• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised pratt didnt go with the second coming of gretzky/kurri

:noidea:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Dml9v3VU4AAMizc.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
this Elias kid might be ok.
him and Boeser on the powerplay might be fun

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Left and right side rockets.

Now just a D who can shoot the puck with some velocity that garners some respect.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Pronman has his top 100 prospects in the Athletic and two Canucks (Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson) are in the top 10 - Here's his analysis on them:

7. Quinn Hughes, D, Vancouver

Skating: 70
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 35
Hockey sense: 65

Hughes is one of the best skating defensemen I’ve ever seen at his age. He has incredible agility, ability to get up to a dangerous top speed quickly and the power he gets from each stride is special. I’ve never seen a defenseman that can pivot from backward at full speed to dashing up the ice like he can. He can transition the puck well due to his feet, but his great puck skills and IQ allow him to drive play. He processes the game so well at both ends of the rink and is extremely creative with the puck, allowing him to make unique rushes and distributions. He controls the puck in a unique way and is very tough to dislodge due to his skating, skill and work ethic. The main drawback on him is his size – and it’s valid – but his sense and feet allow him to disrupt enough plays to be useful defensively, and he’s not a huge liability. His point shot could be a tad stronger, as well. He’s returning to Michigan for his sophomore season.

9. Elias Pettersson, C, Vancouver

Skating: 45
Puck Skills: 65
Physical Game: 45
Shot Grade: 70

Pettersson had a marvelous season, as he was named MVP of the SHL regular season and playoffs. I’ve had concerns about him in the past. I don’t love how he skates and he loses a lot of battles, but the skill level is too good and the production too high for those concerns to keep him outside elite status. Pettersson is an elite puckhandler with the hands to make even the best defenders look foolish. He’s very creative with the puck in terms of his individual skill, but he’s also a fantastic passer. He makes plays at a pro pace and creates a ton of chances for himself and his teammates. Pettersson also has a high-end shot, and due to all these threats, he’s a nightmare to stop on the power play with the multiple ways he can beat a team. His skating stride is a tad awkward, but fine in a straight line, and he still needs to bulk up a ton.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Rasmus Dahlin, Andrei Svechnikov, and Casey Middlestadt are his top 3 prospects.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Pronman has his top 100 prospects in the Athletic and two Canucks (Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson) are in the top 10 - Here's his analysis on them:

7. Quinn Hughes, D, Vancouver

Skating: 70
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 35

Hughes is one of the best skating defensemen I’ve ever seen at his age. He has incredible agility, ability to get up to a dangerous top speed quickly and the power he gets from each stride is special. I’ve never seen a defenseman that can pivot from backward at full speed to dashing up the ice like he can. He can transition the puck well due to his feet, but his great puck skills and IQ allow him to drive play. He processes the game so well at both ends of the rink and is extremely creative with the puck, allowing him to make unique rushes and distributions. He controls the puck in a unique way and is very tough to dislodge due to his skating, skill and work ethic. The main drawback on him is his size – and it’s valid – but his sense and feet allow him to disrupt enough plays to be useful defensively, and he’s not a huge liability. His point shot could be a tad stronger, as well. He’s returning to Michigan for his sophomore season.

9. Elias Pettersson, C, Vancouver

Skating: 45
Puck Skills: 65
Physical Game: 45
Shot Grade: 70

Pettersson had a marvelous season, as he was named MVP of the SHL regular season and playoffs. I’ve had concerns about him in the past. I don’t love how he skates and he loses a lot of battles, but the skill level is too good and the production too high for those concerns to keep him outside elite status. Pettersson is an elite puckhandler with the hands to make even the best defenders look foolish. He’s very creative with the puck in terms of his individual skill, but he’s also a fantastic passer. He makes plays at a pro pace and creates a ton of chances for himself and his teammates. Pettersson also has a high-end shot, and due to all these threats, he’s a nightmare to stop on the power play with the multiple ways he can beat a team. His skating stride is a tad awkward, but fine in a straight line, and he still needs to bulk up a ton.
I'm not saying Hughes isn't everything everyone says he is, or that any of the praise is misguided or overhyped or anything, and maybe Hughes is deservedly the 7th best prospect in hockey, but good D-men are incredibly difficult to come by and between Dahlin and Hughes 3 wingers and 2 C's (one of which didn't even muster a PPG in the O last year) were selected before Hughes went.

Has there been any writing on why Vancouver lucked out on a guy everybody is gaga about now? McKenzie had him 8th pre-draft so it's not like he rose or fell from where people expected him to be taken and those wingers were always expected to go where they did despite the fact that all of Ottawa, Arizona and Detroit could use a 1D. Even if each of these guys pan out there is far more upside to a top ten D-man who pans out than a top-ten winger. I mean, we're two years removed from a team trading a second pairing guy for the current Hart Trophy winner.

So what gives here? Is this just bad GM's doing bad GM things (all three of those teams are run by asshats save maybe Detroit)? Did Van luck the hell out? Did some GM's overrule their scouts?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what gives here? Is this just bad GM's doing bad GM things (all three of those teams are run by asshats save maybe Detroit)? Did Van luck the hell out? Did some GM's overrule their scouts?

I wonder if some teams backed off due to his height (5'10") and think that he won't be big enough or strong enough to fend off attackers or win battles along the boards. I think Van did luck out as the league is changed and we're seeing more and smaller players excel as they utilize their skating and smarts to avoid hits.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Hughes isn't everything everyone says he is, or that any of the praise is misguided or overhyped or anything, and maybe Hughes is deservedly the 7th best prospect in hockey, but good D-men are incredibly difficult to come by and between Dahlin and Hughes 3 wingers and 2 C's (one of which didn't even muster a PPG in the O last year) were selected before Hughes went.

Has there been any writing on why Vancouver lucked out on a guy everybody is gaga about now? McKenzie had him 8th pre-draft so it's not like he rose or fell from where people expected him to be taken and those wingers were always expected to go where they did despite the fact that all of Ottawa, Arizona and Detroit could use a 1D. Even if each of these guys pan out there is far more upside to a top ten D-man who pans out than a top-ten winger. I mean, we're two years removed from a team trading a second pairing guy for the current Hart Trophy winner.

meh ... its draft rankings :noidea: eyes on the prize had a "consensus" rating that he was the 4th overall pick We looked at 14 sources to come up with EOTP’s Consensus NHL Draft Rankings

bob had him 8th but in his podcast yesterday he said Vancouver should basically move heaven and earth (or not move heaven and earth depending on how you look at it) to make sure theyre "building a bunk bed for the Hughes brothers" next June

Detroit/Holland is the real head scratcher ... they passed on Hughes because they went best available and they had Zadina ahead of the "home town" blue liner ... even with the aged dreck they currently are returning on d this season

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if some teams backed off due to his height (5'10") and think that he won't be big enough or strong enough to fend off attackers or win battles along the boards. I think Van did luck out as the league is changed and we're seeing more and smaller players excel as they utilize their skating and smarts to avoid hits.

i think everyone was also surprised during the summer showcase how goddamn feisty and a shit disturber Hughes is for his size ... probably upped every "hockey mans" opinion of him

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boeser should get to be a player coach for the first two games of the season and Green should have to hold Jimbo's hand in the press box.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bag skate after first practice of training camp lol Jake claiming Stecher vomited lol

Status
Not open for further replies.