• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Los Angeles Kings 2/6 7:30 PM

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely needed the win. Entering 1-8-1 in their last 10 is awful, only reason they hadn't slipped out of the playoffs is because Vancouver and SJ decided to stink up the joint too.

Technically Head Fake could have ended up a -2, his goal was a PP goal, no? If so, he wouldn't get a plus and he could have been out for both goals against which were both 4-on-4 but at ES. Viola...your -2. He did end up a -1 because he was out there on Muffin's whiffed goal.

Sure did seem like Fox was propping his sorry defensive ass up a lot tonight.

Seemed to me like he was propping Muzzin up more. Johnson did end up -1 so I guess he wasn't on the ice for one of the Kings goals. Close enough prediction though.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to me like he was propping Muzzin up more.

Hopefully it's a big ploy by Kings management and staff to increase his value. I'm being a total conspiracy theorist here of course but that would be awesome - build that stiff up and get him the hell out of town.

Johnson did end up -1 so I guess he wasn't on the ice for one of the Kings goals. Close enough prediction though.

Ox

The goal was a gimme, it happens way too often to not know it'll go down that way. The -2 though, that would have been something to nail his stats for the night as a whole.

And yes, he wasn't out there for Regehr's goal but was on Muzzin's. Amazingly it wasn't him who blew coverage.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player that ends up with a - against the Kings right now is pretty sorry, JJ scoring and being a - for the night isn't that much of a guess even against LA. -2 was a bit of a stretch I guess

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player that ends up with a - against the Kings right now is pretty sorry, JJ scoring and being a - for the night isn't that much of a guess even against LA. -2 was a bit of a stretch I guess

Johnson is so bad in his own end he would end up a -3 on one shift sitting on the bench.

I bought the hype on him when he was first traded for but that faded by 2008. It was obvious the Kings had a dullard on their hands who didn't know how to cover his man in a phone booth and just made poor decisions.

Muzzin is significantly better in his own end but his decision making that leads to opportunities against are on Jack Johnson levels.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hopefully the Kings got a nice hard look at how important it is to shoot the puck on net, after watching their old pal JMFJ last night (Even he got one on net though). I wish the Kings would take just a little off of their shots to ensure that they hit the net. It is one of my biggest pet peeves and it happens about 4-5 times a game. Kings trying too hard to shoot it through the goaltender and basically clearing the zone for the other team. The defenseman just need to get it on net, and things will happen.

Just another observation but Voynov had two really bad fans last night (not douchebags in the crowd, but missed shots) and has had a few of those lately. I think maybe he and Richards got their sticks mixed up a few months back and need to trade back.