• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it's still the same but box seat catering at the ACC included Pizza Pizza pizza and chicken wings.

Considering a box can go for up to $25k that's larceny.
box food at Rogers Arena back in the day was pretty spectacular. I dont know what it is now that I am poor lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went to one last season.
concession quality pizza, wings, charcuterie board, some veggies, popcorn
the fridge was packed full though, which was niceView attachment 311144

I remember the days of 2 beers per period... those days are long gone lol

tumblr_mpxu2mF95e1r5s47zo8_r1_500.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 7-UP which means the following is obligatory...mainly for the Lukowich content :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers getting a lot of love from the pundits - Certainly they're a playoff team barring McDavid missing significant time.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it's still the same but box seat catering at the ACC included Pizza Pizza pizza and chicken wings.

Considering a box can go for up to $25k that's larceny.
I got to sit in the box for a Red Wings game in Detroit for a work thing. They had Little Caesar's pizza. FIVE DOLLAH HOT N READY

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the other Soup was starting the season healthy there'd be Selke picks for him by the same guys who wanted to bench him last year.

Jack Campbell is definitely first in line for the Vezina.

If 34 other goalies suddenly retire.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I remember the days of 2 beers per period... those days are long gone lol
my worst was playoffs 2007. first round against Dallas, where games were going to multiple overtimes.
first game was 4OT, and there were a couple more along the way.
sidenote: Marty Turco got three shutouts and lost the series.

so, a guy in my hockeypool had season tickets, and sent a blast out that he was selling the game 7 tix, as he wouldn't be able to handle the stress.
I snapped them up, brought along another guy in the pool.

the game was 1-1 going into the 3rd, and it looked like neither goalie would be beaten for a long, long time.
they stop beer sales at 10 minute mark of the 3rd, so we stocked up on beer for a long, night, and I mean STOCKED.
Only allowed to buy 2 beers each per trip, must have had 8 each piled up for the rest of the evening (after drinking pretty steadily throughout).

Linden scored midway through the 3rd period, but we were still pretty sure Dallas would tie it up. Picked up the pace a little bit. It wasn't until the empty netter that we felt this panic. hammered back as many as we could. I think held a couple of beers in my jacket for the walk home, but drank the rest way too quickly.

my buddy lived above a bar on Beatty Street, so we had to drop in to celebrate the game 7 win, as he was friends with the bartender.
Bartender draws us a pitcher on the house. ugh

I lived further west on the edge of yaletown, and managed to walk home, get in the house, walk upstairs to the bedroom.
we had a walk-through closet to the ensuite. That's where my wife found me in the morning. Passed out on the closet floor.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my worst was playoffs 2007. first round against Dallas, where games were going to multiple overtimes.
first game was 4OT, and there were a couple more along the way.
sidenote: Marty Turco got three shutouts and lost the series.

so, a guy in my hockeypool had season tickets, and sent a blast out that he was selling the game 7 tix, as he wouldn't be able to handle the stress.
I snapped them up, brought along another guy in the pool.

the game was 1-1 going into the 3rd, and it looked like neither goalie would be beaten for a long, long time.
they stop beer sales at 10 minute mark of the 3rd, so we stocked up on beer for a long, night, and I mean STOCKED.
Only allowed to buy 2 beers each per trip, must have had 8 each piled up for the rest of the evening (after drinking pretty steadily throughout).

Linden scored midway through the 3rd period, but we were still pretty sure Dallas would tie it up. Picked up the pace a little bit. It wasn't until the empty netter that we felt this panic. hammered back as many as we could. I think held a couple of beers in my jacket for the walk home, but drank the rest way too quickly.

my buddy lived above a bar on Beatty Street, so we had to drop in to celebrate the game 7 win, as he was friends with the bartender.
Bartender draws us a pitcher on the house. ugh

I lived further west on the edge of yaletown, and managed to walk home, get in the house, walk upstairs to the bedroom.
we had a walk-through closet to the ensuite. That's where my wife found me in the morning. Passed out on the closet floor.

was that the old townhouse?

I had tix to that game but didn't go. but I was at the 4 OT game with my brother.

wife called me super late and said where are you? Im at the game... its almost 1AM she said the games over... turn on the TV I said.... lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
was that the old townhouse?

I had tix to that game but didn't go. but I was at the 4 OT game with my brother.

wife called me super late and said where are you? Im at the game... its almost 1AM she said the games over... turn on the TV I said.... lol
yeah. what a great location to get to events.
You and I had several unnecessary post-game pitchers in Yaletown as well, usually at Phats.
those are the ones that get you.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. what a great location to get to events.
You and I had several unnecessary post-game pitchers in Yaletown as well, usually at Phats.
those are the ones that get you.

yup. I remember those with fond but headachey memories.