• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spector on with Halbro mentioned Oilers could try to bring in a Jordan Binnington (like it was a good thing/improvement in goal)
giphy.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spector on with Halbro mentioned Oilers could try to bring in a Jordan Binnington (like it was a good thing/improvement in goal)
giphy.gif

I mean, a significant piece would have to be leaving Edmonton as they have no cap room. Also, while the goaltending has not been good in Edmonton, that defense corps is giving up way too many scoring opportunties.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Who do you ask for in return? Hyman or RNH I guess. Although I’m not really high on either of them.

Edmonton is fucked lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Who do you ask for in return? Hyman or RNH I guess. Although I’m not really high on either of them.

Edmonton is fucked lol

Binnington for Kane, one locker room cancer for another :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Edmonton is fucked lol
probably just Campbell ... one scrub goalie with 3 more years of contract term for another :noidea: ... moving deck chairs on the titanic ... sounds good to me!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably just Campbell ... one scrub goalie with 3 more years of contract term for another :noidea: ... moving deck chairs on the titanic ... sounds good to me!

I had to check hockeydb, Binnington has a .919 save percentage this season (small sample size), I think the Blues would definitely be asking for more than just a straight swap.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Edmonton is fucked lol
Here are the NMC/NTCs on the Oil

McJesus
Drai
Nuge
Kane
Hyman
Nurse
Ekholm
Campbell

It is also the same list of players who make roughly the same or more than Binnington.

Also, St Louis has 100k in space less than Edmonton.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to trade a goalie in a league where you need like 80 of them and maybe 10 are good and another 5 okay.

Edmonton would be far better off going all in for some blue line help and hoping that gets Skinner and whoever to replacement level. Washington and Buffalo are teams toward the top end in terms of shots against but struggling to score and get shots on the opposing net. STL are in a similar basket and were trying to trade defencemen in the summer. Boston is a little banged up on the blue line but they likely realize they're going to need more help up front sooner rather than later. Those are probably where the smart GM's would be hunting around right now.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stolen from reddit NHL...

w265mtmcwzyb1.png

Im at my sons practice and on my phone but if i was on my laptop i would have done a sweet yet piss poor photoshop with jim bennings dumbass face in place of the clown in the bottom image :pout:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Terry Jones article has aged well, hasn't it?

Is there a hockey club in Canada or in next season’s Pacific Division — maybe even in all of the NHL — you’d really rather watch for the rest of this decade?

Connor McDavid is 24. He’s about to win his second Hart Trophy and third Art Ross. Leon Draisaitl is 25. He’s coming off a Hart and a Ross. For a second straight year, they were 1-2 in scoring. They’re the ultimate show in the NHL. Period. They are just now entering their ‘window.’

And what we watched from these two this year in terms of maturity, leadership, hunger, dedication to defence and so many other areas, was exceptional.

Darnell Nurse developed into a Norris Trophy caliber defenceman in front of your eyes, even if it had to be on your TV screens, this year. And what a way to finish the season, playing 62:07 minutes in Game 4 after going to OT the night before, flying back to Edmonton for the birth of his new son, Aiden.

You’ve waited for a defence to develop here and now it’s happening, with Adam Larsson coming off his best year and eager to re-up. If Oscar Klefbom returns from surgery good to go and the likes of Even Bouchard, Philip Broberg and others about to join Ethan Bear in the mix, look at all the up arrows involved.

And how impressed were you with the maturity and character of Bear this week? Yes, he made the turnover that sent Game 4 into overtime. But Bear was forced to endure the mindless social media racist comments and handled it brilliantly.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks smelling blood in the water as they almost open the scoring early.