• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way in hell anyone takes that.
awful contract from the start, and his play this year has made it worse
OH yeah that would be insane for a GM to take that contract.

Wonder if Hextall is waiting on HOF GMJR to get a new gig?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other sad part is the 7 bodies they keep throwing at the 4th line Sceviour has the most goals.

Sceviour 2
Jankowski 1
Rodrigues 1 - He might have scored this goal during that top 6 "experiment" that went totally wrong.

The rest a big fat zero. As must as I enjoy Lafferty and Angello get a chance they need to score a goal at some point.
Lafferty has nothing but speed. No way he should be in the NHL. Angello has not really shown anything good or bad to me. Just a guy to eat up 6-7 minutes a night. There has to be a better option somewhere.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way in hell anyone takes that.
awful contract from the start, and his play this year has made it worse

Seattle will take the contract but it will come at the cost of Rust or somebody similar.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of waivers I wouldn't care if the waived Matheson and a team actually took him. If that meant the 4.8 million per year for the next 5 years is off the books.
Granted I doubt anyone would and the worst case (which really isn't good) he continues to play for the team.
They need a winger...move him to the wing and let Cough Drops onto the ice to take his D position

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a winger...move him to the wing and let Cough Drops onto the ice to take his D position
I still have my doubts that would work but if they must that would do.
He could then play point on a PP and never again have Malkin back there.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read where Matheson played some wing last year

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry upfront about #1 to the folks with red hair. You are yet to prove me wrong that you have souls. :D :suds:

A few more negatives about Matheson:

1. He is a soulless ginger.
2. He isn't even the best hockey player in his household.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry upfront about #1 to the folks with red hair. You are yet to prove me wrong that you have souls. :D :suds:

A few more negatives about Matheson:

1. He is a soulless ginger.
2. He isn't even the best hockey player in his household.
Black heart and no soul :rockon:

and yes, I’d rather see his wife out there.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, now not only are the Pens not playing PO Joseph, but Marino too? :L

I mean, you feel the need to send a message, you don't think it should be the turnover machines that are Letang, Matheson or Pettersson? you think it should be arguably the 2 best Dmen you have? FFS Pettersson should have been waived, let alone benched, after that shitshow Tuesday against NYR. But no, don't sit him. Sit Marino instead...fuck you Sully!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, now not only are the Pens not playing PO Joseph, but Marino too? :L

I mean, you feel the need to send a message, you don't think it should be the turnover machines that are Letang, Matheson or Pettersson? you think it should be arguably the 2 best Dmen you have? FFS Pettersson should have been waived, let alone benched, after that shitshow Tuesday against NYR. But no, don't sit him. Sit Marino instead...fuck you Sully!
I guess they are trying to say Marino is day to day:

I hope this is true because Marino and PO Joseph should be getting 20-25 minutes a game and let the other 7 shitty d-men rotate through.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they are trying to say Marino is day to day:

I hope this is true because Marino and PO Joseph should be getting 20-25 minutes a game and let the other 7 shitty d-men rotate through.
ok, I hadn't heard he was injured. it's still no excuse to be playing the likes of Pettersson, Ruhwedel, Rikkola, Matheson or Freidman (yeah, I get he's actually out right now, but still) ahead of Joseph.

the only ones I may give a pass on are Friedman just because of the new GM and his relationship with him. not excusable but I can understand Sully predicament there. new GM brings in guy he drafted with old team? yeah, that's probably gonna be a little awkward for him, at least in the beginning.

the other is Matheson, you hate to see it, but when a guy gets signed to a contract like Matheson's, they're going to get played regardless

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I hadn't heard he was injured. it's still no excuse to be playing the likes of Pettersson, Ruhwedel, Rikkola, Matheson or Freidman (yeah, I get he's actually out right now, but still) ahead of Joseph.

the only ones I may give a pass on are Friedman just because of the new GM and his relationship with him. not excusable but I can understand Sully predicament there. new GM brings in guy he drafted with old team? yeah, that's probably gonna be a little awkward for him, at least in the beginning.

the other is Matheson, you hate to see it, but when a guy gets signed to a contract like Matheson's, they're going to get played regardless
POj was not playing well.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while he wasn't perfect or without fault (same with Marino), he was certainly playing better than any of stiffs mentioned above.
Yeah I agree neither was great but when together they seemed to gel. Also in a short season like this one there is no excuse to not play your top 2 d-men of the future. On top of the fact they both give a better chance of winning vs the other garbage they have.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree neither was great but when together they seemed to gel. Also in a short season like this one there is no excuse to not play your top 2 d-men of the future. On top of the fact they both give a better chance of winning vs the other garbage they have.
They have been winning with him removed...dude needs to log more minutes in WB