• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly, some very favorable officiating assisted the Oilers in their comeback win tonight. It's going to be quite embarrassing for the zebeas when Adam Erne gets suspended for a blatant elbow to the head yet it only resulted in a minor penalty. Then in the final minute, Draisaitl gets away with a blatant hold and the Oilers tie it up with the goalie out and go on to win in OT.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly, some very favorable officiating assisted the Oilers in their comeback win tonight. It's going to be quite embarrassing for the zebeas when Adam Erne gets suspended for a blatant elbow to the head yet it only resulted in a minor penalty. Then in the final minute, Draisaitl gets away with a blatant hold and the Oilers tie it up with the goalie out and go on to win in OT.
Can't have Connor miss the playoffs dash

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't have Connor miss the playoffs dash

I don't really subscribe to these conspiracy theories, I think it's more a case of referee incompetence. That hit last night checked all the boxes for a 5 min major and getting tossed from the game, yet they only called a 2 min minor. I mean, the Kraken aren't completely off the hook either, they did screw the pooch late in period 3.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why that face-off in the Kraken zone (the second one in the video) isn't face-off interference on Pissy...

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he see game 10? i doubt it with their cap situation
I could be 100% wrong but I think any bonuses count at the end of the year towards next year‘s cap, but like I said I’m not sure

/either way they are screwed lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I could be 100% wrong but I think any bonuses count at the end of the year towards next year‘s cap, but like I said I’m not sure
You are correct. If you don't have room for bonuses under this year's cap, they transfer forward.
Thereby fucking Edmonton's cap space next year.

But hey, he was a mcjebus teammate in junior, so well worth it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never tire of watching McDavid and Draisaitl skate like demons into the offensive zone and then coast back into their defensive zone and get a great view of a 4-on-4 goal being scored by the opposition.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Ryan walks Sergachev and then cashes in to give the Oil a 3-2 lead.

/Two goals today for the former Spokane Chief.
// @naslundfan19 likes this

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the pre-season Stanley Cup favourite Edmonton Oilers struggling to develop momentum, Premier Danielle Smith blamed the team’s performance on the Liberal government’s carbon tax.

“Alberta’s capital has been suffering greatly under the Federal government’s hostile attitude to the oil industry, and one need look no further than our beloved hockey team,” the Premier to a raucous crowd of supporters. “We told you how Ottawa’s regulations will be a burden on Canadians’ wallets, and now Leon Draisaitl can’t even buy a goal!”

“Before the devastating carbon tax, the Oilers won five Stanley Cups”, Smith pointed out, “but since Trudeau introduced the carbon tax, they haven’t even made it to the finals. The numbers don’t lie”.