• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JT Miller is from Ohio. He should come home. You need money to keep Toffoli anyway.

woodley is a huge korpi fan. Just check his tweet history lol. He said that if canucks cant get a deal with marky they should look at availability of korpi as he heard his name was shopped during the season :noidea:

Cesspool morning show producer probably wasnt listening to the show lol

/

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i honestly believe Ferland knows he will get a new concussion everytime he laces up the skates. but as there is NO insurance he will just keep this going until his contract is finished. cant the canucks step up and say sorry this is just not healthy for you and have him retired? I have no clue what the options are but man I know Ferland is playing with fire with his head.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly believe Ferland knows he will get a new concussion everytime he laces up the skates. but as there is NO insurance he will just keep this going until his contract is finished. cant the canucks step up and say sorry this is just not healthy for you and have him retired? I have no clue what the options are but man I know Ferland is playing with fire with his head.

Ferland gets paid his contract regardless of the insurance situation.

the insurance on the contract is/would have been covering/protecting the canucks. Ie if ferland suffered a career ending injury( if the contract was insured )the insurance company would continue to pay ferland and the canucks would be free and clear of paying ferland actual cash

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferland gets paid his contract regardless of the insurance situation.

the insurance on the contract is/would have been covering/protecting the canucks. Ie if ferland suffered a career ending injury( if the contract was insured )the insurance company would continue to pay ferland and the canucks would be free and clear of paying ferland actual cash

ferland
louie
beagle

honestly some of the worst contracts we have ever taken on.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ferland
louie
beagle

honestly some of the worst contracts we have ever taken on.

can add these to the list of overpays that are pressure points for the team going forward

Sutter
Roussel
Baertschi
Myers

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drance was in the cesspool this week and said next season is the window ... not just the opening but also the closing... because petey and quinn are getting 10 mill per after. Even thought thats ultra dramatic talk he does have a point imo.

Benning has to work some magic with the cap this offseason in order to add talent and get even better. Does anyone think hes capable of that?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drance was in the cesspool this week and said next season is the window ... not just the opening but also the closing... because petey and quinn are getting 10 mill per after. Even thought thats ultra dramatic talk he does have a point imo.

Benning has to work some magic with the cap this offseason in order to add talent and get even better. Does anyone think hes capable of that?

i remember that segment. its not like hes saying it will CLOSE tho? I dont remember that part but that it would just be harder going forward. I guess it depends on how the cap bounces back after the 3 flat years. Im not even sure players are able to get $10M with a flat cap. but you cant afford to lose those guys.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
halford and brough did a #shotgunjake montage yesterday morning. I made the cut lol. It was from the first one I did this year... that was a fun year with that and how the canucks played. It sucks the way it ended but that was edge of your seat tension for the way demko played. I fear for our future with they cap being flat and some of the contracts we have only because it is benning in charge of that.

still shaking my head at some of demkos saves over the last 3 games. if only we started him game 4......

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember that segment. its not like hes saying it will CLOSE tho? I dont remember that part but that it would just be harder going forward. I guess it depends on how the cap bounces back after the 3 flat years. Im not even sure players are able to get $10M with a flat cap. but you cant afford to lose those guys.

yah he didnt use the “window closing” terminology specifically but tell me thats not what he was getting at?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just so i dont seem 169% negative, (lol) the saving grace is that podkolzin and hoglander might arrive on the scene in 2 years ON ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACTS !!!!

THANK YOU JUDD BRACKETT !!!:behindsofa:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just so i dont seem 169% negative, (lol) the saving grace is that podkolzin and hoglander might arrive on the scene in 2 years ON ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACTS !!!!

THANK YOU JUDD BRACKETT !!!:behindsofa:

lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it just me or was Pearson dreadful this series? and most of the blues series as well

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
some pretty good stats

Goals - 1st - Bo Horvat - 10
Points - 4th - Elias Petterson - 18
. . . . . 4th - JT Miller 18
. . . . . 9th - Quinn Hughes 16
Points among defensemen - 2nd - Quinn Hughes - 16
Points among rookies - 1st - Quinn Hughes - 16 (NHL record for most points by rookie defenseman)
GAA - 1st - Thatcher Demko - 0.64
save% - 1st - Thatcher Demko - .985
goals vs expected - 2nd - Thatcher Demko -9 (this is an amazing stat considering he played only three games)
faceoffs won - 1st - Bo Horvat 246 (66 more than next guy)
hits - 4th - Tyler Motte - 61
blocked shots - 1st - Alex Edler - 67
. . . . . . . .. . .2nd - Chris Tanev - 54
blocked shots among forwards - 1st - Tyler Motte - 24
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4th - JT Miller - 18

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some pretty good stats

goals vs expected - 2nd - Thatcher Demko -9 (this is an amazing stat considering he played only three games)

its “only” a 3 game sample though... if demko kept up that pace in more games it would have been (more) legendary. Total expected goals are a function of how many scoring chances your team is giving up too. Lets not forget how good markstrom was either. As a tandem, they were plus 16.42 in expected goal differential (goals saved above expected) Using that stat only the Habs (with Price) got HALF as good goaltending as the Canucks got

from evolving hockey:
BF3C0B67-9EBD-4936-8E53-81ADDD4EC1D4.jpeg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the sunflowers in chilliwack are sad the canucks season is over :(

F8D6B2A8-C3EA-4F50-9F14-2AA09E8E9951.jpeg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
its “only” a 3 game sample though... if demko kept up that pace in more games it would have been (more) legendary. Total expected goals are a function of how many scoring chances your team is giving up too. Lets not forget how good markstrom was either. As a tandem, they were plus 16.42 in expected goal differential (goals saved above expected) Using that stat only the Habs (with Price) got HALF as good goaltending as the Canucks got

from evolving hockey:
View attachment 252473
fwiw I was looking at expected goal differential itself, not average.
so basically, Carter hart had saves 12 goals better than expectation (over nine games)
and Demko had saved 9 goals better than expectation over only three games.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw I was looking at expected goal differential itself, not average.
so basically, Carter hart had saves 12 goals better than expectation (over nine games)
and Demko had saved 9 goals better than expectation over only three games.

curious where your numbers are coming from. What i posted above in the table was goals saved above expected (far right column). They calculate expected goals then subtract actual goals allowed. Its not average. Its fractional because expected goals are weighted based on game situation(leading/losing etc).

For example, evolving hockey saying carter hart gave up 6.76 fewer goals than expected

Status
Not open for further replies.