for a Toronto media organization :rolleyes:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa Citizen, who broke both the Uber story and the Twitter campaign investigation, is a very strange name for a Toronto media organization :rolleyes:

Welllllll, it was a joke but since you brought it up the Citizen is a postmedia holding. Which is a Toronto corporation. :thumb::trash:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah sure Ian.... Right up there with Sean Avery deserving one

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah sure Ian.... Right up there with Sean Avery deserving one

Well 7 seasons is a stretch in that he played 1,3 and 25 games in three of those. He was still a really fun player to watch so I'm good with a tribute. He won't get one I would suspect and it's not only because of the Karlsson thing. Hoffman has a pretty substantial reputation in Ottawa as a huge douchebag. He just seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about the Sens, they must be fun as hell to watch this season. At the top in goals for and at the bottom in goals against.