• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this supposedly highly liberal town ran off an sports franchise that feature primarily ethnic players (Sonics) and welcomes with open arms a franchise that features primarily white players. Uh huh.

Was it the town or the Sonics owner looking for a sweet deal somewhere else?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this supposedly highly liberal town ran off an sports franchise that feature primarily ethnic players (Sonics) and welcomes with open arms a franchise that features primarily white players. Uh huh.
i hope you are just trying to be sarcastic PV. As a long time Seattle fan, I'm sure you are more aware of the history of the Sonics demise.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this to all this discussion. The huge renovation to the Key Arena for this should open the door to the return of the NBA. At least, I hope so.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this to all this discussion. The huge renovation to the Key Arena for this should open the door to the return of the NBA. At least, I hope so.

I must admit I'm very surprised that a NHL team is coming to Seattle before another NBA team, but I think it's only a matter of time before the NBA is back in Seattle.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope you are just trying to be sarcastic PV. As a long time Seattle fan, I'm sure you are more aware of the history of the Sonics demise.
I'm also aware that they sold off the last two years of the Sonic lease on Key Arena to ClayClay for a measly $40 million. If they had forced Bennett to stay and honor lease, who knows what might have happened? Maybe a referendum is passed to update the Key. I do remember more than one 'liberal' city council person saying that the NBA had no cultural value in Seattle. Odds are that council person never took a ride down to Rainier Beach.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also aware that they sold off the last two years of the Sonic lease on Key Arena to ClayClay for a measly $40 million. If they had forced Bennett to stay and honor lease, who knows what might have happened? Maybe a referendum is passed to update the Key. I do remember more than one 'liberal' city council person saying that the NBA had no cultural value in Seattle. Odds are that council person never took a ride down to Rainier Beach.
Yeah, I see what you're saying now. Of course, fucking politicians are idiots on a good day so I don't pay much attention to them. I think it's safe to say as soon as that fuck bought the Sonics, the writing was on the wall though. The guy wanted to move to OKC all along, imo. I'm more pissed off at the NBA being so gutless in that mess. I think the Key was in big need of an upgrade too and at least, now, that is happening with this move. I'm hoping the Sonics make a return to the city though. I think it's a great area with a great fan base. I lived in Tacoma for awhile and always loved the diversity and the area's love for it's sports teams.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I'm very surprised that a NHL team is coming to Seattle before another NBA team, but I think it's only a matter of time before the NBA is back in Seattle.
I think people underestimate the Seattle area a little in regards to hockey. I think this will be a huge success and with them having that extra year to get the arena fully ready, the ownership can get the right management and hockey people in there and although, I don't expect another Vegas scenario, they can be competitive and the Vancouver rivalry will be great for the league.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Sounds like some dumbass WNBA team name.

From the list, Totems works for me. Give the uniforms some of the those Seahawks like colors and PACNW tribal art touches, and looking real good.
Just never use “Action Green” as the primary. That color the sounders uses is as ugly as fuck.

I’d be fine with it if they just stole everything from the Thunderbirds too. Name, look, all of it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta go with Cougars at this point. The mascot will be a slam dunk, saving thousands on mascot market research.

11017581_653730731419575_242469951_n.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I don't know Kenny, those cougars in Prince George might have something to say about that name.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And King5's Chris Daniels needs to stfu about the fucking "Kraken" and all these other moronic names like "Freeze".

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Dash. I thought that was what it was but then heard about breaking ground and wondered.

I was hoping that it was going to be a brand new building in the SoDo district (close to CenturyLink and Safeco Field), but I think the Seattle politicians definitely preferred renovating Key Arena.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I'm mistaken regarding the arena. Are they actually building a brand new facility?
No, they're gutting and renovating Key Arena.

I believe the Key Arena roof is a designated historical landmark (lol) in Seattle so theyre essentially building a brand new arena underneath of it ... digging underground to lower the arena floor to increase capacity. I heard the price tag is approaching 1 bill. for this. :gaah:

/I keep hearing some (mostly people in Vancouver :L ) say this is bad area of Seattle ... Am i wrong in saying that Seattle is doing to this area what Vancouver did to the False Creek area of downtown? Residential towers going up like crazy to densify? This is the direction Amazon is building towers in too right? towards South Lake Union? Can I see Bezos Balls from the arena ???

:sly:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price tag I have heard is $700 mil. As far as the area, I really don't have any first hand knowledge but from everything I've read, it's a big tourist area so I think this just makes it better. I don't know of any real issues with the area but my knowledge of Seattle is pretty much limited to the Pike Place area and Safeco/ Clink which isn't far away.

I often heard people talk about so-called bad areas when I lived in the area. Tacoma had a really bad area in the 90's called hilltop but when I was there, I went there lots of times without any issue. The east side had some gang issues but nobody ever fucked with me when I went there either. My stepson and his GF lived down there and we often visited. I've never had any problems in that whole Sea/Tac area but maybe I was just lucky. Or maybe they know I'm Canadian and are "skurred". Lol :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN Mock-up - The Seattle Needles :D

733aabac3fa6429533b7df4c652ee632.jpg

giphy.gif

Name is goofy and the colors are awful.

Kraken is god awful for a name. I'm kinda hoping they do historical and go with Metropolitans or Metros for short and these unis are really sharp imo.
16268527_G.jpg

Like this name because I think it will be cool to see the Ottawa Senators play the Seattle Metropolitans. And then the Canucks can change their name to the Millionaires, or host an outdoor game with throwback Millionaires jerseys against Seattle.

I think the jersey could use some black or grey in place of the lighter green, but overall pretty solid. Like the round logo better as a primary too.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I don't know Kenny, those cougars in Prince George might have something to say about that name.

Ain't no cougars in Prince George. Those a re grizzlies. And I'm not talking about animals.