• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just from the way Willie talked i feel hes been made to play Goldy with Bo/Bae and on 2nd unit pp

crazyhockeyman.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks moving to rogers for radio rights

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“And they have this thing called a ‘change up’, when a player is not on form, not scoring. The manager will call a ‘change up’, and basically that player has to go out and ruin himself for the night, then come back the next day, with the attitude of you just don’t care.

“So they send him out, drink 20 pints, go off with a couple of women, whatever he wants. And come back the next day. That’s the way they live. It’s the culture, what they believe in, letting off steam like that. I don’t know if they look at the science behind it.”

lmao

WillieD doesnt have to tell Goldy to go for a changeup lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this mean for the local TSN 1040 on-air talent jstew?

it sounds like rogers might turn news1130 into all sports radio ... broadcast Jays and Canucks games ... people will jump ship ... probably means bell will shut down tsn1410 (or should i say change formats)

some on air people will probably jump ship to rogers :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the TSN guys actually good? I know I've probably asked before but if they're closing up shop out there they might transfer them to other stations.

Lord knows Naylor and Landsberg just don't fucking work in the morning here - I tuned in on my way in between 6:50 and 7 am and the hot topic on both stations the past 2 days has been "who will make more endorsement money over their career - McDavid or Matthews", which is a fair topic.

Landsberg then suggested Matthews' Mexican heritage would make him a great target for a Mexican restaurant here, then voiced a mock commercial where he (thankfully sans accent) said as Matthews "My mom cooked me the best Mexican food growing up, but this restaurant is a close second!" while Naylor said it was a bad idea justifying it with "Maybe if his last name was Perez or something".

Anyway, they could use an upgrade on their top line. And their fourth line. Everywhere, really.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the TSN guys actually good? I know I've probably asked before but if they're closing up shop out there they might transfer them to other stations.

Lord knows Naylor and Landsberg just don't fucking work in the morning here - I tuned in on my way in between 6:50 and 7 am and the hot topic on both stations the past 2 days has been "who will make more endorsement money over their career - McDavid or Matthews", which is a fair topic.

Landsberg then suggested Matthews' Mexican heritage would make him a great target for a Mexican restaurant here, then voiced a mock commercial where he (thankfully sans accent) said as Matthews "My mom cooked me the best Mexican food growing up, but this restaurant is a close second!" while Naylor said it was a bad idea justifying it with "Maybe if his last name was Perez or something".

Anyway, they could use an upgrade on their top line. And their fourth line. Everywhere, really.

tsn1410 is basically just an overflow station ... they dont really play original local content daily ... just the american stuff during the day (dan patrick/jim rome) and they pick up live events. Thats where most of the Jays games were broadcast (yes on a bell station). Production staff will get cut. I doubt any "on air talent" moves east. Theres not enough money in it to make that move nowadays (unless the person is originally from there and would be going home (sekeres? :think: ). When guys lose jobs in this industry its pretty much over for them ... there are no jobs in the industry

morning is just old guy radio ... Pratts drunk but he was at his best when he was at NW when Canucks first moved to team1040 (tsn) years ago and would just troll the team ... he can do that again and do it well i think

afternoon drive is old guy radio that is non stop team slurping ... their show would be rudderless when theres nothing for them to swallow

I think Sekeres and Price are probably the best on the station (btw I was sick at home Monday and tuned in to Hockeycentral at noon on snet ... darren millard and colby armstrong ... atrocious ... unlistenable ... banter was just horrible). Sekeres/Price have good chemistry together ... I can see both moving to Rogers eventually (Blake has jumped ship before) and that would be crushing for Bell ... leave a huge hole

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an irish guy thinks the canucks drink too much lmao

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people are saying it must all be fake news

C6fmXqwU8AAo3Hb.jpg:large

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tsn1410 is basically just an overflow station ... they dont really play original local content daily ... just the american stuff during the day (dan patrick/jim rome) and they pick up live events. Thats where most of the Jays games were broadcast (yes on a bell station). Production staff will get cut. I doubt any "on air talent" moves east. Theres not enough money in it to make that move nowadays (unless the person is originally from there and would be going home (sekeres? :think: ). When guys lose jobs in this industry its pretty much over for them ... there are no jobs in the industry

morning is just old guy radio ... Pratts drunk but he was at his best when he was at NW when Canucks first moved to team1040 (tsn) years ago and would just troll the team ... he can do that again and do it well i think

afternoon drive is old guy radio that is non stop team slurping ... their show would be rudderless when theres nothing for them to swallow

I think Sekeres and Price are probably the best on the station (btw I was sick at home Monday and tuned in to Hockeycentral at noon on snet ... darren millard and colby armstrong ... atrocious ... unlistenable ... banter was just horrible). Sekeres/Price have good chemistry together ... I can see both moving to Rogers eventually (Blake has jumped ship before) and that would be crushing for Bell ... leave a huge hole
Lunch hour is pretty awful all around - TSN's got Andi Petrillo (who is fine save the occasional try-too-hard moment) along with one or both of Patrick O'Sullivan and Dave Poulin (barf). Gladly take anyone over them at this point as lunch is usually when I tune in other than the rush hours.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently the Canucks upper level brass vehemently deny the Irish guys story.

Personally if it was me, I'd call a presser from my office (a la Rob Ford with the bottle of Grey Goose on the desk) and embrace the fact. Get marketing in on it and include a change up season ticket promotion. It's a lode of gold just waiting to be mined

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently the Canucks upper level brass vehemently deny the Irish guys story.

Personally if it was me, I'd call a presser from my office (a la Rob Ford with the bottle of Grey Goose on the desk) and embrace the fact. Get marketing in on it and include a change up season ticket promotion. It's a lode of gold just waiting to be mined
I believe it was brother Doug that had the Grey Goose bottle during a CNN interview.

Apev4Cb.jpg

Ah the good ol' days.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wait, the canucks don't score in the dying seconds to tie the game... that's just what other teams do

Status
Not open for further replies.