• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Colts vs Broncos

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A must see game. The master Peyton Manning vs the next Peyton Manning. Broncos look like the better team, but they did last year also and ended up losing.

Week 1 NFL picks: Colts try their Luck against Broncos | NFL | Sporting News

COLlq4q.jpg

Would love a upset here, go Colts!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos are going to smash them. Sometimes a team just can't be beat on a particular night. And after what happened the last time they played, and all that's happened since, I wouldn't want my team going in to Mile High tomorrow.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't you use the SNF game thread?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos are going to smash them. Sometimes a team just can't be beat on a particular night. And after what happened the last time they played, and all that's happened since, I wouldn't want my team going in to Mile High tomorrow.

Most likely the Broncos kick ass, but you never know, some times a team just has another team number. Still looking forward to the game, no matter who wins.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the Luck lovers?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Indy beat Manning again, but not convinced it will happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my Broncos chances in this one. Couple of areas of concern for the Broncos though...

1) As good as most Bronco fans think the defense is going to be I do think there will be some growing pains early on in the season with so many new pieces. There are 9 new starters on this defense that didn't play in the Super Bowl. That is a lot of pieces that have had very little time to work on communication with. So I could see the Colts with a quarterback like Luck getting some points off of communication break downs by the Broncos.

2) Indy potentially has one of the best TE combos with Allen and Fleener. Hard enough to cover one good TE but having to cover 2 is a very tall task. I think the Broncos have the ability but again going to take a very good game by the Linebackers and Safeties talking to one another. I would feel a lot better about this if the Broncos had their best coverage linebacker in Danny Trevathan but with him out a few weeks I could see that being a spot the Colts challenge early to see if they can take advantage.

Now on the flip side I think there are some spots that look very good for the Broncos over that of the Colts...

1) The Broncos DL vs. the Colts OL is a huge plus. I cannot wait to see Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware getting after Luck. Those two are going to make life hell for quarterbacks even if they have a good OL in front of them which Andrew Luck does not have.

2) The Broncos OL vs. the Colts DL. Last year in the Broncos/Colts game the Broncos were having to do some major shuffling. 2 weeks before this game last year they lost their All-Pro LT in Clady. The very next week they lost their starting RT. So the OL ended up being a back up LT going against Robert Mathis and our RT was filled by our RG who had never played the position and his spot was filled by a guy that still was trying to heal up a broken ankle injury that ended up causing him to retire not long after this game.

Fast forward to this year and Ryan Clady is back and the whole OL is actually healthy. On top of that Robert Mathis is suspended in this one. I think honestly if he was in this game I would be a bit more worried but I just don't see where the Colts are going to get pressure from. He was something like 50% of all Sacks/Hurries/Pressures for this defense last year. That is a lot of production gone that caused Peyton to have one of his worst games of the year. I honestly think Mathis is about 75% of why they won last year.

Right now my prediction for the game score wise is Broncos 31 Colts 17

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Broncos scoring quick and early. Up 17 points going into 4th Q, Luck makes his usual 4th Q comebacks but falls short 34-27

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos by 3 TD's. Indy is about as overrated as they come. As is Luck. Luck = Matt Ryan.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a great game. Denver is being picked by most but I'm confident that the Broncos coaching staff are reminding the team about that Indy game from last year a lot. The Colts beat the Broncos, 49'ers and Seahawks last year and they have reportedly gotten better at some positions. However, the injuries on their O-line are going to create a huge opportunity for Denver to exploit. I love this match-up to kick off the Broncos season. Mile High will be rockin'!

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos by 3 TD's. Indy is about as overrated as they come. As is Luck. Luck = Matt Ryan.

If my team and QB could beat both Superbowl teams last season, I'd take overrated. I can't say I've watched a lot of Luck but when he played my Seahawks last season, I was pretty impressed how he handled himself.

That being said, Denver will win this one.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a fun game to watch..... If I was betting I would go with the Broncos... Im not sold on Luck yet and I think Manning gives the Broncos the edge .... I like Denver's defense over the Colts also... If this game was at Mile high It would be a no brainer... Colts being at home makes it more interesting...

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a fun game to watch..... If I was betting I would go with the Broncos... Im not sold on Luck yet and I think Manning gives the Broncos the edge .... I like Denver's defense over the Colts also... If this game was at Mile high It would be a no brainer... Colts being at home makes it more interesting...

The game is in Denver.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is in Denver buddy. Just saying.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy has NO running game. Luck may get killed.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts make comebacks not just Luck. Just saying.

No shit just saying. The kid doesnt get rattled though like a lot of QB's and that's the difference. They were down 30 points to KC and still came back and won just saying

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy has NO running game. Luck may get killed.

He has a healthy Wayne back plus enough weapons, so doubt it. I figure a sack by Ware and Miller but he will be standing at end of game, one tough bastage