• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean, he did trade a clearly over the hill Burrows for a pretty good package, although there are only so many idiot GM's in the league and most of their teams are pretty much done at this point (see: Edmonton, Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal). Maybe Garth Snow was a good target here...

I say Benning goes to the well with Dorion again lol

I dont think Chevy is a tool but Id inquire about Nic Petan

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As this season has progressed, I dont think bo horvat getting the C when henrik retires is a given anymore ... and thats not a slam on bo

the meter is moving towards Bo again

BEST LEGEND

The legend of Huncho Horvat has been going through a significant remodelling, like a house adding an extension out back this month.

You know the old story about the centre who couldn’t skate (well). The one who turned himself into one of the quickest skaters on the team with commitment and practice.

But did you hear the one about the player who couldn’t put weight on his foot for four weeks and returned to his team faster, better seven weeks after he last played?

Somehow, Huncho improved his conditioning test scores after missing nearly two months of this season. Most of it he spent in a walking boot.

He idled away, working out and devouring hockey games like the rest of us binge Netflix or Kodi.

He said he was trying to polish the way he thinks the game too, searching for details, and traits shared by some of the NHL’s best centres.

When people talked in the fall about Horvat being the kind of person you bet on with a massive contract extension worth massive dollars, this is the type of moment they were talking about.

A player whose main pursuit in life is to be a better hockey player.

He’s been back for four games. They haven’t all been great. In two, the Canucks were shut out.

They weren’t shut out tonight.

Horvat made sure of that, doing what leaders do, sensing a scoring chance, pouncing on it and finishing.

It was glorious to see because it was so damn explosive.

Well, that and the Vanek pass is either his craftiest or luckiest of the season.

By the end, Horvat had played 21:42. It was his second busiest game of the season.

It also may have been his best.

He scored, had four shot attempts and won more face-offs than he lost.

When he was on the ice at evens, the Canucks controlled 66.67% of the shot attempts.

His coach flipped things around using many opportunities to get Horvat and Baertschi out there for offensive zone start situations.

Horvat is getting significantly better in all areas.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wut the ... Mike Gillis and Francesco watched last nights game together??? lol

benningsurprise1.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just drop this here - Who would know more about Elias Pettersson than his brother Emil (from Corey Pronman of the Athletic, not to be confused with the Atlantic lol):

The Pettersson Brothers

Emil Pettersson, a 24-year-old Nashville prospect playing his first season in North America, has displayed skill and intelligence on his way to an All-Star appearance. While he is a quality prospect in the Predators' system, it was not hard for the conversation to eventually steer to his brother, Elias, who is Vancouver’s top prospect. Some of the other Swedes at the game I talked to also mentioned how they watch SHL games and have marveled at Elias’ ability and production.

CP: You played with Vaxjo in the SHL before coming to North America. Was that a factor in your brother Elias choosing to go there?

Emil Pettersson: Ya it did. He saw I did well there and the head coach Sam Hallam is really good.

CP: How often do you two talk and/or watch his games? Obviously he’s lighting that league on fire right now.

Emil Pettersson: I’ve watched most of his games. It’s easier for me than it is for him. I can catch up on his games after practice. We talk almost every day. I don’t think he needs advice from me anymore.

CP: Did you see his world juniors.

Emil Pettersson: Ya I did, I was at the first game.

CP: Overall, what have you thought of your brothers’ season so far?

Emil Pettersson: I knew exactly what he could do, that he was going to be a great player in the SHL and he would be a top player on Vaxjo. But he has something like 40 points in 32 games.

CP: So has he exceeded your expectations.

Emil Pettersson: Ya. I think he’s exceeded his own expectations. But on the ice he knows exactly what he can do. His confidence is great so he trusts himself and he has the guts to do stuff out there and it pays off.

CP: Are there any similarities between you two on the ice, keeping in mind difference in degrees?

Emil Pettersson: We’re pretty similar but his skill level, I don’t even know how he got it there [laughs]. We think the game similar though and look the same when we’re skating and shoot the puck the same way, but there’s a reason why he was a top 5 pick in the draft.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Taylor poses an interesting question and Ill expand on it by adding in random contract implications which he didnt

July 1
Would you rather the canucks sign:

Bieksa - 2 years at 2-2.5 shmill per
Gubberson - 4 years at 4 shmill per

:gaah: to both and hopefully there are options b,c,d,e,f etc etc lol but I think Id rather lose for 2 seasons in bieksallent fashion

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw (perhaps I misread it) that Baertschi has a better shooting percentage than Boeser does.

Brock, your job is to get him the puck or it's back to the Sedinery for you.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
that's a hell of a streak. hell of a season
"Why isn't anyone picking him?"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its chalking up to be a huge draft whiff if it isnt already ... I think Im ready to cut bait ... the hockey sense just isnt there at all

Im even willing to consider Virtanen and package (no firsts) for Evander Kane at this point ... THATS DESPAIR!!!! lol :gaah:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will he stop guys from getting sticked in the nuts though ???

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moj ripping on PK Subban again today, he's obsessed at this point.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because he said he wanted to play for Toronto or because he committed some really bad mistakes against Toronto?

He just thinks PK is a showboat and is a me-first player, he's more concerned about promoting the PK brand than winning hockey games.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope ... it all boils down to Moj being a Lucic family friend and at this point its obvious BGallagher was not a PK fan :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.