• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to defend WillieD, but I did find it kinda funny that late in the game with Miller out for an extra attacker, the camera focused on Henrik and Daniel sitting on the bench as if they were begging for Simpson to say something about WillieD not having the Sedins out when you are trying to score a goal. Simpson didn't say a word and shortly thereafter, Baertschi did score to make it 3-2.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to defend WillieD, but I did find it kinda funny that late in the game with Miller out for an extra attacker, the camera focused on Henrik and Daniel sitting on the bench as if they were begging for Simpson to say something about WillieD not having the Sedins out when you are trying to score a goal. Simpson didn't say a word and shortly thereafter, Baertschi did score to make it 3-2.

sure they used their camera work to build a narrative but ... caman ... talk about being late to the party ... this isnt just a Saturdays game thing ... this is a recurring theme ... this roll 4 lines like a dope without changing philosophy in game depending on the circumstances ... if its not Vey on late in a game its Dorsett getting copious amounts of minutes with the Sedins on the bench late in games ... if it was a tactic for team tank Id be on board but he did the same fuckin thing v the flames in the playoffs last year

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they used their camera work to build a narrative but ... caman ... talk about being late to the party ... this isnt just a Saturdays game thing ... this is a recurring theme ... this roll 4 lines like a dope without changing philosophy in game depending on the circumstances ... if its not Vey on late in a game its Dorsett getting copious amounts of minutes with the Sedins on the bench late in games ... if it was a tactic for team tank Id be on board but he did the same fuckin thing v the flames in the playoffs last year

Oh I agree, WillieD's stubbornness to not mix up his lines or even double-shift the Sedins has been well documented both in print and over the airwaves. I'm not listening to the cesspool this morning, but David Pratt can't be happy about losing to Toronto.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, WillieD's stubbornness to not mix up his lines or even double-shift the Sedins has been well documented both in print and over the airwaves. I'm not listening to the cesspool this morning, but David Pratt can't be happy about losing to Toronto.

He called it the day the season ended which leads me to believe he only watches hnic games (although last saturdays game v the flames was when the province called the season over :think: ) ... his reaction is akin to the entire narrative of that saturday broadcast ... its like they just discovered the canucks were on the road to team tank ... glad the lil snoozies from Ontario east (plus Pratt) finally got a clue lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Linden in the cesspool ..

Botch question:
"who has the final say on hockey decisions"

Linden:
"We do (quickly) ... I do"

who is we and which one is it Lord linden? :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called it the day the season ended which leads me to believe he only watches hnic games (although last saturdays game v the flames was when the province called the season over :think: ) ... his reaction is akin to the entire narrative of that saturday broadcast ... its like they just discovered the canucks were on the road to team tank ... glad the lil snoozies from Ontario east (plus Pratt) finally got a clue lol

someone needs to replay the day he guaranteed the Canucks making the playoffs and (I believe he added) winning a round when they beat Florida.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
OK, so Leafs fielded an AHL team, (outshot us 38-19)
and the Wild have lost 8 in a row. (shots are 19-5 minny halfway through)

can we blow this fucking team up already?
anyone over 26 not names Sedin.... blow 'em out for picks.
(Hansen can stay)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coffee table book bad defending candidate on minnis 5th goal

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so Leafs fielded an AHL team, (outshot us 38-19)
and the Wild have lost 8 in a row. (shots are 19-5 minny halfway through)

can we blow this fucking team up already?
anyone over 26 not names Sedin.... blow 'em out for picks.
(Hansen can stay)
Not moving them = no blow-up. As long as they're around, a part of the past will be blocking the future. They're still the most valuable, most desirable assets the team has and unless they're cashed in on while there's still time they're just having a negative effect on the future of the team.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Not moving them = no blow-up. As long as they're around, a part of the past will be blocking the future. They're still the most valuable, most desirable assets the team has and unless they're cashed in on while there's still time they're just having a negative effect on the future of the team.
I want them around as mentors.
Their work ethic and professionalism are often cited as inspirational from the rookies.

All kids runs the risk of perpetual blow up (oilers)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them around as mentors.
Their work ethic and professionalism are often cited as inspirational from the rookies.

All kids runs the risk of perpetual blow up (oilers)
All good points, but "blow up" means maximizing your assets. Those are two really, really good assets that are worth more than their mentoring capabilities.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Also, the market for contenders who can take $12m cap on two players is pretty limited.
Ideally, they become mentors and a really solid 2nd line for a few more years

In your world you move 'em, in mine I don't

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the market for contenders who can take $12m cap on two players is pretty limited.
Ideally, they become mentors and a really solid 2nd line for a few more years

In your world you move 'em, in mine I don't

they dont get moved in mine either ... and its a 14 million cap hit not 12

i want to see what sedins and youth can do ... i thought at the start of the season they couldnt tank with sedins on the team ... i was wrong ... tank mode is engaged

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see them get picks for Vrbata, Hamhuis, Burrows (someone take miller too please please please!!!) That would open up roster space for the tank run for Shinkaruk and Gaunce ... kinda scares me though because their addition probably improves the team

the only thing Benning probably excels at, to this point as GM, is scouting

they will need a couple of ufa vets in the offseason ... hopefully they dont blow their brains out on this but they probably will :L

Status
Not open for further replies.