• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Edler's sticking around:

"In order for there to be a market for Alex Edler, the Vancouver Canucks would have to have a willingness to want to move him," McKenzie told TSN Radio 1040 Vancouver. "I think the priority right now is that general manager Jim Benning is going to try and get an extension done with Edler. I think that's the plan, unless something has dramatically changed that I'm not aware of. It's kind of pie in the sky talk in terms of saying 'What's the market going to be for him?' Because he's technically at this point, anyways, not available."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Edler's sticking around:

"In order for there to be a market for Alex Edler, the Vancouver Canucks would have to have a willingness to want to move him," McKenzie told TSN Radio 1040 Vancouver. "I think the priority right now is that general manager Jim Benning is going to try and get an extension done with Edler. I think that's the plan, unless something has dramatically changed that I'm not aware of. It's kind of pie in the sky talk in terms of saying 'What's the market going to be for him?' Because he's technically at this point, anyways, not available."

Is this news?

He wants to play his whole career here. The notion (out there for a few weeks) that he would accept a trade if there was a “handshake agreement” that he would be resigned by the canucks this summer seemed pie in the sky. Is that move even cap legal?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this news?

He wants to play his whole career here. The notion (out there for a few weeks) that he would accept a trade if there was a “handshake agreement” that he would be resigned by the canucks this summer seemed pie in the sky. Is that move even cap legal?
I guess there was a chance they couldn't come to an agreement on salary and Benning told him flat out he wouldn't be there in September which may have facilitated a trade.

But Vancouver doing good probably killed the chances of any guys leaving as rentals (unless they plummet in February).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Vancouver doing good probably killed the chances of any guys leaving as rentals (unless they plummet in February).

Im hoping all the drinking, camel riding and pussy eating in Cabo makes the bold happen

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping all the drinking, camel riding and pussy eating in Cabo makes the bold happen
I'd say "Don't you want the youngsters to get some playoff experience?" but honestly, after the Leafs unexpectedly made the playoffs two years ago and then followed that up by getting pushed around by the Bruins for a week instead of getting another top ten pick (who could've even wound up being Petterson), I get this.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say "Don't you want the youngsters to get some playoff experience?" but honestly, after the Leafs unexpectedly made the playoffs two years ago and then followed that up by getting pushed around by the Bruins for a week instead of getting another top ten pick (who could've even wound up being Petterson), I get this.

as botchford screams ... THEY NEED AN ARMY !!!

dump the trash for picks, get another good player in the draft and try to get that playoff experience next year

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn they put an aircast on edlers leg as well

/hes walking though

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edler is one tough hombre (or very lucky) - Probably both.

Status
Not open for further replies.