• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Lead out of Ottawa

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe shitty reporters can finally retire the stupid "X won't sign for a Canadian team" trope already?

Do you

- think Toronto has the assets without destroying your future for EK?
- think Ottawa would trade him there?
- think the leafs would win a cup with him, this year?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you

- think Toronto has the assets without destroying your future for EK?
- think Ottawa would trade him there?
- think the leafs would win a cup with him, this year?
No, yes and no.

I just don't see the Sens or anyone else viewing someone like Liljegren or Johnsson or Kapanen as top-flight prospects, and they're right. We really won't know what the Leafs have in Liljegren until after this season IMO, and Johnsson/Kapanen could range anywhere from Connor Brown (3rd/4th line winger, does no wrong but doesn't wow) to what JVR was the last few years. Even if TB were to hold onto their top guys, they still can do better than that.

Trading Dermott doesn't make sense either with Gardiner coming up on UFA. Having a cost-controlled LD for the next few years is a luxury this team cannot afford to give up.

So that leaves the Leafs trading one of Marner or Nylander, and honestly, much as I like EK, it isn't worth it. The Leafs can't win a Cup by losing one of those two even with adding EK. They still need to be the most dominant offensive team in the league to have a chance at even getting out of the division series and losing 70 pts makes the chances of being that ahead of TB almost non-existent.

But the Sens would trade him here if the deal was better than the other options, especially after they screwed up the Hoffman trade. They need to take the best deal available and not give a shit about anything else. At least I would think they would (you never know with that crew).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't find a non-French version of this but Johnny Oduya was pretty unimpressed with how the Sens did stuff.

Johnny Oduya remet en question la stabilité des Sénateurs

"I do not know how to describe it, but an organization like this does not have the same traditions or the same stability," he continued. As soon as a problem occurs, the house of cards collapses rather quickly. There was a significant difference compared to other teams I played with, where there was a stronger tradition and a little more structure. "

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't find a non-French version of this but Johnny Oduya was pretty unimpressed with how the Sens did stuff.

Johnny Oduya remet en question la stabilité des Sénateurs

"I do not know how to describe it, but an organization like this does not have the same traditions or the same stability," he continued. As soon as a problem occurs, the house of cards collapses rather quickly. There was a significant difference compared to other teams I played with, where there was a stronger tradition and a little more structure. "

Starts with Ownership.

I believe the Canucks are not far off from this with our ownership.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starts with Ownership.

I believe the Canucks are not far off from this with our ownership.
The Canucks aren't cheap, though. Ownership there is meddlesome but they want to win and will pay to do so.

In Ottawa, the players have to pay for parking and there are lock boxes over the thermostats.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canucks aren't cheap, though. Ownership there is meddlesome but they want to win and will pay to do so.

In Ottawa, the players have to pay for parking and there are lock boxes over the thermostats.

Didn't know the. Bottom part. Wow.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
read on the tweets today that the Sens have only about 4,000 season ticket sales (full season packages).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read on the tweets today that the Sens have only about 4,000 season ticket sales (full season packages).

Not surprised. Thousands of dollars were raised to put up a billboard against the owner. He is hated.

Most people I know won't give Melnyk another dime.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta wonder how much the league is going to be floating this team to avoid bankruptcy in the near future. Assuming they're the barn fire they're expected to be, with no lottery pick as a reward due to utterly incompetent GM'ing, I'm kinda surprised they even convinced 4000 to buy packages.

The city is nuts if they actually wind up giving these asshats a dime for a new barn.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I wish this was done years ago with Spezza so it would be perfect with this

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger said on 1050 today that he thinks Karlsson will be moved this week.

He also said that Nylander is asking the Leafs for $8 mil.

Expect Karlsson to be moved at the deadline and Nylander to get under $7 mil.