• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. The Oilers don’t have any glaring needs. With Schultz, Ladi Smid and Jeff Petry, the Oilers have three outstanding-to-solid young d-men to build around, so the notion of trading for expensive Dion Phaneuf or less proven Jake Gardiner isn’t enticing. In Montreal, P.K. Subban is going to have a large price tag, too, and I know this will mark me as an Oilers fan, but I don’t love Subban’s game more than Petry’s game, certainly not when you factor in Petry’s low contract. Winnipeg has the likes of Dustin Byfuglien, Zach Bogosian and Tobias Enstrom, but you don’t trade a first overall pick for those kind of pieces. USA star d-man Jacob Trouba? That’s an interesting name raised by Ralph, but not in a Yakupov trade. Young d-men take forever to develop and are far more uncertain quantities than young forwards.

Trade Nail Yakupov? Not if you want to win a Stanley Cup. | Edmonton Journal

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with them. That team is stacked and ready for multiple championship runs. I dare anybody to find a better D corps.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last three years, the Oilers have finished 30th, 30th, and 29th, yet they have no glaring needs according to David Staples. To be fair, Justin Schultz looks to be the real deal on defense and should help, but they stil have a suspect defense corps and the goaltending situation is still shaky.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wouldnt they want to trade for Gardiner??? Gardiner is unproven??? and Schultz isnt???

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade the Yak!!!

Yak-3-flying_brdr_2.jpg

wild-yak.jpg

yakupovgetty.jpg

:D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The last three years, the Oilers have finished 30th, 30th, and 29th, yet they have no glaring needs according to David Staples. To be fair, Justin Schultz looks to be the real deal on defense and should help, but they stil have a suspect defense corps and the goaltending situation is still shaky.

I would have put money on the author being Dan Tencer. I guess 'retard is contagious'

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wouldnt they want to trade for Gardiner??? Gardiner is unproven??? and Schultz isnt???

I guess Gardiner is currently out with a concussion, but in my opinion, Gardiner is the best defenseman on the Leafs.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I think the Oilers should have selected Seguin instead of Taylor Hall. A 1-2 punch of RNH and Seguin down the middle would look very good.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers don’t have any glaring needs. With Schultz, Ladi Smid and Jeff Petry, the Oilers have three outstanding-to-solid young d-men to build around...

That at the beginning and followed by this at the end made me laugh.

Young d-men take forever to develop and are far more uncertain quantities than young forwards.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I think the Oilers should have selected Seguin instead of Taylor Hall. A 1-2 punch of RNH and Seguin down the middle would look very good.

I agree. Usually teams take the Center over the Winger. It will be interesting to see whether MacKinnon goes ahead of Drouin in 2013. In this particular case I would take the Winger.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard they wanted to pick him, but he wouldn't answer his banana?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. The Oilers don�t have any glaring needs. With Schultz, Ladi Smid and Jeff Petry, the Oilers have three outstanding-to-solid young d-men to build around, so the notion of trading for expensive Dion Phaneuf or less proven Jake Gardiner isn�t enticing. In Montreal, P.K. Subban is going to have a large price tag, too, and I know this will mark me as an Oilers fan, but I don�t love Subban�s game more than Petry�s game, certainly not when you factor in Petry�s low contract. Winnipeg has the likes of Dustin Byfuglien, Zach Bogosian and Tobias Enstrom, but you don�t trade a first overall pick for those kind of pieces. USA star d-man Jacob Trouba? That�s an interesting name raised by Ralph, but not in a Yakupov trade. Young d-men take forever to develop and are far more uncertain quantities than young forwards.

Trade Nail Yakupov? Not if you want to win a Stanley Cup. | Edmonton Journal

You cant make this stuff up....

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don’t love Subban’s game more than Petry’s game"

I can play this game too:

I don't love Hall's game more than Winnik's game"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reply by Staples to one of the comments on his blog:

...having watched Petry last season, it appeared to me that he played strong hockey against strong competition, the mark of a top-pairing NHL dman

If he had nicer legs, David could make the Octane cheerleading crew.