• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collinsworth on Palmer

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I know that Mike Brown wants to win and set an example, but the Bengals have a chance this year. Their schedule is not that tough (except for all those games against the Steelers and Ravens). This is like baseball, teams that have a chance should make moves to get better, teams that don't, trade for prospects. The Bengals don't have to trade for a draft pick, they could trade for a player. The thinking is that the Bengals may get a higher pick in the off-season from teams that fail to get the QB they want in free agency, but if the right trade comes along for a draft pick or a player, I hope Mike makes the deal now. The Bengals don't stink. Their defense can play with almost anybody (Packers....well?) so capture the momentum and sell some tickets. Thank goodness the Bengals play the Steelers at home so they can get a sellout. This is a team that I enjoy watching. They keep it very simple on offense which is exactly the right strategy. I give Jay Gruden credit for doing what is best for the team and not trying to make a name for himself. The addition by subtraction at the wide receiver position is still my favorite part of this team. Young hungry players are easy to cheer for. GO BENGALS! It has been a while since I felt like saying that."

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him. Maybe not trading Palmer at first, but now is the time to pull the trigger if possible to improve this team not only for this year but next as well.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He lost me at "I know Mike Brown wants to win...".

Though for his sake, I'm hoping he only wrote that in case Brown reads it, so he can suck him in.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, to be fair, I think Mike Brown wants to win, it's just he wants to win less than he wants to make money.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trading Palmer wouldn't lose him money. He doesn't care about winning. It's just seldomly a byproduct of the business he's in. He's indifferent.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant that Mike Brown wants to win the staring match... Not win football games.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he meant that Mike Brown wants to win the staring match... Not win football games.

Mikey keeps his lawn in mint condition, he doesnt like anyone to come near his lawn. No way does he trade Palmer, he will die keeping Palmer retired.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine he already has a provision in his will that Palmer never be traded.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. When you don't report for a year, you don't get that year towards Free Agency. The contract is frozen into place. If Palmer wants his contract to run out, he has to show up.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to have at least 4 trash bags dumped on your lawn per season, or it doesn't count.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe if he wanted it to count, he had to show up the Friday before the regular season started. Even if he shows up tomorrow, it doesn't count towards FA.

Not counting towards FA might just he'd be restricted until he puts in his 4 years, but his contract would still run its course. I've never really had a good grasp of that part of it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most of the guys who hold out...they can miss up to 10 games, right? It's what Jackson did last year with San Diego. As long as you are back for the last 6 games, it counts towards FA.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Like most of the guys who hold out...they can miss up to 10 games, right? It's what Jackson did last year with San Diego. As long as you are back for the last 6 games, it counts towards FA.

That date was changed to the Friday before the regular season I believe.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cincinnati Bengals team report: No plans to deal Carson Palmer - NFL - Sporting News

Reedy says it's frozen with 4 years left..... Wouldn't matter anyway. It's not like a 30 year old player can just sit out for 4 seasons and then become an NFL football player again. He needs to play again next season or I'd say he's done for good.

The question is, if he were to come back Week 7 and collect $7million, will he still be owed $11 million for the next 4 years. And then next season come back again Week 7 and collect $7 million. Will he still be owed $11 million for the following 4 years?