• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I do like how GMs are making the agents do part of their jobs

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd time Canucks have asked Dan to do this for them lol interesting position they put him in ... work a trade for one of his clients in order for the team to sign another of his clients. Sounds like there are some Mikheyev to Pitt rumblings ... clearing that space will allow them to re-sign big Z

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd time Canucks have asked Dan to do this for them lol interesting position they put him in ... work a trade for one of his clients in order for the team to sign another of his clients. Sounds like there are some Mikheyev to Pitt rumblings ... clearing that space will allow them to re-sign big Z
i would be very happy with that. I know Z would be overpaid but I dont see him becoming Gudbranson Part Deux (kiss of death?)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be very happy with that. I know Z would be overpaid but I dont see him becoming Gudbranson Part Deux (kiss of death?)
I think Big Z got Gubberson that dumb contract from CBJ when they played as a pairing with the Flames ... that being said great in the playoffs but does 82 games of Big Z get you to the playoffs :think: I think if he walks, they may be able to sign Brenden Dillon for less and he can do the same things as Big Z if not better :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dhali just said that the Canucks have interest in bringing back Tyler Toffoli if he hits July 1st...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie and Dhali both fine with McDavid not coming out to accept the Conn Smythe trophy - Whether or not you agree with McDavid winning the trophy, he's the face of the league and people pay a lot of money to watch you play a kid's game, not including buying NHL merchandise and you can't be bothered to show up for 10-15 seconds?!?

You know what, sometimes things in life don't go your way and hard times/disappointment don't test character as much as it reveals character I think after some time passes, Connor will regret not coming out to make an appearance.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie and Dhali both fine with McDavid not coming out to accept the Conn Smythe trophy - Whether or not you agree with McDavid winning the trophy, he's the face of the league and people pay a lot of money to watch you play a kid's game, not including buying NHL merchandise and you can't be bothered to show up for 10-15 seconds?!?

You know what, sometimes things in life don't go your way and hard times/disappointment don't test character as much as it reveals character I think after some time passes, Connor will regret not coming out to make an appearance.
I expect that he would have gotten a lot of cheers and respect from his opponents, had he come out. That's the kind of moment that the NHL would have loved and could promote like mad.

I seem to remember Giguere getting a lot of respect when he did it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect that he would have gotten a lot of cheers and respect from his opponents, had he come out. That's the kind of moment that the NHL would have loved and could promote like mad.

considering how many Edmonton Fans came to Florida and bought tickets it would have been nice for them as well... I think its a great honour to get that award .

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many Oilers fans were in the building last night?!? I'm not sure of the exact number, but I think it was likely at least 3K. Those fans would have given him a resounding ovation. Even Panthers fans would have applauded him. I just find it hard to believe how many people (especially in the media) are okay with Connor being a no-show.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont respect him less for not coming back on the ice. Soul crushing loss and you ask him to go back on the ice to stand next to the trophy for a photo op with Bettman. This isnt a test of character. Im sure the same people criticizing him for not coming out would be criticizing him if he did come out as "stealing" the Panthers winning moment.

I think the regret he will feel is that as I heard this morning, his mom and dad waited there in the stands and hoped that he would come out.

As far as this being a moment to promote the hell out of ??? how??? putting it in some schmaltzy tv ads to build up some aura of extraordinary sportsmanship this league has over the other leagues ... meh Im tired of that ... try something else for a change Bettman! ... and if they planned on putting that photo op on a tshirt to sell to fans ... hard pass ... i would prefer a tshirt with this on it.

1719337684748.png

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering how many Edmonton Fans came to Florida and bought tickets it would have been nice for them as well... I think its a great honour to get that award .
my sons ball hockey coach flew to edmonton for game 6 ... and incredulously didnt take his son (both big Coiler fans for whatever reason - brown family all born here in Burnaby) ... Came back for our playoff game Saturday with no voice left ... which actually led to a late game bench minor too many men penalty (i kid you not a player didnt hear him say "get off") and cost my sons team a spot in the provincials ... FUCK YOU COILERS!!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont respect him less for not coming back on the ice. Soul crushing loss and you ask him to go back on the ice to stand next to the trophy for a photo op with Bettman. This isnt a test of character. Im sure the same people criticizing him for not coming out would be criticizing him if he did come out as "stealing" the Panthers winning moment.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, my friend. I don't see it as a photo-op with Bettman as much as a chance to acknowledge the fans in the arena one last time for a great playoff performance, He is the face of the league after all and with that comes a higher responsibility, in my opinion. Also, they present the Conn Smythe first to not steal the Panthers winning moment, like I said earlier, he's there for 15 seconds maximum and then the celebration starts.

I mean, this isn't the Lady Byng, it's the Conn Smythe, aside from winning the Cup, it's the best award you can win.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are a wise young man.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, my friend.

whenever Dash drops this statement I always get this vibe

AZsN6c.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I find myself agreeing with jstew about 95% of the time and even the 5% of the time we might disagree, it's relatively minor at least from my side lol.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I find myself agreeing with jstew about 95% of the time and even the 5% of the time we might disagree, it's relatively minor at least from my side lol.
its ok dash I know deep down inside you agree with me 100% of the time and you realize you had a trash take :thumb: lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my sons ball hockey coach flew to edmonton for game 6 ... and incredulously didnt take his son (both big Coiler fans for whatever reason - brown family all born here in Burnaby) ... Came back for our playoff game Saturday with no voice left ... which actually led to a late game bench minor too many men penalty (i kid you not a player didnt hear him say "get off") and cost my sons team a spot in the provincials ... FUCK YOU COILERS!!!

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, my friend. I don't see it as a photo-op with Bettman as much as a chance to acknowledge the fans in the arena one last time for a great playoff performance, He is the face of the league after all and with that comes a higher responsibility, in my opinion. Also, they present the Conn Smythe first to not steal the Panthers winning moment, like I said earlier, he's there for 15 seconds maximum and then the celebration starts.

I mean, this isn't the Lady Byng, it's the Conn Smythe, aside from winning the Cup, it's the best award you can win.

I always had the softer stance that a losing player should not receive that award. Yes he outscored everyone but not in game 7 in a 2-1 game. I know it wasnt from a lack of trying (maybe from a lack of PP)..... Bob was magnificent last night and should have cemented him the Conn Smythe.

If Luongo wins game 7 in Vancouver do they still give it to redneck fucktwat? I dont think so.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always had the softer stance that a losing player should not receive that award. Yes he outscored everyone but not in game 7 in a 2-1 game. I know it wasnt from a lack of trying (maybe from a lack of PP)..... Bob was magnificent last night and should have cemented him the Conn Smythe.

If Luongo wins game 7 in Vancouver do they still give it to redneck fucktwat? I dont think so.
"if my aunt had wheels shed be a bike"

hard to relitigate this but Tim Thomas had a .940 save % that entire playoffs ... and Luongo was .914 ... and in the finals v Boston he was sub 900

if Luongo got a shutout game 7 he would have been at .900 for the series ... with how bad he was on the road in Boston that series I think if the Canucks won (lord I wish they won) Tim Thomas still would have won the Conn Smythe

and would have come out to receive the award with an AK47 and dash would have applauded that great show of sportsmanship ... "thats character!" :thumb:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on if he was winning at the end of the second and how many Vancouver homer writers were allowed to vote, apparently.