• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rust and McGinn got their 10th goals. That gives them 6 players with double digit goals. Then Heinen and Kapanen with 9.

Essentially they are the anti-Oilers when it comes to scoring depth.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle with the goal!

Finally they are blowing out the Coyotes. Really no excuse why they were in the game that long.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FKCTZhGXMAIqiA7

Pizza Yes GIF

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Fuck Jeff Carter really means fuck Brian Rust and screw the cap space needed to pay him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Carter deal. Keeps the team strong up the middle, which has been a model of success for them in the past. And ensures they'll have a penalty killer with a little extra offensive punch moving forward, other than Blueger. They've got other options available to them to ensure they can retain a guy like Rust, too, I think.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Carter deal. Keeps the team strong up the middle, which has been a model of success for them in the past. And ensures they'll have a penalty killer with a little extra offensive punch moving forward, other than Blueger. They've got other options available to them to ensure they can retain a guy like Rust, too, I think.
I'm not sure if I'd keep Rust

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I'd keep Rust
Yeah, I'm actually 50/50 on it, too. He's a good player, but I'm not sure he is independently good, or if he's so good because he plays with Crosby or Malkin most of the time. Guentzel is clearly good on his own, but I'm not yet convinced of the same for Rust. (And that top line produces a ton, but they're a bit of a defensive liability, despite Crosby being a good defender, and Rust is supposed to be solid in his own end, so I wonder if he's falling short on that.)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope. Essentially they are keeping their win at all costs mode going. Not a bad thing but no centers in the system to take over isn't good.

As for Rust if they are keeping the win at all costs going they need to keep him. He works well with both Crosby and Malkin he is the perfect forward for their system. And honestly I doubt they bring back ZAR so that difference in salary should cover Carters bump.

NOTE: Let me add per the other comment about Rust. You can't pay him Guentzel money but if he demands it you let him walk.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matheson's play has made him move-able this year, if they trust Joseph or Riikola to take over that spot. Matheson has been really good, but he's still only the 5th best defenseman on the team, so they could stand to move him, and it would save some money. But his play also means they don't have to, which is a good place to be. Zucker, unfortunately, needs to stay healthy and step up, because he's been too unhealthy and unproductive to either trade or count on. But maybe Malkin and/or Lethang will take less money on their next contracts, since they're getting a little older, which would also free up some room, but that's no guarantee (and they're both probably worth the money besides).