• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I first learned about the transitive property in math class, the simple math tells me that the Oilers would have to win 45 of their remaining 70 games to get to 95 points this season (that's a .643 winning percentage in case you are wondering).
Hey, while you are doing math I have another question? How many goals do they need to score to get 410? :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the Oilers are right up against the cap, Holland couldn't really do anything even if he wanted to (aside from parting with one of McDavid, Draisaitl or Nuge). That's not going to happen.
They have all their picks for the next few years and an ok prospect pool. Trade Ceci, Brown and good assets for Saros and a defenceman. Spend more to get a scoring winger like Konecny out of Philly. If they offer enough shit they can probably even pawn Campbell off on a tanker (his buyout cap relief is actually not terrible).

Do your actual job. Stop being a bitch lol what's the worst thing that happens? It doesn't work, you get fired, the next guy trades Drai McD RNH Hyman Ekholm etc. and they re-stock the cupboard.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have all their picks for the next few years and an ok prospect pool. Trade Ceci, Brown and good assets for Saros and a defenceman. Spend more to get a scoring winger like Konecny out of Philly. If they offer enough shit they can probably even pawn Campbell off on a tanker (his buyout cap relief is actually not terrible).

Do your actual job. Stop being a bitch lol what's the worst thing that happens? It doesn't work, you get fired, the next guy trades Drai McD RNH Hyman Ekholm etc. and they re-stock the cupboard.

I like the bolded part...

What's the old line, when you're sinking, other GM's aren't throwing you life preservers, they're throwing you anchors.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oil is still at 13/1 to win the cup. 14 points out of 3rd in the Pacific. 8 points out of the last wild card. Making the playoffs is doable since it’s still early in the season but they’re still behind 8 teams.

Those are horrific odds

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol good one
Should clarify, you're overpaying to ditch the first two and then overpaying to get the third lol.

But why should they do anything otherwise? This season is pretty much it unless they want to risk keeping Drai and then losing him for nothing if he doesn't sign.

Oil is still at 13/1 to win the cup. 14 points out of 3rd in the Pacific. 8 points out of the last wild card. Making the playoffs is doable since it’s still early in the season but they’re still behind 8 teams.

Those are horrific odds
I think the pause is because all the teams from the WC spots on down kinda suck or really suck. One heater from McD and Drai, even with this shit roster construction, and they can probably climb it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the Oilers are right up against the cap, Holland couldn't really do anything even if he wanted to (aside from parting with one of McDavid, Draisaitl or Nuge). That's not going to happen.
Because they all have no trade clauses

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

feat37xfljzb1.png

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Those are horrific odds
A buddy I was playing hockey with last night is too much of a flames fan.
He was taking even money that the Flames would make the playoffs.

Everyone in earshot took some action. Lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least things are going well with their AHL squad!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. The Oilers don’t have any glaring needs. With Schultz, Ladi Smid and Jeff Petry, the Oilers have three outstanding-to-solid young d-men to build around, so the notion of trading for expensive Dion Phaneuf or less proven Jake Gardiner isn’t enticing. In Montreal, P.K. Subban is going to have a large price tag, too, and I know this will mark me as an Oilers fan, but I don’t love Subban’s game more than Petry’s game, certainly not when you factor in Petry’s low contract. Winnipeg has the likes of Dustin Byfuglien, Zach Bogosian and Tobias Enstrom, but you don’t trade a first overall pick for those kind of pieces. USA star d-man Jacob Trouba? That’s an interesting name raised by Ralph, but not in a Yakupov trade. Young d-men take forever to develop and are far more uncertain quantities than young forwards.

Trade Nail Yakupov? Not if you want to win a Stanley Cup. | Edmonton Journal
Accidentally came across this and I can't express how amazing it is to read 10 yrs later ...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
man, this is a hell of a take.
it's not fair, the other teams play defense!
didn't look who the writer is, i have a good guess