• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh is in Canada right?

Yes sir.

Pittsburgh is a former incorporated and now geographic township in Ontario, Canada. Located within Frontenac County, it was surveyed in 1787–1788 and named for William Pitt the Younger, the then prime minister of Great Britain. It was incorporated January 1, 1850. The township was amalgamated into the city of Kingston effective January 1, 1998. The community still retains the name "Pittsburgh" within the government of Kingston.

Pittsburgh Township is home to Fort Henry, Canadian Forces Base Kingston, the Royal Military College of Canada and the historic community of Barriefield, Ontario. It includes the east side of the UNESCO-listed Rideau Canal at Kingston Mills (site of the Shafia family murders), hosts a handful of motels serving Ontario Highway 15 and former Ontario Highway 2, a federal prison (Pittsburgh and Joyceville Institutions in Joyceville, Ontario) and three museums (Military Communications and Electronics Museum, RMC Museum and MacLachlan Woodworking Museum).

Pittsburgh Township, separated from Kingston by the Cataraqui River, is linked to the downtown by the La Salle Causeway. As of 2020, a new bridge across the Cataraqui River between the La Salle Causeway and Highway 401 is under construction. It is estimated to be completed by 2022

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir.

Pittsburgh is a former incorporated and now geographic township in Ontario, Canada. Located within Frontenac County, it was surveyed in 1787–1788 and named for William Pitt the Younger, the then prime minister of Great Britain. It was incorporated January 1, 1850. The township was amalgamated into the city of Kingston effective January 1, 1998. The community still retains the name "Pittsburgh" within the government of Kingston.

Pittsburgh Township is home to Fort Henry, Canadian Forces Base Kingston, the Royal Military College of Canada and the historic community of Barriefield, Ontario. It includes the east side of the UNESCO-listed Rideau Canal at Kingston Mills (site of the Shafia family murders), hosts a handful of motels serving Ontario Highway 15 and former Ontario Highway 2, a federal prison (Pittsburgh and Joyceville Institutions in Joyceville, Ontario) and three museums (Military Communications and Electronics Museum, RMC Museum and MacLachlan Woodworking Museum).

Pittsburgh Township, separated from Kingston by the Cataraqui River, is linked to the downtown by the La Salle Causeway. As of 2020, a new bridge across the Cataraqui River between the La Salle Causeway and Highway 401 is under construction. It is estimated to be completed by 2022
Ok close enough for me. 97 for Letang DeSmith Rust and they can have Marino back.

/do they put fries on sandwiches there?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#FreeLeon

Note: in Columbus the worst he'll have to answer is questions about whether he wants to be in a bigger city (Portzline) or which of his teammates is seeing a shrink (Hedger)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#FreeLeon

Note: in Columbus the worst he'll have to answer is questions about whether he wants to be in a bigger city (Portzline) or which of his teammates is seeing a shrink (Hedger)

Edmonton media is the worst (even worse than Columbus lol). That said, those were some piss poor answers from Leon.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scary thing is I agree with Mark Spector...

I'll give Leon a pass here. The question was okay, the response was kinda snotty but the "why are you so pissy" was out of line. Anyone would shut down at that and that's without knowing if these two have a history.

Anyway, Leon needs to come to Columbus and learn from the master:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Matheson is well past his prime and like Terry Jones should hang up his microphone/tape recorder, but that's both Connor and Leon (the leaders of the team, supposedly) being very dismissive and failing to take accountability. It's like the old saying, adversity doesn't test character as much as it reveals it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Matheson is well past his prime and like Terry Jones should hang up his microphone/tape recorder, but that's both Connor and Leon (the leaders of the team, supposedly) being very dismissive and failing to take accountability. It's like the old saying, adversity doesn't test character as much as it reveals it.
Accountability for what though? There's a list of people in Edmonton who should be held accountable but I have a hard time thinking Leon or McD are among them. They're both top of the league in TOI/G, it's a miracle either isn't completely drained by now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason why Leon needs to come here. He can hide behind the others. Laine hardly ever talks to the media.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
he should have just said "our goalies suck, our defense sucks, and 85% of the forwards suck. Our coach sucks, the GM is a dinosaur, the whole front office is living in the past. Our tier 2 fans can suck it as well. Fuck I hate this place. next question."

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matheson was the one outta line and being pissy. Pretty much a “do you know who i am? How dare you not answer my questions to my satisfaction? I’m a HHOFer!”

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should have just said "our goalies suck, our defense sucks, and 85% of the forwards suck. Our coach sucks, the GM is a dinosaur, the whole front office is living in the past. Our tier 2 fans can suck it as well. Fuck I hate this place. next question."
"And another thing HOW IS IT ALWAYS SO FUCKING COLD?"

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an refreshingly honest answer…and truthful too

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that dipshit matheson wanted the players to be mad lmao … there ya go jimbo

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accountability for what though? There's a list of people in Edmonton who should be held accountable but I have a hard time thinking Leon or McD are among them. They're both top of the league in TOI/G, it's a miracle either isn't completely drained by now.

Yeah, the accountability starts with Bob Nicholson who probably never realized how cushy a gig he had with Hockey Canada.

hkn-oilers-front-office-shakeup-20150424.jpg

And I realize it's gotta be tough answering the same questions day after day from the same reporters, but feuding with the media never goes well.